Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 5:41:50 AM EDT
I have been learning more about my Fathers family and it keeps getting stranger and stranger. In 1611 one of my ancestors was the Governer of Jamestown, VA. I am also told that he was tarred, feathered, and run out of town. My Great-Grandfather and at least one of his brothers were involved in organized crime in Chicago during the early part of the century. Some of my cousins, and one of my Great-Uncles still are. I have another cousin in Key West, FL. who is involved with gun/drug trafficing, and has served time in a Cuban prison. My Grandfather was the Crew Chief of a plane that accidently dropped a disarmed nuclear bomb in South Carolina.

Does anybody else have this kind of stuff going on in their families?

*I swear all of this is true to the best of my knowledge.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:45:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.  A very old relative of mine supposedly tarred and featherd an ex Governor of Jamestown.  It was a form of protest called "Ye ole owned".
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:50:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
"Ye ole owned".

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:51:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Interesting.  A very old relative of mine supposedly tarred and featherd an ex Governor of Jamestown.  It was a form of protest called "Ye ole owned".

ROFL
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:51:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have been learning more about my Fathers family and it keeps getting stranger and stranger. In 1611 one of my ancestors was the Governer of Jamestown, VA. I am also told that he was tarred, feathered, and run out of town. My Great-Grandfather and at least one of his brothers were involved in organized crime in Chicago during the early part of the century. Some of my cousins, and one of my Great-Uncles still are. I have another cousin in Key West, FL. who is involved with gun/drug trafficing, and has served time in a Cuban prison. My Grandfather was the Crew Chief of a plane that accidently dropped a disarmed nuclear bomb in South Carolina.

Does anybody else have this kind of stuff going on in their families?

*I swear all of this is true to the best of my knowledge.

I've had family ran out of town, involved in crime (mostly DISorganized, though...my family has some dim bulbs), serving time in prison, homosexual, drug addict, suspected of drug trafficking, involved in prostitution (at the management level, no less!).....you name it.

And that's all on my dad's side.

My mother's side is pretty tame.....they're mainly into tax evasion, shady business dealings, and whatnot.

<----no skeletons in my closet; not enough room in there for all of 'em!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:08:40 AM EDT
[#5]

I have another cousin in Key West, FL. who is involved with gun/drug trafficing

So hook us up with some guns, man

Seriously though, on  my dad's side of the family, John Wesley Hardin is a distant cousin of mine.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:12:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Just a few industry/land barrons that owned enough slaves to fill a barn. Not a big deal 150 years ago but it is called shameful by some these days.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I have another cousin in Key West, FL. who is involved with gun/drug trafficing

So hook us up with some guns, man

Seriously though, on  my dad's side of the family, John Wesley Hardin is a distant cousin of mine.

I get the impression that he moves more drugs than guns. Most, if not all, of the guns go to Cuban groups in South FL.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:30:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top