Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 8:22:50 AM EDT
Well, I went to the Borders to buy this book.  I haven't yet decided if the implcations of the authors are valid, but there is enough smoke to warrant finding out.

The book is SOLD OUT.  I asked the guy there and he said it is back ordered.  He said, the publisher printed like 30,000 copies and that is all gone.  They are back orderered 240,000 now and will probably print more than that.  Amazing.

He also went on to add (and I never gave away my political persuasion) that the demand was pent up from the large quantity of Bush bashing books and the paucity of those from the right.  Hmm.  I'm thinking time to write a damn book.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Last time I checked, Amazon.com said the book would ship in 2 to 3 days.

Edited to add:  Oops!  Just checked again, now it takes 5 to 7 weeks to ship!!  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup.  Can't get it.  I like it. I already have strong opinions and will buy a copy when I can.  But I am glad to see it is catching on and MAYBE the larger media at large will start recognizing that this o ne can not be swept under the rug by pretending it is politics as usual.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]
<<tinfoil on tight>>

The Kerry campaign is buying them all up!  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Ooh, 5 to 7 weeks!  If it takes just 3 more weeks, you won't get it until the election!  It's a conspiracy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top