Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 6:11:20 AM EDT
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13267-2004Aug18.html

The Washington Post has published a story that counters one of the Swift Vets claims that Kerry lied to get a Bronze Star.  Strangely enough, they were able to get a copy of the vet's military record.  Still, Kerry hasn't released his.  I wonder why the Post wasn't as aggressive in obtaining Kerry's records.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:27:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13267-2004Aug18.html

The Washington Post has published a story that counters one of the Swift Vets claims that Kerry lied to get a Bronze Star.  Strangely enough, they were able to get a copy of the vet's military record.  Still, Kerry hasn't released his.  I wonder why the Post wasn't as aggressive in obtaining Kerry's records.

Why do you think?  I'd love to see Kerry's divorce records, but he seems to be the one politician in the country whose divorce records remain sealed.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:29:38 AM EDT
[#2]
All's I can say is there must be some bad mojo in a complete and total accounting of sKerry's military records.
Got something to hide Johnboy? Damn skippy he does.......maybe it contains information that would have all but the most brain dead, die hard libbies calling for his head on a pike....
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:11:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Note that the Bronze Star Commendation for Thurlow (spelling?) was NOT written by him, but by the board that awarded the medal, based on written reports of the action.  If they were using Kerry's puffed up "I am a Hero" version of the event, they would conclude that everyone was underfire during the entire incident.  (This is the same guy who got his first Purple Heart by his own hand - his M-79 round was aimed too close to the boat - and his own shrapnel was the basis for his first Purple Heart request.  His CO turned it down based on the report of his crewmates and the unit Doctor - he gamed it in later, with a new CO that didn't know what happened, most likely.)

Thurlow (sp) and another important witness contend that Kerry did not pick the SF troop out of the water "under fire", thus no cause for the medal, just a routine pickup of a comrade who was pitched  over the side when the boat hit a mine.  In their account, I believe Kerry turned his boat tail and ran when the mine exploded, then returned and lifted the guy out of the water.  Two very different views of the same incident.  Since there were over a dozen witnesses, it should be possible to nail this down completely.  Want to bet that the Dems don't want to dig that deep?

Much more damning is his "All Vietnam Vets are War Criminals" testimony in Congress and his visit with the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Representitives in Paris in 1971 while he represented Vietnam Veterans Against the War.  At the time he was still a US Navy Officer in the Reserves, though on Inactive Status he was still working with an enemy government while our guys were still dying in battle against them.

Get the Book, draw your own conclusions and wake the town and tell the people!  If we change the minds of five fence sitters per precenct, it may make the difference  between winning and losing our gun rights.  The next president will put in FOUR Supreme Court Justices - who will very likely rule on your 2nd Amendment rights.  Kerry could place Schumer, Hillary or Bill Clinton, Feinsten, etc, on the Supreme Court FOR LIFE!

Please, Get the Book - "Unfit for Cammand" - O'Neill, and read it - we only need to change a few minds, each.  

Warmly, Col. Colt

"The only thing that is necessary for Evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing."  Are you doing nothing about your country's future?  This is for all the marbles, people.

PS - Why can't FoxNews or Rush do a Freedom of Information Act on Kerry's Military Records, then??  Strange that the Washington Post can FOIA personal records, isn't it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I am curious

Has Bush released all his military records?  If  so, why doesn't Kerry?  Seems he wants to run as a war veteran.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am curious

Has Bush released all his military records?  If  so, why doesn't Kerry?  Seems he wants to run as a war veteran.

Yep, Bush released everything.

Thurow has a statement up on the Swift Vets site.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#6]
This election is big. If Kerry gets the job we can kiss our gun rights goodbye.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This election is big. If Kerry gets the job we can kiss our gun rights goodbye.

Edited to include the big picture
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top