Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 6:49:35 PM EDT
I have a chance to buy one at 400...slightly used..is this a good deal?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
swfa has them for 469 new
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Whats the AR15.com skinny on this scope? A while back people were saying they hated them but they have a new design out. Hows that working?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:21:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one of the early models, large visible "Bloom" that turned out to be the reticle diffracting off the glass.

Sent it back, bought an Aimpoint...

I really liked it too, I'll get one later down the line when the battery life is longer and I know for sure the bloom is fixed.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I bought one of the early models, large visible "Bloom" that turned out to be the reticle diffracting off the glass.

Sent it back, bought an Aimpoint...

I really liked it too, I'll get one later down the line when the battery life is longer and I know for sure the bloom is fixed.

I have never looked through one...Was the "bloom" terrible? When were they supposed to fix the problem??
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#5]
The bloom was as bright as the reticule, it looked like someone spilt red ink inside the lense.

Very distracting and bright enough to cover up objects in your view.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Red haze was apparrent under some(not all) artifical lighting conditions(indoors). I sent mine back because I was without the rifle at the time. Trijicon sent me a brand new one with no hazing, but something was wrong with the battery compartment? it wouldn't work with the Battery cap on reliably, and a slight tap would shut it off. They sent a call tag and picked it up last week. I expect them to sort it out. I like it otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The bloom was as bright as the reticule, it looked like someone spilt red ink inside the lense.

Very distracting and bright enough to cover up objects in your view.

Yes or no...Aimpoint M2 over the Tripower?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#8]
mine was in no way as bad as Katana posted, I never even noticed it until I tried it in my bathroom. Chevron reticle works good for close quarters and military targets out to 200m, but just get it over with and get an aimpoint, better track record.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Aimpoint for now...

Without the bloom and with even a third of the Aimpoints battery life, Tripower
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top