Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/17/2004 5:24:59 PM EDT
Hell was up with that comment?

Him and a liberal simp were going at it when the simp mentioned right-wing militias. Hannity said "militias are disgusting"

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well, have you seen some of those militia members?  I'm suprised they can find fatigues that fit!

No, they're easy to find, as they come in cop and Air Force sizes.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well, have you seen some of those militia members?  I'm suprised they can find fatigues that fit!

Seriously - that makes no sense coming from Sean Hannity.  I thought he was mister freedom advocate himself!

I've seen some of them at gun shows

But he shouldn't paint with such a broad brush.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, they're easy to find, as they come in cop and Air Force sizes.

DOH!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately, there ARE wackos out there that give others a bad rep.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Some one needs to send him a copy of the Militia Act of 1792 or 1794, which ever it is, and let him know that he is part of the unorganized militia.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Hannity is one of the head neo-cons, he even approves of getting your kids microchipped.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Hannity is full of hot air.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Him and a liberal simp were going at it when the simp mentioned right-wing militias. Hannity said "militias are disgusting"

Well, nowadays Militias are probably composed of 49% FBI undercover agents, and 49% BATFE agents, fighting over who gets to arrest the 2% of real members.

So with that in mind, I guess militias are disgusting...
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes militias are disgusting, but tyranny is insufferable, so you have to ask yourself what you have done to form the militias in the spirit of the second amendment?

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

A Well Regualted Militia

National Standards for the state militias

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hannity is full of hot air.

yes he is
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Hannity is disgusting.  I feel better now.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

yup.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#16]
if it's the "militias" the liberal media shows like dateline nbc coveer then I agree with him, as they always cover the most extreme nut jobs they can find
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The last few years the level of people they are getting is not what you would call Gun culture poster children.
They have cast the Militias in a very bad light.
Some have openly built and bragged and shown full auto weapons and dared the ATF to come after them.
This is stupid and immature behavior and it costs us all (Second Amendment supporters)
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Some have openly built and bragged and shown full auto weapons and dared the ATF to come after them.
This is stupid and immature behavior and it costs us all (Second Amendment supporters)

Ineffective behaviour to be sure but at least they defy tyranny rather than appease it.

No one's safe when freedom fails,
and good men rot in filthy jails,
and those who cried appease, appease,
are hung by those they tried to please.

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
if it's the "militias" the liberal media shows like dateline nbc coveer then I agree with him, as they always cover the most extreme nut jobs they can find

Or hire.  Never trust a member of the Ministry Of Truth lib media when it comes to stuff like this.  All the folks who attend the protest/rally/gunshow could be dressed normally & well spoken but the media always seems to find the worst inbred, toothless, overweight, camo clad, tinfoil beanie wearing kook (that nobody seems to remember being around until the cameras are rolling) to interview.

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Ineffective behaviour to be sure but at least they defy tyranny rather than appease it.

It seems to me their objective is not to "defy tyranny" so much as it is to show off.
It also seems to me that the primary reason for building a full auto weapon should be in case of an emergency such as govt. violation of Posse Comitatus.
You build the weapon and break it down and put it away for that rainy day you hope never comes, these guys pray it does come.
Some role models huh?

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:10:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You build the weapon and break it down and put it away for that rainy day you hope never comes, these guys pray it does come.
Some role models huh?

No those are the few extreme examples the media shows to form public opinion and all the more reason for the majority of patriots to make themselves known as the true champions of individual natural rights.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Hannity is too liberal for me.

Jay
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I thought he was mister freedom advocate himself!

He's Mr Parrotthepartylinenomatterwhat.

I can't stand him.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I thought he was mister freedom advocate himself!

He's Mr Parrotthepartylinenomatterwhat.

I can't stand him.

I guess I've got some research to do, eh?

Just listen to his radio show for a month or so.

He comes up with some of the most off-the-wall shit you've ever heard.

I'd rather listen to Al Franken and his drone-like voice than Hannity and his whiny, high-pitched, girly voice.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Seriously - that makes no sense coming from Sean Hannity.  I thought he was mister freedom advocate himself!

IMHO, it's like the O'Reilly comments about the AWB....In both cases they are stuck in the STEROTYPE propelled by the MEDIA and "COMMON SENSE"and need to be properly informed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#28]
If your "Militia" group has been featured on CNN, you won't be very effective in any kind of a "defensive situation".  
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
If your "Militia" group has been featured on CNN, you won't be very effective in any kind of a "defensive situation".  

With media credibility decreasing every day the old truism gains strength.

No such thing as bad press
despite the Iraqi militias getting the stuffing knocked out of them they continue to grow.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Hannity was bagging on the 'Militia Movement', not the concept of a militia force...

The first IS disgusting, as it's done more damage to the cause of responsible gun owners than Sarah Brady could ever hope to do...

The 2nd is a part of our national history, which we would do well to maintain, as the National Guard can't be everywhere...

Think about it...

The Michigan Militia & the OKC bombers made 'gun nuts' and 'whacko' a common association...

And the purpose of the militia is to preserve "the security of a free State" not to make preparations for/blab to the media about overthrowing it's government...
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:11:19 PM EDT
[#31]
The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country.

- James Madison, in the Federalist Papers No. 46 at 243-44

... large and permanent military establishments which are forbidden by the principles of free government, and against the necessity of which the militia were meant to be a constitutional bulwark.

- James Madison, Fourth Annual Message, November 4, 1812

An efficient militia is authorized and contemplated by the Constitution and required by the spirit and safety of free government.

- James Madison, Eighth Annual Message, December 3, 1816

Whereas civil rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as military forces, which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms.

- Tench Coxe in Remarks on the First Part of the Amendments to the Federal Constitution

"Whenever governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins." -Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts, spoken during floor debate over the Second Amendment, I Annals of Congress at 750, August 17, 1789.

... God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

-- Thomas Jefferson, Nov. 13, 1787

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

There is only one truth in this world and that is you must labor to live or take from those that do labor in order to live, it seems those that do not grow it, mine it or make it are determined to rationalize theft as an honest living.

Government is that great fictitious entity by which everyone tries to live at the expense of everyone else.

Frederic Bastiat

Make the government fear the militia or resign yourself to slavery.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:37:42 AM EDT
[#32]
"I am the militia."

When 51% of Americans can bring themselves to say those words, we will be free.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:47:33 AM EDT
[#33]
The face of the "modern militia" in the US is typically a bunch of fatbodies with no skills and low I.Q.s being led by an FBI guy with a strange sense of humor.

If you and six dipshits are running around the woods behind your trailer park thinking you will defend the country you are a militia dipshit.

If you call a fat ass loser Col. based on weight and the fact that he was in the 'NOM, you are a militia dip shit.

If you are the retarded fatbody I saw sitting at the bus stop wearing a beret and a BDU shirt that had a "militia sniper" patch you are a total dip shit loser.

If you never served a day in the armed forces defending the country, never made more than ten dollars an hour and never finished high school, you do not get to be an officer in anything resembling a military.  Unless you are from Afganistan.

If you are plotting the overthrow of the government from your secret headquarters in the barn, you are a dipshit terrorist.  

The concept that fat retards, meeting in the woods by the garbage dump are somehow going to defend the nation and then god forbid ask me to make them leaders of my country is beyond bizarre, yet it seems that too many people think it is a good idea.

In the western world, the only thing militia like that is/was effective in the last fifty years has been the Irish Republican Army(IRA).  They had a public speaker who was not a fat retard, they had popular support, their country was occupied by an army that was committing wanton acts of violence against people.  On top of it all, they tried to wage a limited war, against enemy targets and limit damage to their support base, they had at least a basic chain of command, system of rules and regs and code of conduct.  Does you trailer park six man team have that??  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:57:16 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The face of the "modern militia" in the US is typically a bunch of fatbodies with no skills and low I.Q.s being led by an FBI guy with a strange sense of humor.

If you and six dipshits are running around the woods behind your trailer park thinking you will defend the country you are a militia dipshit.

If you call a fat ass loser Col. based on weight and the fact that he was in the 'NOM, you are a militia dip shit.

If you are the retarded fatbody I saw sitting at the bus stop wearing a beret and a BDU shirt that had a "militia sniper" patch you are a total dip shit loser.

If you never served a day in the armed forces defending the country, never made more than ten dollars an hour and never finished high school, you do not get to be an officer in anything resembling a military.  Unless you are from Afganistan.

If you are plotting the overthrow of the government from your secret headquarters in the barn, you are a dipshit terrorist.  

The concept that fat retards, meeting in the woods by the garbage dump are somehow going to defend the nation and then god forbid ask me to make them leaders of my country is beyond bizarre, yet it seems that too many people think it is a good idea.

+1
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:57:51 AM EDT
[#35]
He is probably an elitist snob and a NSF.  Nice hair though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:00:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:13:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Hannity, Rush, O'Reilly, Prager, Ingraham, et al, are just posers who use the conservative cause as a money making schtick.  Their lack of knowlege of the Second Amendment & gun causes shows their true colors.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:39:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:09:34 AM EDT
[#39]
I see plenty of criticism in this thread of militia but just a few willing to do something to improve the state militias.

National Standards for the state Militia nco rank based on verified skill

There are plenty of members here with knowledge and skill to improve the militia, why not do something more than criticise and feel superior to fellow citizens?

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."

THEODORE ROOSEVELT
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:19:16 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I see plenty of criticism in this thread of militia but just a few willing to do something to improve the state militias.

National Standards for the state Militia nco rank based on verified skill

There are plenty of members here with knowledge and skill to improve the militia, why not do something more than criticise and feel superior to fellow citizens?

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."

THEODORE ROOSEVELT

Strat, are you a militia commander or general?

You seem to be pushing those same sites over and over.

Not a flame. Just curious.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Hannity's just another talking head, much like the rest of them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:22:29 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

In the western world, the only thing militia like that is/was effective in the last fifty years has been the Irish Republican Army(IRA).  They had a public speaker who was not a fat retard, they had popular support, their country was occupied by an army that was committing wanton acts of violence against people.  On top of it all, they tried to wage a limited war, against enemy targets and limit damage to their support base, they had at least a basic chain of command, system of rules and regs and code of conduct.  Does you trailer park six man team have that??  

Sounds to me like you just don't like fat people.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:26:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Hannity, Rush, O'Reilly, Prager, Ingraham, et al, are just posers who use the conservative cause as a money making schtick.  Their lack of knowlege of the Second Amendment & gun causes shows their true colors.

O'Reilly and maybe Prager (since I don't know who he is) are the only ones who fit your description.  Apparently you have never heard the rest vigorously defend the second amendment?  I have.

As a public service, I furnish this PSA that Rush Limbaugh plays on his show.

Clicky work safe linkey
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:02:45 AM EDT
[#46]
1) A few people on this site are members of their bona-fide state 'home guard'...

PasterTom and kingsmurf from chat are 2 I can think of...

That is not what Hannity is talking about...

2) The 'militia' spoken of in the Constitution is not the 'militia movement' militia.

We are talking about able-bodied men and their privately owned weapons, who will respond to a call for assistance from the government... Examples would be 'your county is hit by a natural disaster, the National Guard is over in Iraq, and the Sherrif finds himself short-handed in doing rescue/evac/looter-control, so he calls for volunteers to patrol against looting, help evacuate, or help with rescue/cleanup, etc...' This is what the 'milita' was used for back in the pre-NG days, too (backing up local/state/federal authorities when they didn't have the manpower to maintain/restore order), and THAT is not disgusting, it's good citizenship...

The anti-govt black-helo crowd and their barn-yard commandos (many of whom WOULD NOT respond if their local authorities asked for volunteers, because they 'don't believe in govt' or whatever...) who talk about overthrowing the govt, or dare the FBI/ATF to 'come & get me' while flaunting illegal weapons are not the same thing that the Founders wrote about, and frankly I agree with Sean that they are disgusting - all they do is give the rest of the law-abiding, gun owning citizenry (many of whom WOULD be down at the sherrif's office volunteering to pick up the pieces while the barnyard militamen pontificate).
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Yes but there  are few wacko's  --- but many LEO and media anxious to jump on any mistakes made by the few  -- why  -  they fear men willing to insure their freedoms.

The fear men willing to think outside the sheeple  frame of mind.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hannity is the militia.

yes he is

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Hannity is a wet-behind-the-ears little puke.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
"I am the militia."

When 51% of Americans can bring themselves to say those words, we will be free.

As am I...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top