Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 7:55:14 AM EDT

1. he sounds Like a sweLL guy...maybe sean hannity wiLL start Looking over his shouLder more.

2. So Tom Leykis has finally learned the lesson of Ed Gruberman...Wonder if it will sink in?

4. Appears to me he did not just get kicked in the head...Looks like he got his ass kicked. Should happen more often to media types

5. Boot to the head!...

6. Whoever did should get an award...Leykis is a piece of human garbage......

www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x778264#778267
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:10:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Geez, gotta love that DU response.  Exactly like the skinheads and nazis after Alan Berg got whacked in front of his home.

OTOH, if someone were to pop diane feinestein in the snout, I'd be laughing too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:13:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
OTOH, if someone were to pop diane feinestein in the snout, I'd be laughing too.

+ 1,000,000
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

1. he sounds Like a sweLL guy...maybe sean hannity wiLL start Looking over his shouLder more.

2. So Tom Leykis has finally learned the lesson of Ed Gruberman...Wonder if it will sink in?

4. Appears to me he did not just get kicked in the head...Looks like he got his ass kicked. Should happen more often to media types

5. Boot to the head!...

www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x778264#778267

Let's not get too high on our pedestal - lots of people here condoned the assault on a woman (a while ago) who owned an art gallery with some anti-american or anti-war art displayed in it.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:23:47 AM EDT
[#5]
In principal, I agree that the RIGHT is no better than the LEFT when it comes to rhetoric.

However, there is a line between talking about it and doing it. I'm of the opinion that conservatives don't cross the line while liberals don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

I foresee them (the left) crossing that line more frequently... in our not so distant future.

-LS
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:38:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Isn't Tom Leykis a lefty talk radio guy from LA?

I recall during the ramp-up to Gulf War 1 that NRA members and other shooters should be sent over to fight the war, "since they like guns so much". After listening to his crap a few times I felt like kicking his ass myself.

Is this really the same guy? Has he changed, or is it just that DU is so far left they are willing to pile on leftys they view as impure?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:47:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#9]
In a nutshell, Leykiss is about entertaining the masses. His demo is men about 18-35.  He reports to tell men how to "get more tail for less money" and to teach women how men think.  

Basically its about how guys can get laid more, women are superficial money-grubbers.

Other than that I consider him sort of left, but not fanatical.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

5. Boot to the head!...

So much for all that tolerance we hear so much about..............
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:30:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Eh, I read some of his comments after reading the news report and frankly, they sounded like the kind of comments that would get your ass kicked if you didn't make them from the anonymity of radio or the Internet.

From the news report, it looks like he ran his mouth off over the radio and one of the people he was nasty to recognized him in public and kicked his ass. I am not a fan of using violence to resolve verbal disputes; but frankly I can't muster a lot of sympathy for this guy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well we are the lunatic fringe who proudly wave our weapons of mass destruction in the air killing people at will. They on teh other hand claim to be the open minded, all inclusive bastion of human rights.

I don't know about you, but with me it's not really a matter of "will." Sometimes it's just because I feel like it, or maybe I'm shooting at a basket of puppies and some knucklehead walks into the field of fire. Sometimes it "just happens." I'm beginning to think these things have minds of their own - especially the ones I picked up in the street back in the summer of '94.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:34:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well we are the lunatic fringe who proudly wave our weapons of mass destruction in the air killing people at will. They on teh other hand claim to be the open minded, all inclusive bastion of human rights.

I don't know about you, but with me it's not really a matter of "will." Sometimes it's just because I feel like it, or maybe I'm shooting at a basket of puppies and some knucklehead walks into the field of fire. Sometimes it "just happens." I'm beginning to think these things have minds of their own - especially the ones I picked up in the street back in the summer of '94.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Let's not get too high on our pedestal - lots of people here condoned the assault on a woman (a while ago) who owned an art gallery with some anti-american or anti-war art displayed in it.

I didnt, but I will now!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:04:45 PM EDT
[#16]
What's with the "LL" secret code?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Having listened to T. Leykis, I can understand why someone would kick him in the head. he's a worthless POS.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I think he was drunk and he fell down.

The Five Point is a pretty shitty place anyway, and it's no less shitty at 345am which is about when this supposedly happened.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The Five Point is a pretty shitty place anyway, and it's no less shitty at 345am which is about when this supposedly happened.

It used to be a real dive before it got sold about a year ago. They have really cleaned the place up. Same crowd, but the place is spotless. Great breakfast food!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Isn't Tom Leykis a lefty talk radio guy from LA?

I recall during the ramp-up to Gulf War 1 that NRA members and other shooters should be sent over to fight the war, "since they like guns so much". After listening to his crap a few times I felt like kicking his ass myself.

Is this really the same guy? Has he changed, or is it just that DU is so far left they are willing to pile on leftys they view as impure?

That would be him. Before every show he starts off by saying, "NOT HOSTED BY SOME RIGHT WING WHACKO". He is a lefty that condones treating woman like human garbage. Not my kind of guy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It used to be a real dive before it got sold about a year ago. They have really cleaned the place up. Same crowd, but the place is spotless. Great breakfast food!

Gotcha!  
I used to go in there for breakfast until on the morning that the Columbia burned on renentry the skanky excuse for a waitress complained that the TV station should show something else, she was tired of it already and she didn't case because it didn't affect her anyway, this was all before 8am, the story was far less than 2 hours old at that point.

Between that and watching people eat breakfast without even taking the cigarette out of thier mouths to eat I'd had enough of that place and I've picked better places to have breakfast at since then.

Given their last health inspection maybe I won't be trying it anytime soon though.

08/05/2004

Score 48
-Handwashing facilities not maintained, accessible, stocked.
-Wiping cloth: no sanitizer on wiping cloth, dirty, or used for more than food prep surfaces.
-In-use utensils not properly stored.
-Room temperature storage of potentially hazardous food (PHF) (storage of PHF between 70 and 120oF--bacteria grow fastest in this range)
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
In principal, I agree that the RIGHT is no better than the LEFT when it comes to rhetoric.

However, there is a line between talking about it and doing it. I'm of the opinion that conservatives don't cross the line while liberals don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

I foresee them (the left) crossing that line more frequently... in our not so distant future.

-LS

I forsee me there to greet them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
He is a lefty that condones treating woman like human garbage.

Only to the extent that women treat men like walking wallets.

Remember, there are no victims only volunteers.

-Z

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ 1,000,000

You are only allowed one at a time!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-LS

I forsee me there to greet them.

With a size 13EE I know what you mean!

BigDozer66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top