Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 6:07:17 PM EDT
Last Friday I finally felt like making the drive down to the Barnes and Noble in the First Colony mall, about fifteen miles from my house.  Ever since I had the concussion, two weeks ago, traveling too far in my truck kind of makes me car sick.  So I go in and they don’t have UNFIT TO COMMAND.  F’ing pissed me off, so I head back home kind of sea sick.

Called some friends in Katy, Texas and they were coming to visit and I asked them to bring me a copy from Katy mills mall, from the bookstore down the mall from where the Bass Pro is.  Well Books a Million doesn’t have it either, said it would be out Tuesday the 17th.   So today I am feeling more froggy and brother needs some .308 ammo, so we head out for the Bass Pro.  I walk over to the bookstore and still no UNFIT TO COMMAND!!!!!

The lady at the reference desk says that a large number of people have inquired about the book.  Before I can say anything she says that she thinks the east coast liberals are holding it up and that she has never seen a book held up this way before.  She goes on to say that a lot of people were quite pissed that it had not come in. She put my name on the waiting list and said they would call when it arrived.

TWO QUESTIONS.

Is the book available where you are?

Second is demand outstripping supply? (I hope so.)  OR has that asshat kerry put a monkey wrench in supply?

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]
We went all over town last weekend looking for it.  Got it at Borders.  Barnes & Noble hadn't even shipped it at that time
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope there isn't a bookstore in town.
M
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#3]
The only place I’ve checked is my local Barnes and Noble, who don’t have it.

Amazon.com lists it as shipping in 5 to 7 weeks!!   (I wonder if they’re just sitting on it?)
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I havent looked for it yet here.  I'll go see if I can find copties local.  If I do find ny I could buy and shiip them if anyone really wants one.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I have doubts this book is being "sold out" as much as the Publishing House must be sitting on it.  Remember-these losers are just like the media-they worship Kerry.  They are probably being told to "sit on it."  But it won't last long-they know this is potentially their biggest seller of all time next to Harry Potter.  And $$$ is always number 1 with these folks eventually.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Both my local "big booksellers" try not to let anyone know there are any Conservative opinions in the world.  The local Barnes & Ignoble and Borders Books each only got in about a dozen copies, thankfully I put one on hold and got it.  It will knock your socks off!  These guys have Kerry boresighted - and the spin won't  work once you've read the huge preponderance of testimony against this guy.  The Swiftvets got their original start due to Kerry calling ALL US military personnel in Vietnam War Criminals, in Congress during testimony in 1971.  He was lying for the Communists then, he lies for himself now.

Here is a govt. documented example the national Media hasn't seen fit to mention.  Kerry went to Paris in 1970 and confered with Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Communist officials to work out strategy in his Anti-War efforts as official spokesman for Vietnam Veterans Against the War.  Today he calls it a "Fact Finding" mission, but in 1970 he was still a US Naval Reserve Officer (Inactive, but still a US Military officer.) working with the enemy during a shooting war while our troops were being killed daily by the same people he was consorting with - the FBI has files.  I call that "giving aid and comfort and adhereing to our enemies", otherwise known as TREASON!

I tried to get another "loaner copy" yesterday.  Both stores out, don't know when they will get it, etc.  The clerk - nerdy, long haired liberal college boy - seemed happy about that.  And I have had Barnes & Ignoble actually HIDE a conservative book in the wrong section (one about Clinton) on purpose, once.

So I called the publisher, Regnery Press.  They advised that the average Conservative political book only sells about 50,000 copies.  They are now on their 5th printing (in under two weeks) and up to 200,000 books and they can't keep up with orders.  KERRY IS IN TROUBLE!  Watch for the spin from his friendly liberal news outlets, with personal attacks instead of trying to refute the facts.  The attack on Mr. Thurlow today was bogus, with the liberal rag the Washington Post somehow getting Swiftvet Thurlow's personal military record with a FOIA request then misrepresenting what it said.  (Funny, couldn't someone FOIA SENATOR Kerry's Military records?  Apparently Not.

The accusation is that Thurlow must be lying because his Bronze Star Citation (for the same day and incident) mentions enemy gunfire.  Thurlow counters that the person getting the medal doesn't write his own  citation, a military board normally gathers info from after action reports from other persons and testimony.  (Ironically, somehow Kerry got his medal TWO DAYS later, based on his own lying report, without review as a "morale builder" for the entire unit!)  

A colonel I know well says NOBODY legitimately gets an award for valor in two days - it usually requires extensive review and up to a year.  Thurlow believes his own citation was slanted by the use of Kerry's fradulent After Action Report as a source, coached by Kerry to make Kerry look like a hero "under fire" - instead of actually being the only boat commander that turned tail AND RAN when the mine went off and damaged one of the other boats.   Only when it seemed safe did Kerry return in time to pick up Rasmussen from the water.  Thurlow's award was apparently based on helping to rescue dazed crewmen from the mine damaged boat and recover the boat itself as it carreened down the channel out of control, not due to any enemy fire.

Get the book - put it on order, ASAP.  Then tell the world what a Charlatan and Fake this guy is.  Don't let your friends and family vote for this guy and vote our rights away because YOU didn't have the guts to speak the truth to them.  This is for all the marbles, as the next President will appoint four Supreme Court Justices, and rest assured the 2nd Amendment will come before them.  Not clear enough?  Imagine a Supreme Court Justice Hillary Clinton, Diane Feinstein or Chuck Schumer ruling on your right to have a gun!

So let's spread the Truth.  "The only thing that is necessary for Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to do Nothing".  Are you doing nothing?

Warmly, Col. Colt
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a copy at Boarders today. It took some deep scouring and I finally found the very last copy in the store. The clerk saw it and said "we still have some of these??"

I couldn't tell if he meant it like "Damn, we don't want to sell these" or "I thought we ran out , it's so popular!"
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Good report there Col. Colt. I'll do all I can to spread the word. Let's just hope our effort makes a difference. But all we can do is try. At least we'll have done our part.

I would hate to see ANY supreme court justice appointed by the shitstain Kerry. But will there really be 4 appointed in the next four years? That number seems kinda high. I don't see 4 retiring/dying in that timeframe. Still, even 1 justice from Kerry would be scary. If he gets elected I hope the right does what the left has done with all the judges Bush has tried to nominate.....sit on the nominations! But God, I hope it doesn't come down to having to depend on that.

These are critical times folks. We have to do everything within our power to make sure Kerry is not elected. I suppose I'll have to send the GWB campaign yet another check today. I've donated at least 5 times this year already, but the cost of freedom is much greater than any monetary sacrifice I can make. Therefore I'll send more. I urge all other conservatives who have any $$$ to spare to do likewise. We know scumbags like MoveOn.org (I wish they would move the fuck on!) and the Hollyweird/celebrity types are doing all they can to get Kerry elected.

And the left has the nerve to say the right caters to the rich? What the hell class do they think the Dixie Chicks, Bruce Springsteen, Rosie O' Donnell, Linda Ronstadt. Michael Moore, that Garafalo chick and all those types of  vermin belong to? I'd say they qualify as rich! Yet they are pouring tons of $$$ into the "anybody but Bush" bash fest. Just another example of the left's lies and hypocrisy.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:34:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered mine through Amazon some time ago.  It came the 18th.  It is well worth the read.  Not War and Peace, but understandable and well laid out.  I think Kerry may have stepped in it yesterday when he challenged the ad on the national news.  He accused GWB of letting the Swiftvets do his dirty work.  He challenged GWB to a debate on their service during Vietnam.  He said "Bring it on!"  I'm thinking before this is over he may wish he'd left this matter alone.  The Swiftvets are supposed to release a new ad today.  By making a big deal out of it, which it is in my opinion, Kerry may have uncovered his picture of Dorian Gray.  

There is one particularly upsetting story in the book.  Briefly, a number of Swift boats were going down the river with Kerry's boat in the lead. They came to a row of fishing stakes with a gap in the middle.  Kerry's boat went through first.  The next boat went through and set off a mine.  That crew found itself in an ambush.  SOP dictated that all boats should rally to the boat in trouble.  According to the account of the second boat skipper, Kerry's boat took off and abandoned them.

This book is worth the wait.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:16:43 AM EDT
[#11]
He was just going back to base to get more film for his camera.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:28:13 AM EDT
[#12]
CBS Morning News show today discussed this book some more as well as the ads. They showed a poll they had conducted and since this information has been brought to light, they show Kerry's support among veterans slipping from 55% to 37%.

Translated, that means he had 37% (maybe) and now has about 15%! No way in hell, I repeat, no way in hell he ever had 55% of the veteran's support!

Also, their latest poll shows a dead heat in the presidential race

Kerry: 46%
Bush: 45%
Nader: 1%

It seems based upon those figures that Nader has lost 4% of his support and that would indicate Kerry has picked up 4%, yet he's still locked in a dead heat within the margin of error with Bush.

With Bush also nearly within the margin of error with Kerry in California (49% Kerry, 46% Bush in a poll posted here last night), that seems to spell trouble for Kerry! It also sounds like Kerry is having a much tougher than expected challenge in New Jersey! Folks, if Kerry is struggling in California and New Jersey, he is fucked.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:37:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Last Friday I finally felt like making the drive down to the Barnes and Noble in the First Colony mall, about fifteen miles from my house.  Ever since I had the concussion, two weeks ago, traveling too far in my truck kind of makes me car sick.  So I go in and they don’t have UNFIT TO COMMAND.  F’ing pissed me off, so I head back home kind of sea sick.

Called some friends in Katy, Texas and they were coming to visit and I asked them to bring me a copy from Katy mills mall, from the bookstore down the mall from where the Bass Pro is.  Well Books a Million doesn’t have it either, said it would be out Tuesday the 17th.   So today I am feeling more froggy and brother needs some .308 ammo, so we head out for the Bass Pro.  I walk over to the bookstore and still no UNFIT TO COMMAND!!!!!

The lady at the reference desk says that a large number of people have inquired about the book.  Before I can say anything she says that she thinks the east coast liberals are holding it up and that she has never seen a book held up this way before.  She goes on to say that a lot of people were quite pissed that it had not come in. She put my name on the waiting list and said they would call when it arrived.

TWO QUESTIONS.

Is the book available where you are?

Second is demand outstripping supply? (I hope so.)  OR has that asshat kerry put a monkey wrench in supply?

I tried Barnes and Noble and they were out.  They were also a little defensive upon my inquiry as to why there was not enough copies. I finally found it in stock at B. Dalton but I had to pay full retail.

eBay has quite a few for auction.

ebay listings of Unfit for Command
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:46:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have doubts this book is being "sold out" as much as the Publishing House must be sitting on it.  Remember-these losers are just like the media-they worship Kerry.  They are probably being told to "sit on it."  But it won't last long-they know this is potentially their biggest seller of all time next to Harry Potter.  And $$$ is always number 1 with these folks eventually.

I heard a female caller on Hannity say that the Borders clerk told here that they (Borders) were going to recall all sold copies and stop selling it because " not too much in the book is true". The caller sounded very sincere and concerned.

If I had been told this second hand and not heard the caller live with Sean, I would have called BS.  It boggles my mind that the left is so determined to suppress dialog on these issues. I guess hate, for some,  is a much stronger motivator than the pursuit of truth.

Let the book burning begin......but it's the Liberals doing the burning
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:48:58 AM EDT
[#15]
From the sound of everyone's experiences, I think we need a sequel to this book. That book should be called, Unfit For Business and outline all of your experiences with Barnes and Noble and their quest to keep the truth hidden. Frigging bastards! If that was the latest rambings from Hillary Clinton or a work by Micahel Moore, they'd be having pizza parties at all outlets across the nation the day those come out. And there would be stacks upon stacks of the books available. That's ok, it shows us who's against us. Then we can hit them where it counts in the future, their pockets.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:54:01 AM EDT
[#16]
All the books sotes here in the Louisville area, including Southern Indiana, either do not carry the book or soved it to the back of the store, while the Clinton and Kerry books are in the front, right next to the door as you come in...

Strange...both states, Indiana and Kentucky, always go Republican....

I would vote that the books stores, which are a bastion of liberals, are trickling out the book or sitting on it......
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:41:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I am really not familiar with the Books a Million chain that I went into yesterday.  If that girl at the reference desk was a liberal bullshitting me, she was good.  I would hope that most folks would realize a sale is a sale and that as a book store the more you sale the better the bottom line looks. Unfortunately corporations push their own agendas.  

Every friggin store you go into even wally world has ol Bildo at the front with that I just pumped the neighbors cat look on his face.  The two book stores that I have been to so far are smack dab in the strongest rupublican parts of a  very strong republican county.

The democratic party has set up an office in my town. Rosenberg,Texas.  It is pathetic.  They have managed to get quite a few signs in yards across the county.  On my way to Katy last night I saw a Kerry sign in the road easment on a fairly light traveled road.  Signs in road easments are fair game as far as I am concerned.  My travels unfortunately brought me home a little west of there.  I will have to recon it after dark tonight, save the state the trouble of pickin it up.  I wouldn't pull one out of a persons yard but easments thats another story.HE HE.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:48:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I am really not familiar with the Books a Million chain that I went into yesterday.  If that girl at the reference desk was a liberal bullshitting me, she was good.  I would hope that most folks would realize a sale is a sale and that as a book store the more you sale the better the bottom line looks. Unfortunately corporations push their own agendas.  

Every friggin store you go into even wally world has ol Bildo at the front with that I just pumped the neighbors cat look on his face.  The two book stores that I have been to so far are smack dab in the strongest rupublican parts of a  very strong republican county.

The democratic party has set up an office in my town. Rosenberg,Texas.  It is pathetic.  They have managed to get quite a few signs in yards across the county.  On my way to Katy last night I saw a Kerry sign in the road easment on a fairly light traveled road.  Signs in road easments are fair game as far as I am concerned.  My travels unfortunately brought me home a little west of there.  I will have to recon it after dark tonight, save the state the trouble of pickin it up.  I wouldn't pull one out of a persons yard but easments thats another story.HE HE.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about the signs. Kerry campaigning in Texas is akin to you or I fishing in our toilet as far as productivity go.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:00:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I was going to buy it at Amazon but decided to get it at a local book store, just to piss off the homosexuals who work there.  I have not founfd it yet but I'll keep looking.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:47:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I wouldn't be overly concerned about the signs. Kerry campaigning in Texas is akin to you or I fishing in our toilet as far as productivity go.

Your right, might as well let them blow their liberal horns.  They're about as loud as a fart in a whirlwind down here on the Texas gulf coast.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:56:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Too bad someone didn't make a "documentary" from this book and release it to all the movie theaters.  It would be awesome to have this book turned into a movie and come out the last week in October.  If the liberals can produce Fahrenheit 911 we should be able to produce Unfit For Command.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Amazon.com lists it as shipping in 5 to 7 weeks!!   (I wonder if they’re just sitting on it?)

It says the book is number 1 on their sales ranks for books, so I don't think so...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I went shopping for "Unfit" today and neither Borders nor Barnes & Noble had it.  The clerk at Borders said they only got 12 copies and those went fast.  She said the book is now in re-print status and they are taking orders to reserve copies.  

I think the story about Borders recalling it or refusing to sell it is B.S.     If several weeks go by and Borders is still "out" I'll know I was wrong.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#24]
My local B&N in the Houston Memorial/Town& Country area did not have any. Not only that, they were hiding the "Michael Moore is a Big Fat White Man" on the shelves instead of on the central stand of anti-Bush books. I ordered Unfit last week from Amazon and it's here today!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#25]
My mission for Monday is go to the local bookstores looking for U to C and MM is a BFWM, if they don't have it they will be asked why.  If they do and it is in any way hidden they will be asked to display it as prominently as the "other" books.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

So I called the publisher, Regnery Press.  They advised that the average Conservative political book only sells about 50,000 copies.  They are now on their 5th printing (in under two weeks) and up to 200,000 books and they can't keep up with orders.  KERRY IS IN TROUBLE!  Watch for the spin from his friendly liberal news outlets, with personal attacks instead of trying to refute the facts.  

Great post, Col.

From Drudge Report today:

FLASH: PUBLISHER CLAIMS 550,000 COPIES OF ANTI-KERRY VETS 'UNFIT FOR COMMAND' BOOK NOW IN PRINT...

Guess they can't print 'em fast enough.  I'm headed out to look for a copy now.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I put one on hold at Borders today! Also got the I asked for the book...Michael Moore, the big fat liar!!!!! I knew it was the wrong tittle, but he is....Got a look and then they got me the book!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got off the phone with my local B&N. They have a few copies left. I am on my way to that side of town and will pick up 3 copies. If you would like to buy 1 from me, email me at [email protected] and I can send it out right away.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Just got off the phone with my local B&N. They have a few copies left. I am on my way to that side of town and will pick up 3 copies. If you would like to buy 1 from me, email me at [email protected] and I can send it out right away.

I am going to head out to B&N tomorrow after I get off from work, see if they have any in yet.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#31]
i went to 5 bookestores today, every single one was sold out.
A few clerks were turned off to the idea i was looking for it.
One lady looked like she just drank sour milk when i asked her.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

email enroute
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#33]
sold out with waiting lists here and just outside of charlotte!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:32:23 PM EDT
[#34]
We poked around Borders in Reno and observed the prominent place of the usual liberal crap, and then headed back to the service counter. They had a printed flyer posted on the counter that due to its popularity it was out of stock but hoped to have it soon. The person who put us on their waiting list had about three pages of names wanting it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:12:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Waldenbooks in San Jose, CA had one copy left when I stopped by...
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:30:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Ended up having to work all day yesterday, brother was headed down to  Seabrook area so I asked him to stop at any bookstores on the way.  He stopped in at one shop went to the reference desk and asked the crab where it was.  Her snooty reply was 'we havent gotten any of "those books" in yet can I put you on the list'.  He said no that he would check elsewhere.  Going to Houston myself today to see what I can find.

Ok, Borders say the book will be in on Wednesday!!!! Now were talkin!!

They said they had quite a few copies but people are buying as quick as they can get them.  To quote my African brothers:  "I know dats right"
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:19:04 AM EDT
[#37]
The quest has ended I now have my own copy.  Got up early to read a little before I got to work.  I only got 4 chapters into it, but I am struck mainly so far by the fact that kerry is not a man.  At least not by the definitions that I was raised to be a man.

I was never going to vote for kerry anyway being he is a gun grabber and against the defense of our nation.  This book is like the little package of icing for the cinnamon rolls if you know what I mean.

Any of you Houston area members still looking for a copy of this book can get it at Books a Million in the katy mills mall,  the borders south west of first colony mall is supposed to have unfit in stock today.  When I picked my copy up they didn't have it on display with all the other bestsellers like billdo books.  But they had stacks  of them at each register so you can come in pick up your copy without even seeing clintons face if you avert your eyes from the new hardbound section.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top