Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 6:02:01 AM EDT
www.nydailynews.com/

Bush gals to see gay vows

When Washington-area beautician Erwin Gomez and his longtime partner James Packard celebrate their marital vows with 400 of their closest friends next month, two of Gomez's best customers will probably be in attendance: President Bush's twin daughters, Jenna and Barbara.
Yesterday, the 39-year-old Gomez - a makeup expert for the Elizabeth Arden shop in the D.C. suburb of Chevy Chase, Md. - told Lowdown that the First Twins have become devotees of his popular eyebrow waxes over the past few weeks.

And, Gomez added, Bush's daughters have expressed an enthusiastic desire to go to Gomez and Packard's Sept. 11 wedding celebration at their home in Laytonsville, Md.

"I gave them the party invitation, and they said, 'That sounds great, we'd love to come - it sounds like a lot of fun,'" Gomez said.

"The way they reacted, they were very open-minded."

Never mind that their father supports a constitutional ban of gay marriages.

Heterosexual marriage, Bush said in February, is "the most enduring human institution" and "cannot be severed from its cultural, religious and natural roots without weakening the good influence of society."

While Gomez holds the hard-carousing girls in high regard ("so casual and so real"), his disgust for their father's politics is obvious.

"I think it's wrong - he has no right to touch that," he said. "He's trying to change the freedom of America. ... History is repeating itself, just like blacks and Jews were discriminated against."

Gomez and Packard were "wed" last spring in San Francisco after Mayor Gavin Newsome issued them and scores of others a marriage license.

But the legality of such unions has been in question since the California Supreme Court last week declared that Newsome exceeded his authority in sanctioning gay marriages.

As for the Bush sisters, "I've done their eyebrows three times - they usually just call my cell and pop in," said Gomez, who also plucks and waxes the eyebrows of Saudi Princess Haifa.

Yesterday, the First Twins' spokeswoman, Susan Whitson, had only this to say: "At this point I cannot confirm that the twins are attending. I only comment on official campaign activities."

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:09:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
And?  You need to wake up Charley, homosexuals are part of the American landscape.  

And I'd say thats a GOOD place for them.  

I'M KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:24:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:45:42 AM EDT
[#4]
The point of the thread was do they think about that little thing called an election before they act?
Like it or not, the media will use any opportunity to take a dig at Bush.
No need for the daughters to make it any easier for them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:51:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Bush's daughters have expressed an enthusiastic desire to go to Gomez and Packard's Sept. 11 wedding celebration at their home in Laytonsville, Md.

They should be at a memorial service alongside their father and mother.
Not at a marrage ceremony, gay or otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:17:26 AM EDT
[#7]
My take is: the girls HATE being the daughters of a President. They liked it better back when Dad was back in TX, and their lives weren't in the Secret Service-led, news media-following-their-every- move cocoon they are now. If losing the election is a part of that, and it's partly because they go to a gay wedding, which will piss off the ultra-conservatives who back Bush, well, I don't think the twins will cry too much about it.....
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:43:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
And?  You need to wake up Charley, homosexuals are part of the American landscape.  Agreed....We don't have to like it, but who are we to say? What they do in the bedroom is there own business. If they parade it in the streets, it's as much wrong as if a heterosexual man were walking down the street in assless chaps! LOL. I disagree with the conecpt of homosexuallity and so does God AND Darwin for that matter. However, that's where God's greatest gift comes in; Freewill. We have choices to make that are between us and God. Live and let live. They do have long-term relationships.  Hell, I know one lesbian couple that has been together 30 years... my father is on wife #4.Not relevent. No offense to you or your father, but that sounds more like a personal failure than a failure of the instituation of marraige. Furthermore, just recently, the first gay divorce occured in Canada I believe....so these are issues of character, circumstance, etc. Again, no offense intended.

While I don't agree with gay marriage being codified under the law, don't agree with gay couples adopting and don't feel private corporations should be made to provide benefits to partners... I have ZERO problem with a gay couple that wants to have some type of ceremony to celebrate their relationship.  You don't have to love the sin to love the sinner, right? You're right on all counts. Matter of fact, the POTUS has been agreeable to CIVIL UNIONS, correct? However, Gay Advocats want more....because it's not about the rights in question. It's about perpetuating a myth of intolerance so they can score money and power. Very much like Arafat and the peace process....

so the Bush twins might attend.  To which I say great.  If they are friends than they accept the person for who they are, not what they are.  Damn straight!What would you do if your best friend one day came out of the closet and said hey bud, I don;t know how to tell you, but I'm gay.  No, I'm not interested in you lol, I have a friend that I've been involved with for five years.  I'm tired of hiding who I am, I'd like you to meet him.  Would you walk away from your friend?
Very true....

Good points on all counts, man. Well done.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The point of the thread was do they think about that little thing called an election before they act?
Like it or not, the media will use any opportunity to take a dig at Bush.
No need for the daughters to make it any easier for them.

Seriously....the Media NEEDS a reason to dig at the POTUS???? Do you really think a groundswell of people are now switching to Kerry because of "The Great Bush twins Gay wedding attendance scandle???????  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:07:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't read, where are the pics?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#12]

"I think it's wrong - he has no right to touch that," he said. "He's trying to change the freedom of America. ... History is repeating itself, just like blacks and Jews were discriminated against."

lol...

poor poor ass pirates, it's gotta be tough being gay...forever taking it in the can

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I don't read, where are the pics?

YOU Bastard!

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

lol...

poor poor ass pirates, it's gotta be tough being gay...forever taking it in the can

like a good buddy of mine said once when a really striking woman walked by...."I feel sorry for homosexuals...they just couldn't appreciate that!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#15]
I would have figured there would have been some pics up by now. What a disappointing thread.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#16]

How about you all live your lives and leave the girls alone.

No, sorry, they are hotties, and in the public spotlight.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#17]
good for them.  they sound like intelligent, well-adjusted young ladies.

plus barbara is mighty fine as evinced in the following photograph

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:31:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Look, people can be as gay as they want.
I don't wish to hear about it or see it.
I don't agree with it and I don't accept it in my personal life.
I work with a guy who I am certain is gay, but he never brings it up.
I like him personality-wise.  
I like him as an employee.
I don't agree with his lifestyle choice.
I don't treat him poorly because of it.
If he brought it up, I would tell him what I thought of it.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#20]
No, but anytime someone says, I don't approve of homosecuality, there are always those that will defend it like crazy.

My original point on the story still stands.  Why draw attention to such an issue in an upcoming election environment?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

AND we don't need to expand the definition of marriage to include homosexuals.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I could care less what gay folks do.  People get so caught up in the term 'marriage'.  Give them everything that marriage entails, and call it 'civil union'.  There are so many more important things in the world right now, like, oh, say North Korea and Iran and their nuclear aspirations.  The Republican party has wasted entirely too much rhetoric  on a bunch of gay folks who are trying to get married when there are folks strapping bombs on their backs and blowing up children in the middle east.  

I say let them get 'unionized'.  Gay folks just mean less competition for the rest of us who are trying to procreate.  Lets get the party focused on more pressing issues.  And I say this as a registered republican.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#24]
I say great move. I dont think anything less of Daddy and I couldnt give a flying fuck what his spoiled kids do.

Its a big ploy to make GWB look a little kinder, not as right wing. How could the same guy who would ban homos from getting married be the same guy who raised two girls to be so homo friendly ? Get the kids out there to do stuff he would NEVER do and thus soften his image to the homos and undecided.

Tricky stuff
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#25]

I could care less what gay folks do. People get so caught up in the term 'marriage'. Give them everything that marriage entails, and call it 'civil union'. There are so many more important things in the world right now, like, oh, say North Korea and Iran and their nuclear aspirations. The Republican party has wasted entirely too much rhetoric on a bunch of gay folks who are trying to get married when there are folks strapping bombs on their backs and blowing up children in the middle east.

I say let them get 'unionized'. Gay folks just mean less competition for the rest of us who are trying to procreate. Lets get the party focused on more pressing issues. And I say this as a registered republican.

+1,000,000

ETA: wrong quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I could care less what gay folks do.  People get so caught up in the term 'marriage'.  Give them everything that marriage entails, and call it 'civil union'.  There are so many more important things in the world right now, like, oh, say North Korea and Iran and their nuclear aspirations.  The Republican party has wasted entirely too much rhetoric  on a bunch of gay folks who are trying to get married when there are folks strapping bombs on their backs and blowing up children in the middle east.  

I say let them get 'unionized'.  Gay folks just mean less competition for the rest of us who are trying to procreate.  Lets get the party focused on more pressing issues.  And I say this as a registered republican.

See that's the issue.
It is incrementalism.
The morality slips inch by inch.
How long before a President's daughter goes to a wedding between Michael Jackson and a little boy?
Sound far fetched?
So did gay marriage in 1950.
Why are people afraid to speak up for what they believe in?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:33:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Why are people afraid to speak up for what they believe in?

I am not at all afraid to speak up for what I believe in.  I believe nuclear weapons in Iran and Korea are far scarier then a bunch of gay guys getting married.  I believe Palestinian teenagers believing the only way they can make their voices heard is to blow up a bus full of Israelis is way more important then a bunch of gay guys getting married.  I believe that our burgeoning trade deficit and jobless recovery are way scarier then a bunch of gay guys getting married.  In fact, in the grand scheme of things, I place gay guys getting married only marginally above the flat tax in terms of things that must not come to pass.

The idea of gay marriage leading to pedophilia or beastiality is a specious one.  Gay marriage, or civil union, or whatever, is a contract between two consenting adults.  Pedophilia is a criminal offense.  Also, children and dogs can't enter into contracts.  I don't care what the gay folks do, as long as they pay taxes and keep the blinds closed at night.  I do care that a jihadist doesn't bring a nuclear bomb to Philadelphia or Tel Aviv.  Solve the issues of folks trying to kill us, then worry about the gays.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top