Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 7:30:22 PM EDT
Gotta tell you that I don't go out and buy new video games all that often. Most aren't worth $45.00, period. After reading a few reviews on Full Spectrum Warrior, I bought it.

You command 2 to 3 teams, and for those of you who have played Americas Army, I think you'd dig this game. It's a lot more realistic than the Rainbow 6 series, though I love those too.

Anyway, if you're looking in to getting a new war game, I highly recommend this one. After you finish training, you hit the battlefield, and so far it's been a blast. Playing smart is every bit as important as killing the enemy. You can call in mortar strikes, air strikes, you have to tend to your wounded, you've got GPS and can request little bird recon flights to update enemy positions. You're not a shooter in this game, which sort of put me off at first, but the deeper in to the game I get, the more I realize that is totally unimportant. The game kicks ass....check it out.

Full Spectrum Warrior Link...............................

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought an XBOX just for this game..heh.  It is a very nice game.  I didn't realise how good it was until I went on my first field exercise with my unit and did some real MOUT.

You basically play the role of the squad leader.  You aren't a shooter, this isn't an FPS.  You move fire teams around, assign sectors of fire, and make you way to the objective.  It based on a training sim that was designed for the US Army.  Good game.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I had this game, I did not care for it too much.   I was suprised at myself, I thought I would love it.  It just had too many unrealistic things for the game to be enjoyable for me.  For instance, if an enemy's upper-body is fully exposed, but is still technically behind cove, then he is impervious to gun fire.  That is just one of a few things that ruined this game for me.  I suppose if you can overlook these downfalls, then this game could be quite enjoyable.  Ghost Recon 2 is coming out, that looks fun.  Also, if you like military strategy games, I highly recommend Command and Conquer Generals for PC.  Also try Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series, you can't go wrong.  They are coming out with another SC game this november, it is called 'Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory'.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I rented the game and didnt like it all after the first day i returned it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#4]

The military has quietly become an industry leader in video-game design, creating games to train and even recruit the soldiers of the PlayStation generation. Will virtual boot camp make combat more real or more surreal?

Complete story posted in the halls of heroes forum:
NYT - The Making of an X Box Warrior
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top