Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 6:41:38 PM EDT
If things continue and the AWB sunsets, Do you think the prices on currently legal weapons will go up , or will they drop?  This is an ongoing debate at work and I would like to get your opinions on this subject.Thanks
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Price of prebans will go down because they will become 10 year old USED weapons with no glorified status.

The people who think prices of prebans will somehow go up are 100% delusional.

The only way they will retain SOME of their artificial value is if you sell them to guys in restricted states.  In which case, I would not try to overcharge them at all... I would sell for a fair price.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#2]
AJNTSA

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
AJNTSA

A,J, NTSA
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#5]
No one has an opinion....that's a first!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No one has an opinion....that's a first!

AJNTSA. There is you opinion.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Pussy,
Thanks for your reply, just don't understand AJNTSA.  Sorry for my stupidity.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the only prices that will change much will be the prebans rifles and magazines,which will drop .
Everything else will probabbly stay the same.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hey Pussy,
Thanks for your reply, just don't understand AJNTSA.  Sorry for my stupidity.

Allow me.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I think it will take a while for magazine prices to come down and AR uppers will see increased demand so that may hold prices up too.

And then if Kerry wins the election, the prices will shoot up again because there will be a mad panic to buy while you still can.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks MMcCall,
I appreciate your reply.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#12]
There will be some models that will not go down in value because of collectors.

I do not believe Colt Firearms will ever go back to 'AR15' designations nor do I think they will put the bayo lug or flash suppressors on them...on Civilian guns.

For most people this is not an issue but for 'Colt Collectors', and there are millions of them, it is a big deal.

Armalite and Bushmaster will more than likely go back to their original designations!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
There will be some models that will not go down in value because of collectors.

I do not believe Colt Firearms will ever go back to 'AR15' designations nor do I think they will put the bayo lug or flash suppressors on them...on Civilian guns.

For most people this is not an issue but for 'Colt Collectors', and there are millions of them, it is a big deal.

Armalite and Bushmaster will more than likely go back to their original designations!

BigDozer66

but there current LEO guns are marked ar15 and after the ban sunsets wont be LEO anymore.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Does/did anyone but Colt rollmark "AR15"?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Thanks MMcCall,
I appreciate your reply.

I do what I can.

On a serious note, if Ford starting cranking out '64 1/2 Mustangs again, completely identical in design, material and workmanship to the originals, would you want an old one or a new one? As some have mentioned, on Sep 13 prebans go from collectable to simply old. Prices will reflect accordingly.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top