Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 9:26:56 PM EDT

It's really wonderful that the State of New York has solved all the other problems that plague its citizens and has the time and resources now available to dedicate to this frightening risk to kids.

wbz1030.com/water/watercooler_story_238115956.html

School Toilets Could Get Stinky
Legislation Would Ban Use Of Odor-Control Product

Aug 25, 2004 11:58 am US/Eastern

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) New York state is a step closer to banning the use of urinal wafers in bathrooms at schools. The odor-control products have been around for decades, but recently they've been blamed for triggering asthma attacks as well as being a suspected carcinogen.

The state Legislature has passed a measure that would ban the use of the wafers in private and public school bathrooms. If the legislation is signed by Governor Pataki, the law could take effect as soon as November.

Several other government agencies have banned urinal cakes, including Erie County, the state prison system and the cities of New York and San Francisco.

Supporters of the ban say there are safer products on the market that can contain odors.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]
"Uh, where's the restroom?"

"Just follow the piss smell sir"

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
What the hell?  Are keeps crunching them up and doing lines?

How the hell did this even get started?

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#3]
what, are the kids eating the urinal cakes or something?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#4]
How about the Jane Fonda urinal cakes? Will they still be legal?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought those where big white mints
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
"Uh, where's the restroom?"

"Just follow the piss smell sir"

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I was working at an airbase overseas when a typical Kalifornia Air Guard unit showed up.  Their safety guy demanded we remove the urinal cakes from the bathroom since they did not have an MSDS and someone could handle or eat them.  NO SHIT

As a solution, we put a warning sign on the wall that said, "Urinal mints are not for human consumption, DO NOT EAT ."  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I was working at an airbase overseas when a typical Kalifornia Air Guard unit showed up.  Their safety guy demanded we remove the urinal cakes from the bathroom since they did not have an MSDS and someone could handle or eat them.  NO SHIT

As a solution, we put a warning sign on the wall that said, "Urinal mints are not for human consumption, DO NOT EAT ."  

As a janitor myself, I have several hundred "preban" urinal cakes in my warehouse.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Erie County banned them?
I need to go find a county gov't building and piss in it

they found time for this even though the budget was late by over 4 months?

assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?by=k&qs=urinal
# A09485 Prohibits purchase or use of certain urinal or toilet deodorizers in school buildings
# A11778 Advances to November 1, 2004, the effective date of provisions prohibiting the purchase and use of certain urinal deodorizers in school buildings
# S06143 Prohibits purchase or use of certain urinal or toilet deodorizers in school buildings
# S07696 Advances to November 1, 2004, the effective date of provisions prohibiting the purchase and use of certain urinal deodorizers in school buildings
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I would love to see the junk science that was used to determine that those toilet pucks were triggering aesthma and are carcinogenic.

Oh and we should also ban the sun since it is a source of harmful uv radiation.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What the hell?  Are keeps crunching them up and doing lines?

How the hell did this even get started?

- BUCC_Guy

+1
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Meaning: My cousin sells these things much cheaper sir. They are safer too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Its the end of the world as we know it. Christ.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#14]
All these youngsters will miss out on the magic that is Pee-Puck Hockey.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#15]
better than having you sks asked to be turned in.....I'll take NYS out Commiefornia,,,lived in both.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It's really wonderful that the State of New York has solved all the other problems that plague its citizens and has the time and resources now available to dedicate to this frightening risk to kids.

wbz1030.com/water/watercooler_story_238115956.html

School Toilets Could Get Stinky
Legislation Would Ban Use Of Odor-Control Product

Aug 25, 2004 11:58 am US/Eastern

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) New York state is a step closer to banning the use of urinal wafers in bathrooms at schools. The odor-control products have been around for decades, but recently they've been blamed for triggering asthma attacks as well as being a suspected carcinogen.

The state Legislature has passed a measure that would ban the use of the wafers in private and public school bathrooms. If the legislation is signed by Governor Pataki, the law could take effect as soon as November.

Several other government agencies have banned urinal cakes, including Erie County, the state prison system and the cities of New York and San Francisco.

Supporters of the ban say there are safer products on the market that can contain odors.

You mean it is NOT the roach and rat feces???
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't know why they call it a urinal cake, it sure as hell doesn't taste like cake.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Shit, what are they going to aim at?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Urinal blocks contain Para*, which was a suspected cancer risk, but the last I heard no connection has ever been proved.

*Paradichlorobenzine

School custodians have told me the grade school age kids would take them out of the urinals and throw them at each other, now that is GROSS!

It all boils down to idiots who don't have enough to do, so they think up stupid things like this!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top