BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Im very happy to see that the resident Cops on this board are not here trying to pull for the BATFE like they would if someone posted a story of a cop shooting a dog or something....

Maybe that tells you something?

Well hold on to your hat sister because here it comes.

The reason you don't see anyone saying pro-BATFE stuff is because this a gun board that coincidentally just happens to be overflowing with anti-authority types.
There is little any LE agency or agent could do to please this group. Why should anyone try to defend anything police related to people around here? It's akin to trying to convince the Klan of how great MLK was.

Every LE agency has had major fuck ups but that does not mean every employee is a JBT.

There are little class wars between federal LE agencies but this is mostly the fault of the FBI. The Bureau has their own little academy away from FLETC where they mold the impressionable agents into thinking they are better than every other cop. Few FBI agents were seasoned police officers at the time they're hired. They don't know anything but what the Bureau tells them. Egomaniacs are bred at Quantico.

Every BATFE agent in my local field office was a cop BEFORE they joined BATFE and they each have their bachelors degrees. Perhaps we're just fortunate here but our guys like guns and gun owners. Who they're putting in jail are the shit birds who are doing things like selling stolen guns at flea markets, felons with guns, bomb builders and sear grinder types.  

I would gladly work for BATFE.
Who better to sift through a case than a pro-gun/pro-citizen cop?

The agency that many federal leo's considered the worst is the USMS.  They even get treated like shit by other feds. The people are nice but the job is lame!  It definitely doesn't match the brochure.  

DEA and the FBI are the agencies I hate. I will heckle them with the rest of you clowns if someone wants to start that thread.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#2]
They are mired in bad image throughout their history. Starting with the import spirits tax to fund the debt of the revolutionary war, to Elliot Ness when the ATF was elevated into Bureau status. Many folks did not like the aggressive behavior of his enforcement of the prohibition laws not just because of consumption, but because spirits contributed to the economy. The organized crime knew this and pumped much money into the economy.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. Lower qualifications to join.  
All Federal LE applicants take a standard test.
The FBI and Secret Service are known as 90%-ers for the required test scores.
The DEA and Border Patrol are 80%-ers.
The ATF requires only a passing grade in the 70% range.

For this reason OTHER Feds call them 70%-ers, and have a low opinion of them.  
In other words, "They just aren't smart enough to be FBI or Secret Service, and not even smart enough to be DEA or Border Patrol".

Where did you get that idea?  I'm pretty sure that each agency has it's own standardized tests and requirements.  Well, maybe Border Patrol and Customs take the same tests, since they are both under the Dept. of Homeland Security now.

The customs test used to have bit of math in it.  The BP test, includes a Spanish portion it, or the option to take another version that measures your ability to learn a foreign language.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. Lower qualifications to join.  
All Federal LE applicants take a standard test.
The FBI and Secret Service are known as 90%-ers for the required test scores.
The DEA and Border Patrol are 80%-ers.
The ATF requires only a passing grade in the 70% range.

For this reason OTHER Feds call them 70%-ers, and have a low opinion of them.  
In other words, "They just aren't smart enough to be FBI or Secret Service, and not even smart enough to be DEA or Border Patrol".

Where did you get that idea?  I'm pretty sure that each agency has it's own standardized tests and requirements.  Well, maybe Border Patrol and Customs take the same tests, since they are both under the Dept. of Homeland Security now.

The customs test used to have bit of math in it.  The BP test, includes a Spanish portion it, or the option to take another version that measures your ability to learn a foreign language.

BATFE takes the TEA exam (I think that's Treasury Enforcement Agent) along with some other federal agencies.  As stated above the BP and Customs do their own thing.  FBI does its own thing, I just took their Phase 1 testing.  Some agencies have no formal testing at all for special agents.

-Randy
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Because the freedom to own some things is downright AMERICAN, and some of those things are Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top