Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/17/2004 3:20:22 PM EDT
Can women deal with it?

(poll coming}
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#1]

whatdja get spanked for saying to the ole lady now?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:28:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

whatdja get spanked for saying to the ole lady now?

one of the exes just called up... I looked at the phone and asked myself: "Self? WTF?" and it went downhill from there, lol
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Since I didn't lie or cheat on my wife today it is really easy to be honest with her.

I find it is only hard to be honest with her when I have something to hide.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#6]
hmmm... maybe I should wander over to the womenfolks forum and see what they think.... [suicidesmiley]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Can women deal with it?

(poll coming}

Mine can.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Cheating is one thing (I don't do it. I don't advocate it).
Lying is another. Does this make ass look big? Do you like my hair this way? Do you think (her friends name here) is pretty?
How are you going to answer those questions? Are you going to be completely honest?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#10]
nothing like cheating - it is far more serious... deals with family (and having to listen AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#11]
honesty is the best policy
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:45:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes. It may be painful but they will respect you for it.

Painful for who?  Sure they'll respect you accepting the pain they're about to give you.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, honesty is what I like to hear, even if it's about how some pair of pants makes my ass look huge.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Yes, honesty is what I like to hear, even if it's about how some pair of pants makes my ass look huge.

pics?

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#16]
* frantically pushing "THREAD SELF-DESTRUCT" button *
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#17]
What's that? I didn't post in this thread, and I'm definitely not a post whore.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Never tell you wife, GF, mother or any other woman the whole truth, always withold some details.
Women even BS each other more than men do.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

pics?

Sgtar15

I should have known that was coming.

No, I don't have pictures of my ass.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pics?

Sgtar15

I should have known that was coming.

Don't worry...I got a large screen monitor...

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't worry...I got a large screen monitor...

Sgtar15

LOL...Sarge, you're such a punk.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Never tell you wife, GF, mother or any other woman the whole truth, always withold some details.

I think the further you get from the equator, the more "game-oriented" women become. Or maybe it was the Greenwich meridian. Anyway, it was one of those line things, and the further you got from it, the crazier women acted. maybe sgtar15 can clarify...

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#23]
In my experience .................... NO !!!!!

Woman want the truth , as do we all . But telling your woman that her ass looks like two bulldogs in a burlap bag , or that her cooking should be declared a Biohazard is never the right choice

Your best defense is to evade , but if cornered ..... LIE !  
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#25]
and so, two votes shy of the magical century mark, the poll, and the thread died.

:candle:
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#26]
For me, yes honesty please.  For your lady, you should know better than me.  

"Honey, do these jeans make my ass look fat?"

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#27]
hmmm, what about dealing with former ladies?

this is a terribly, terribly complex question. Why, if two polls in one thread were an option, the second question would be: "Is this the most complex question ever?" and I think we can safely say the response would be at least 85% in the affirmative.

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Funny, I was just heard a poll on the radio about an hour ago about this.  According to this poll, something like 64% of women prefer to be lied to.  It was then broken down by question - I wish I could find the results.

I, however, prefer the truth.  If I am stupid enough to ask you a question, then please be dumb enough to answer it honestly .  I don't usually ask how I look - I have mirrors for that.  Besides, that is relative so if I do ask about my appearance it is for an opinion - because I want to look nice for that particular person.  

I expect honesty at all times - no matter what the subject is!  Just as I expect honesty I also expect manners.  So in other words be tactful; I hate rudeness.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#29]
They want to hear exactly what they want you to tell them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#30]
women say they want it, but they can't handle it.

I'm searching for that one to prove me wrong (indirectly).
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#31]
sigh....

Its all in the delivery (as my wonderful wife correctly and repeatedly tells me).

Me:
"They're just little ones (love handles), hardly noticable"
"I probably shouldn't be saying this, but this would be a lot easier if you were a size 2" (she was shopping for a dress)

and most recently...

"I think you are doing it wrong" (breastfeeding)

Say any of those to a man... no BFD. Say them to a woman...  .

Women hear with their emotions, men talk rationally. Learn from my mistakes!!!!!!!!! I'm certainly trying.
-LS
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#32]
My wife said "Only if it matches what they want to hear!"

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the further you get from the equator, the more "game-oriented" women become. Or maybe it was the Greenwich meridian. Anyway, it was one of those line things, and the further you got from it, the crazier women acted. maybe sgtar15 can clarify...

Are you talking about sporting girls again?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm not sure what a sporting girl is anymore... and I'm sure not gonna make any cracks about them being in season, in fact, the more I think about it, the more I try to sort it all out, the hotter the water I get in, so maybe it's just smartest to go back to being a big dumb lummox.

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

this is a terribly, terribly complex question. Why, if two polls in one thread were an option, the second question would be: "Is this the most complex question ever?" and I think we can safely say the response would be at least 85% in the affirmative.

Former ladies?  Did she have a sex change?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#36]
no no no, ex-gf's

sheesh *shaking head*

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:27:42 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
women say they want it, but they can't handle it.

I'm searching for that one to prove me wrong (indirectly).

Bring it on!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:28:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Former ladies?  Did she have a sex change?

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
no no no, ex-gf's

sheesh *shaking head*

I can only read what you write!  

So explain.  What is the question about the ex?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
so when she asks "does this make my ass look fat"?

she wants the truth?

I always respond, "No dear, but your ass sure makes that look fat."

Is that why I'm getting divorced???
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
For me, yes honesty please.  For your lady, you should know better than me.  

"Honey, do these jeans make my ass look fat?"

www.thecabbage.com/ass.jpg

Nice ass.

Seriously...I have no problems telling the truth. I just make sure the kevlar is cinched on, and that my insurance is paid up when I say it.

I'm not one to mince words or hold back. Well...depending on the situation (saying "THAT FUCKSTICK SET ME UP!" to a supreme court justice, while true, isn't really the accepted decorum of factual exchange)....

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:20:15 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
no no no, ex-gf's

sheesh *shaking head*

Everyone immediately thinks it's something terrible, ok, here goes - when we were seeing each other she would go on and on (and on and on) about her sister (and her sister's dysfunctional marriage, involving three kids and her sister's ex who ran off with the baby sitter and who REFUSES to take any of the advice her family offersher and so on). I try to be a good listener, but being a guy, am a better problem solver than problem listener, and after a few months, started dropping clues that hearing about the sister's latest disaster was somewhere between root canal and hiri-kiri on my "list of things to do today" and were those hints taken? NOOOoooooooooo, so time passes and we go our separate ways, still remaining friends, and I get this call and it's "how've you been?" etc. etc. and then WHAMMO, right back into tales of the sister and finally I had it and it was time for honesty so it's "no offense, I wish your sister a good life, but I really don't want to spend any more of my time hearing tales about someone who doesn't listen, then creates disasters for herself" and OH BOY WAS THAT THE WRONG THING TO SAY because then  I get the outrage & indignation "how can you be so (something something, I was tuning out pretty rapidly at this point)" and after looking at the receiver and heaven knows what pouring out of it non-stop for a good two minutes I thought "this is nuts" hung up the phone and went back down to the garage to get some work done. Later I sent her a short email suggesting that long heartfelt conversations about dysfunctional family members are best shared with other women, an long heartfelt conversations about how much gravel would be needed for a 200' driveway is a great conversation to have with a guy (somehow I don't think she will appreciate the humour, lol)

So there you have it: try to give someone some honest advice (which might help them in the future to keep dates from dematerializing on the spot) and I'm the bad guy.

Women.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:46:07 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
no no no, ex-gf's

sheesh *shaking head*

Everyone immediately thinks it's something terrible, ok, here goes - when we were seeing each other she would go on and on (and on and on) about her sister (and her sister's dysfunctional marriage, involving three kids and her sister's ex who ran off with the baby sitter and who REFUSES to take any of the advice her family offersher and so on). I try to be a good listener, but being a guy, am a better problem solver than problem listener, and after a few months, started dropping clues that hearing about the sister's latest disaster was somewhere between root canal and hiri-kiri on my "list of things to do today" and were those hints taken? NOOOoooooooooo, so time passes and we go our separate ways, still remaining friends, and I get this call and it's "how've you been?" etc. etc. and then WHAMMO, right back into tales of the sister and finally I had it and it was time for honesty so it's "no offense, I wish your sister a good life, but I really don't want to spend any more of my time hearing tales about someone who doesn't listen, then creates disasters for herself" and OH BOY WAS THAT THE WRONG THING TO SAY because then  I get the outrage & indignation "how can you be so (something something, I was tuning out pretty rapidly at this point)" and after looking at the receiver and heaven knows what pouring out of it non-stop for a good two minutes I thought "this is nuts" hung up the phone and went back down to the garage to get some work done. Later I sent her a short email suggesting that long heartfelt conversations about dysfunctional family members are best shared with other women, an long heartfelt conversations about how much gravel would be needed for a 200' driveway is a great conversation to have with a guy (somehow I don't think she will appreciate the humour, lol)

So there you have it: try to give someone some honest advice (which might help them in the future to keep dates from dematerializing on the spot) and I'm the bad guy.

Women.

I must say, that sounds perfectly acceptable what you said. I would have done the same!

I can't stand to sit and listen to someone dribble the same story over and over, especially when it does not involve either party directly. Rumors and gossip are THE WORST, but some ladies tend to live on that BS. This is exactly why I don't participate in any women's groups.

The majority of the ladies here don't appear to be the BSing type, so you will find some consistency and comradery in the responses.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:51:50 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
[Everyone immediately thinks it's something terrible, ok, here goes - when we were seeing each other she would go on and on (and on and on) about her sister (and her sister's dysfunctional marriage, involving three kids and her sister's ex who ran off with the baby sitter and who REFUSES to take any of the advice her family offersher and so on). I try to be a good listener, but being a guy, am a better problem solver than problem listener, and after a few months, started dropping clues that hearing about the sister's latest disaster was somewhere between root canal and hiri-kiri on my "list of things to do today" and were those hints taken? NOOOoooooooooo, so time passes and we go our separate ways, still remaining friends, and I get this call and it's "how've you been?" etc. etc. and then WHAMMO, right back into tales of the sister and finally I had it and it was time for honesty so it's "no offense, I wish your sister a good life, but I really don't want to spend any more of my time hearing tales about someone who doesn't listen, then creates disasters for herself" and OH BOY WAS THAT THE WRONG THING TO SAY because then  I get the outrage & indignation "how can you be so (something something, I was tuning out pretty rapidly at this point)" and after looking at the receiver and heaven knows what pouring out of it non-stop for a good two minutes I thought "this is nuts" hung up the phone and went back down to the garage to get some work done. Later I sent her a short email suggesting that long heartfelt conversations about dysfunctional family members are best shared with other women, an long heartfelt conversations about how much gravel would be needed for a 200' driveway is a great conversation to have with a guy (somehow I don't think she will appreciate the humour, lol)

Women.

Pardon me for being honest, but:

1) she's your ex so who gives a crap if she hates you?  Why are you sweating it?  Sure it's nice to get along w/ the ex, but she is the ex for one reason or another.  Why does it matter if she's mad at you?

2) if you don't want to listen to her sister's BS, you don't want to listen to it.  She has no right to make you feel bad.  Does she think you're Dr. Phil or something?  If you are just friends, then she should expect the "just friend's treatment" which includes comments like "dudette, I love ya like a sis, but if you talk about your waco family one more time I'm going to shove a hot poker in my ear".

3) What the heck does this have to do with whether women like or can handle the "truth"?  If you think about it, you've been LIEING to her by pretending to be interested in her wacky stories and are JUST NOW telling the truth by telling her you're not interested.  Maybe she's mad because she's just now finding out that all this time you really couldn't give a rat's behind about her sister.  I'd be mad that your sorry backside didn't have the balls to tell me you were bored sensless months ago.  But that's just me.  Perhaps if you had been tactfully honest in the first place you wouldn't be here right now.  

Edited to add: "dropping clues" is never a good way to communicate w/ a person.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:02:43 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Pardon me for being honest, but:

1) she's your ex so who gives a crap if she hates you?  Why are you sweating it?  Sure it's nice to get along w/ the ex, but she is the ex for one reason or another.  Why does it matter if she's mad at you?

I'm not losing sleep over it, just baffled. She's a nice person & I wish her well.

2) if you don't want to listen to her sister's BS, you don't want to listen to it.  She has no right to make you feel bad.  Does she think you're Dr. Phil or something?  If you are just friends, then she should expect the "just friend's treatment" which includes comments like "dudette, I love ya like a sis, but if you talk about your waco family one more time I'm going to shove a hot poker in my ear".

That's a good way of putting it, will try that some time.

3) What the heck does this have to do with whether women like or can handle the "truth"?  If you think about it, you've been LIEING to her by pretending to be interested in her wacky stories and are JUST NOW telling the truth by telling her you're not interested.  Maybe she's mad because she's just now finding out that all this time you really couldn't give a rat's behind about her sister.  I'd be mad that your sorry backside didn't have the balls to tell me you were bored sensless months ago.  But that's just me.  Perhaps if you had been tactfully honest in the first place you wouldn't be here right now.  

This is classic women logic. Try to be nice and you get hammered for being insincere, tell them the truth up front and your a classless lout. Either way it's time for Mr. Jerk to go sleep on the couch. This is why I am waiting until I get a bigger piece of property before I would even consider settling down: I figure 500 acres at a minimum, 2500 ideal, where I can build a comfortable and attractive house at one end, and a shanty at least 1 nautical mile away (beyond hollerin' distance) where I can go to regain what is left of my shattered mind whenever "women logic" rears it's head.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:05:36 AM EDT
[#47]
I really don't think it's that they can't handle it, but they sure as hell don't want it in most cases.

Cheating aside as this shouldn't happen anyway.

Those questions about "My ass look big in this?" "Do you think Mary is pretty?" etc. are an entirely different matter.
They don't want the truth, they already know it. They want to know if you care enough about them to lie. Those questions are really not about whether her ass looks big or not. All it means is that at this moment she is feeling a bit insecure and she wants reassurance from you. Don't give it to her and shit hits the fan. Not because you were honest, but because you were insensitive.

That's generally where men toss their hands up and say WTF? We generally don't read BEHIND the question and make the mistake of taking it at face value.

Now of course there are some women that can handle it and do actually want the truth. The problem is that there are sooooo many that don't, it's hard for a guy to distinguish between them.
She may come right out and tell you, but then the ones who prefer lying will tell you they want honesty too. So how do you know which one does and which one doesn't?

The day I figure that out will probably be the day I meet the Lord.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:26:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Wife:  My boobs are too tiny, don't you think?

Husband:  No honey they're great and wonderful.  They're perfectly petite.

Wife:  You're just saying that.  I want bigger boobs.

Husband:  Listen, just rub toilet paper on your breats and they'll get MUCH bigger, you'll see.

Wife:  How that work?

Husband:  Not sure, but look what it did to your ass!

Ba da bum CHING!!!!  Thank you thank you...I'm here through Tuesday.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:32:26 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

This is classic women logic. Try to be nice and you get hammered for being insincere, tell them the truth up front and your a classless lout. Either way it's time for Mr. Jerk to go sleep on the couch. This is why I am waiting until I get a bigger piece of property before I would even consider settling down: I figure 500 acres at a minimum, 2500 ideal, where I can build a comfortable and attractive house at one end, and a shanty at least 1 nautical mile away (beyond hollerin' distance) where I can go to regain what is left of my shattered mind whenever "women logic" rears it's head.

Wow, men's logic....  I flat out call you a liar and your response is "women's logic".  Try arguing my point for what it is instead of focusing on anatomy.  Tell me how suffering through story after story that you didn't want to hear just so you can get some that night is being direct.  You were too scared to tell her the truth when booty was on the line and you only have the balls to do it now that the booty is gone anyway.  If you had been able to belly up and state your mind like a man in the first place this would have been handled a long time ago and your ears would have been spared.  

I call
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:43:29 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, men's logic....  I flat out call you a liar and your response is "women's logic".  Try arguing my point for what it is instead of focusing on anatomy.  Tell me how suffering through story after story that you didn't want to hear just so you can get some that night is being direct.  You were too scared to tell her the truth when booty was on the line and you only have the balls to do it now that the booty is gone anyway.   If you had been able to belly up and state your mind like a man in the first place this would have been handled a long time ago and your ears would have been spared.  

I call

Ouch! That's gotta hurt.
She hit that one right on.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top