Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 3:57:47 PM EDT
No, not that void. Its a movie about two Brits solo climbing a 20,000' mountain and one guy breaks his leg on the way down. Its done like a documentary with commentary by the players.
I thought it was pretty intense in some parts. Got me doing a bit of soul searching.
Anybody seen it?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw it.  I really dont get mountain climbing/mountain climbers.  One false step and you're dead  By some miracle those guys made it off the Murderhorn.  Not my idea of a good time.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I saw it.  I really dont get mountain climbing/mountain climbers.  One false step and you're dead  By some miracle those guys made it off the Murderhorn.  Not my idea of a good time.

I agree. I dont get it either and who am I to talk? I couldnt reconcile my lack of understanding for their motivation.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#3]
It was one of the most amazing survival stories ever told.

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:38:41 PM EDT
[#4]
i am reading the book right now. some amazing shit!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Read the book and wanted to adapt it for a feature.  Found out it was already being done.  One of the most amazing story's I have ever read about survival and never say die ever!  

Just amazing to me that he could just keep going and going.  A must read book.  Where did you see the film?  Love to see it.

kentlik
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Read the book and wanted to adapt it for a feature.  Found out it was already being done.  One of the most amazing story's I have ever read about survival and never say die ever!  

Just amazing to me that he could just keep going and going.  A must read book.  Where did you see the film?  Love to see it.

kentlik

Got it used at Blockbuster two days ago. Check your local.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't get it? All right, try this ; Fantastic scenery, outdoors, either sex can do it well, "hangin it out over the edge" (literally) is rewarded, you...and maybe you're partner... have your life in your own hands, you can rockclimb barefooted even if it's not recommended, and you can buy world-class equipment...most of which will last a lifetime...and do the other games, and you can compete and/or test only yourself if you want.  Not for everybody, but try a rock-climbing wall sometime ; it sure aint easy ... it is fun.    Stay safe
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought you were reposting greywolf's enema thread.....

Sounds like a good movie....
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought you were talkin about the taint.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I thought you were reposting greywolf's enema thread.....

Sounds like a good movie....

Definitely a good flick that has gone under the radar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top