Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 11:06:22 PM EDT
And let the bashing begin.....

Air Force Col. Brooks L. Bash, commander of the 437th Airlift Wing at Charleston Air Force Base, will leave Charleston in October to become special assistant to the commander, 18th Air Force, with duty at Travis Air Force Base, Calif.

His replacement will be Col. Susan Y. Desjardins, now the executive officer to the commander, U.S. Transportation Command and Air Mobility Command at Scott Air Force Base, Ill.

Desjardins will be the first woman to command the 437th Wing. She is a command pilot with more than 3,400 flying hours, mostly in KC-135 and KC-10 tankers. She commanded a tanker squadron at Grand Forks Air Force Base, N.D., and a tanker operations group at Travis.

Bash, who assumed command of the wing in June 2002, was selected for promotion to brigadier general earlier this year.

http://www.charleston.net/stories/082204/joy_22militry.shtml
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:20:18 AM EDT
[#1]
As a former member of the 437 AW, I say if she's fit for the job let her run with it.

I don't have a problem with women in the military.  My concerns are with women in front line ground combat positions.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:26:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing look more satisfying that watching women deliver food and drinks to your table.  If this chick can do it with airplanes, I say go for it!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:46:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey, it's an administrative position.  

Juuuuuuuust kidding!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:57:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nothing look more satisfying that watching women deliver food and drinks to your table.  If this chick can do it with airplanes, I say go for it!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top