Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 6:58:37 PM EDT
I saw a LLama .45 minimax Sat. at the shop, it was reasonably priced, made in Spain. I have heard of them but don't know anything about them, please give me some expert advice.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#2]
My carry gun is a G19, and i want a .45 and it's a nice looking pisol for 250$, need something smaller than myg19
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#3]
they are JUNK,  Better off buying a good eastwing 26oz claw hammer for defense.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Like I said the one I had ran fine.

And they do have a lifetime warranty.

Would you consider it a good carry gun?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#6]
There are two brands of decent Spanish pistols.  Star and Astra.  Star is better than Astra in the modern age, but Astra was the best in the old days.  All other brands are distant 3rds, 4ths, 5ths...

My Star 30M is a fine firearm.  Not the most elegant, and has an unusual (but effective) safety system, but in the hunt with with other Milspec firearms.  If adding accs (night sights, rails, trigger work) is your thing, look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#7]
no.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:45:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a Llama two tone full size .45 and it runs fine, shoots Hollow point,semi wadcutter and ball ammo.It takes regular USGI Colt magazines. I don't plan to add any improvements to the pistol.
I did read a Gun Tests report on it (after I bought it) and they didn't reccomend buying it. Some people on the board say Gun Tests sucks.
I guess you pays your money and you takes your chance.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:55:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn't know you could fit a llama into a pistol magazine.  Anything like a poodle gun?  

Where do you find tiny llamas to load with?

Does the llama disintegrate when it leaves the barrel or do they actually stay together long enough to go splat on a target?

What is the muzzle velocity of a llama-round?

Are they mean llamas? (or just very ill-tempered?)

Do you need to let the llamas out every once in a while to eat and walk around, or do you just let them die in the magazine?

Do they stink if they die in the magazine?

Do they move around in the magazine?  

Would a small herd of llamas loaded into a concealed pistol move enough to give away your pistol?

I know, before anyone jumps my case about this..... but it beats staring at the ceiling trying to sleep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top