Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 11:19:57 AM EDT
My idea and I wished I would of started it when the war was young.  Was to place a flag and name *date of birth where they were from and date of death for everyone that lost there brave life,  I was also going to include the other countries that are with the US in the war.  but my front yard is too small plus the fact people around here would probably drive through it.   the cost wouldn't of bothered me.  I wanted to find a way to let people the scale of things.  I still might start it but I think it might be too late.

my spelling and grammar are horrible so please don't judge what I attempted to write
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#1]
You best have a big yard.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a great idea, like you though, the yard is too small and it would be lost on the nieghbors.  as long as we remember them and their great sacrifice to freedom, that is the best memorial we can ever give. at least thats my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's a website where someone already has virtually done this. You could use it as a source for the names and hometowns if you don't already have one.

Lest They Be Forgotten

I am NOT saying someone has already done this. Please don't take it that way. I still think the sight of those flags in a single location would be very moving to those who could see it.

I admire your idea and encourage you to do it.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You best have a big yard.

800 or more US dead so far

it would be demoralizing JMO
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I did happen to find flags for .25 cents for bulk,  also I was wondering if anybody would be interested in helping me out.  Not that you would have to do anything besides offer ideas or ways that I could get the names of the victims onto the flag or how best to place the flags in my area. I an thinking of putting up a donation link on my website to pay for the cost of materials,  I'm not looking to make any money out of this or any type of gain.  If I did it would be sad and just plain wrong.  If anybody wants to offer anything support ideas etc you can contact via email at [email protected]

Example of what I had in mind in the way of flags
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:24:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Deserves a trip to back to the start.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:30:14 AM EDT
[#7]
btt
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:04:42 AM EDT
[#8]
While I believe your intentions are well meaning, I think your monument will be exploited by the Left and the Michael Moore types of this country.

I think they will use it for their own agenda.  I'd suggest something else - but I just don't have any ideas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top