Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2001 9:35:01 AM EDT
Found this at [url]www.packing.org[/url].  This is a great site for those that carry or are considering it.
[url]http://www.al.com/news/mobile/?May2001/30-a444811a.html[/url]

In the story, Springsteen said she took the right steps in getting a protective order and filing harassment charges. He never mentioned her getting a gun. A fat lot of good the protective order did, he was already out on bond from that. Also a lot of good gun laws do, because this creep should not have had possession of a gun. They thing she did right was to get a gun and then use it when the time came. If she had not been in possession of a gun, she would have been dead before the police arrived. They can spout all they want about protective orders, etc, but what saved her life was having a gun of her own. Women need to pay attention to stories like this and stop being so anti-gun and listening to the Democraps about how the police will protect them. Court orders don't stop a damn thing and the police cannot be everywhere at once, not a slam at them, just simple physics
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#1]
OUTSTANDING!

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Good for her.  Well done!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#3]
As of Tuesday night, Foley police had not arrested Lewis, and no charges had been filed against her, authorities said.

Court records show that Lori Lewis had filed three harassment complaints since March and had gotten a protective court order.
View Quote

This shows what restraining orders and harrasment complainst are good for - paper trail.

-Andy

"Can you describe the suspect?" "Um, it was some guy in a hat...."
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Every 13 seconds, someone in the United States uses a firearm for defense of themselves or some other person.  Every 13 seconds - 24/7
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Let's see here.  A string about beefing up a V6 gets 28 replies, about the wife getting mad gets 20 responses, a debate about feminism vs. racism gets 41 responses, about a freaking mirror on the moon gets 16 responses, SEALS in space gets 17 responses, Casey Martin's GD golf cart gets 20 responses, the 300th string about carry weapons gets 42 responses, asking military folks if they would be a gun grabber gets 124 responses,  and 'the worst gun you ever bought' gets 83 responses, but a string about a woman who exercises her right to self defense gets 4 responses.  People here are always talking about shooting someone in the head if they come to take their guns, but here is a woman who actually did shoot someone to save her own life and no one seems to give a hoot.  I guess all the hypothetical crap takes precedence over something that actually happened.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you think they REALLY left a mirror on the Moon? That is kinda cool...

Aviator [:)>]

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#7]
btt
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Why should it attract many posts Larry G?  This is what is supposed to happen.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't mistake the lack of replies for apathy. What are those of us who read this and approve supposed to reply with--"Way To Go."? Alot of us DO read these important threads, and DO care. I for one read things like this and it refuels and solidifies my resolve. Some times through the course of the day, we see so many losses for our side it adversely affect our outlook, spirit, and mood. Reading these things re-energizes us in those respects. Just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:33:27 AM EDT
[#11]
ArmdLbrl, I guess I just expected more people to be interested and post a response than they do about a lot of paranoid crap that I see on here.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:37:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Larry G,

Don't sweat it.  It's just that the folks on this board view her actions as normal, not the out-of-the-ordinary that requires commentary.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#13]
We have had a report here in Nothern CAlif(Sacramento?) are where a woman was kidnaped and she took his gun away from him and shot him to death.  But unfortunately the anti-gun news media only reported only once, and on a single TV station.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#14]
YOU GO GIRL!

[%(]

"MOLON LABE"
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 7:36:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By LARRY G:

View Quote

Good work on posting this!

I need more! In Minneapolis the gun grabbers keep saying that "Defensive uses of guns are so rare as to be ignored"

I want to hit them with a new one every day.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Way to go! It's good to see someone refuse to be a victim and defend themselves.

[heavy]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We have had a report here in Nothern CAlif(Sacramento?) are where a woman was kidnaped and she took his gun away from him and shot him to death.  But unfortunately the anti-gun news media only reported only once, and on a single TV station.
View Quote

You know, that's a good point.  Why aren't stories like this made more visible?  Wait, I just answered my own question.  The liberal based media doesn't want word to get out that owning a firearm may save your life.  You'd think Fox news would be all over a story like this!
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By LARRY G:
I guess all the hypothetical crap takes precedence over something that actually happened.
View Quote

We debate when we hear stories that inflame us.  When we hear those that are supportive of our cause, our CAUSE ALONE is the [i]preemptive[i/] argument about a job well done.

One can only write a novel about the reason he believes in something, but he can write a library about why he disagrees with something else.  That's just the science of debate, for ya.

Jewbroni~
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top