Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I would donate to her legal fund in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeaaahhh... I think I would've taken the plea deal.

What's her reasoning for bumping the first guy with her car? Because he was walking on the road? I'd expect to catch a charge if I did that. The person slapping the hood of her car did that in response to her driving into the first guy.

Is something supposed to have happened prior to this video? Cuz I'm not sure you can bump a pedestrian with your car, then claim you were scared when a witness bangs on your hood telling you to stop.
View Quote

The first guy was pounding on her hood, and likely shouting threats at her.  The state will probably give her a freebee on that one, even if it could be argued that duty to retreat wasn't met.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Someone has to be the first. Otherwise it will escalate and it won't just be a suspended driver's license.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The plea deal she turned down involved six hours of community service and a one-year driver's license suspension.

Should have taken the deal

While I think she was right, I don’t think I would gamble with a plea deal like that.

Someone has to be the first. Otherwise it will escalate and it won't just be a suspended driver's license.

This!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Fuck that!

If I’m innocent, I’m innocent.  Not going to bow to the system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The plea deal she turned down involved six hours of community service and a one-year driver's license suspension.

Fuck that!

If I’m innocent, I’m innocent.  Not going to bow to the system.

Agreed, forget those who take the easy way , you'll always have to explain and you'll always be seen as the aggressor.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Edit: Glad to see this chickensh*t approach being eaten alive in this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit: Glad to see this chickensh*t approach being eaten alive in this thread.

Plus; There will most likely be a civil suit and if she has already plead guilty she does not have much of a defense.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#6]
"Single mother saved her daughter from an angry lynch mob who tried to kill her daughter"
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

6hrs of community service and uber for a year seems like a bargain.

I'm pretty sure I would still be smiling after a few weeks of community service.
View Quote

Fuck that
She did right.  Should get a medal.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The first guy was pounding on her hood, and likely shouting threats at her.  The state will probably give her a freebee on that one, even if it could be argued that duty to retreat wasn't met.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's her reasoning for bumping the first guy with her car? Because he was walking on the road? I'd expect to catch a charge if I did that. The person slapping the hood of her car did that in response to her driving into the first guy.

Is something supposed to have happened prior to this video? Cuz I'm not sure you can bump a pedestrian with your car, then claim you were scared when a witness bangs on your hood telling you to stop.

Is that in some other video? Because the first guy I saw was just being a prick and standing in the road, and she went "not today fucko" and slow rolled into him.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#9]
It's sad that all the wrong that led to her actions isn't even in question.

First rule of not getting hit by a car is, stay off the fucking road. Had wonderful parents teach me that at a young age. These shitbirds were all in violation of the law, or at minimum in the wrong, unless they were in the crosswalk with with the cross light. Once again, the victims are painted as criminals.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Is that in some other video? Because the first guy I saw was just being a prick and standing in the road, and she went "not today fucko" and slow rolled into him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In some of the shaky cell video from bystanders, yes, she is sort of slow rolling into him, maybe he's pounding on the hood, maybe not; I can hear people yelling and cursing at her, but can't really say who.  

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt about this being a reaction in fear, and so is the state.  Otherwise, they'd have her on multiple counts of aggravated assault, or something equivalent.

But, a reaction in fear and even self defense doesn't necessarily justify striking those at the other end of the intersection.  If this had been a violent mob, there could be an argument for conscious and justifiable force against the others.  But, it strains credulity to try to characterize this as a violent mob.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fuck that, she should get a medal.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's sad that all the wrong that led to her actions isn't even in question.

First rule of not getting hit by a car is, stay off the fucking road. Had wonderful parents teach me that at a young age. These shitbirds were all in violation of the law, or at minimum in the wrong, unless they were in the crosswalk with with the cross light. Once again, the victims are painted as criminals.
View Quote

This is an argument of indifference to human life.

She is going to trial for indifference to human life.

Let's rethink this legal strategy.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Not guilty...
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck blm

Fuck antifa

Fuck every damn lawyer, judge, leo, politician, and media scum who has in any way been party to persecuting those who did the right thing and stood up to those commie pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:54:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The entire reason the DA offered that plea is because they know it's a shit case they're going to lose unless she has a very bad lawyer.  They wanted the plea to be cake so she would take it just to have it over.

She refused their offer under duress (take this easy deal or we'll put you in prison for justifiable self defense) and is not giving an inch.  Good for her.  Now watch there be a bunch of continuations from the DA before finally dropping the case.
View Quote

Great and spot on.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:57:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Jury trial?

Good.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Any commie police, DAs, and Judges that are willing to arrest, charge, and sentence you because you were attacked by a mob, are an extension of that mob, and therefore, deserve to be responded to as such.  It's just mind blowing that someone else can create violent situation, suck you into responding to it, and then have the government try to ruin your life, because of their situation.  Any, any months or years in prison, even the legal fiasco of being the "defendant," when she ought to be the one testifying as the victim, is a fucking ridiculous travesty of justice.  Fuck BLM. Fuck New York.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Any commie police, DAs, and Judges that are willing to arrest, charge, and sentence you because you were attacked by a mob, are an extension of that mob, and therefore, deserve to be responded to as such.  It's just mind blowing that someone else can create violent situation, suck you into responding to it, and then have the government try to ruin your life, because of their situation.  Any, any months or years in prison, even the legal fiasco of being the "defendant," when she ought to be the one testifying as the victim, is a fucking ridiculous travesty of justice.  Fuck BLM. Fuck New York.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#19]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 10:12:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Good for her. Fuck BLM.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 10:27:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I gotta believe there is al least one or two people maybe more with a brain that will be on the jury so I say nope.
View Quote

In NYC? Bold strategy cotton
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 10:41:06 PM EDT
[#22]
This is absolutely not a tagscribe for details about a legal defense fund.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:04:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Problem is you'd probably get long prison sentences for that if it results in fatalities.
View Quote

Gotta find the person to arrest them, charge them, try them, and convict them.

And if it's my family that it happened to and they were indeed in fear for their life and did that, the cops would NEVER find them. And, yes, I'm talking about hiding and helping a family member to disappear that could possibly be charged for murder when all they did was do anything they had to do to get away from people attempting to commit violence on them. My family is more important to me than anything else on this planet. ANYTHING! That includes myself. And the lengths I'd go to, to protect them, is unending.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Just know that when you stand up for yourself, nobody is going to step up to help you.

Just read some of the posts here.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:10:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:37:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Subjecting yourself to a jury in a Shithole like New York?  Scary.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:46:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

https://www.thecity.nyc/2021/2/22/22296332/protesters-manhattan-black-lives-matter-sparks-new-fury

Are you sure? There is HD video of the incident in the link.

View Quote
I'm still on team snowplow, but she probably should have taken the plea deal. That's not a clear "I'm scared for my safety" situation, particularly given the NYC jury pool
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:51:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm still on team snowplow, but she probably should have taken the plea deal. That's not a clear "I'm scared for my safety" situation, particularly given the NYC jury pool
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.thecity.nyc/2021/2/22/22296332/protesters-manhattan-black-lives-matter-sparks-new-fury

I hope she is able to clearly describe how fearful she was after seeing all the other incidents that accompanied the previous riots. I'd have every video I could find all queued up.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Why take a plea deal if you’re not guilty?
View Quote

Because your trial would be held in a pro BLM liberal shit hole with probably 12 black jurors and you will likely waste tens of thousands of dollars and end up spending 7 years in prison when you could have walked away with a suspended license and a few days of community service.

Just because you, me and the law think she’s innocent doesn’t mean a biased jury will.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:54:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Assuming no prior convictions, if found guilty what would the sentence for reckless endangerment be in NYC?  A fine?  Maybe no report probation?
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:56:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

When the prosecution offers that deal, it means that they have nothing and know it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:57:24 PM EDT
[#32]
She was assaulted. The prosecutor is an accessory.

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:59:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fuck that.  She already did her "community service" by running over some "activists" (read: rioters).  She was about to get murdered by those shitbags just like the truck driver after the Rodney King fiasco.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:03:53 AM EDT
[#34]
So many things need to be done in this world... in Minecraft.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:05:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why take a plea deal if you’re not guilty?
View Quote

Because you can still be convicted regardless.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:08:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you need to watch the longer video carefully.
The one that begins before her car is even visible.

She drives down the street and there's a guy walking on the road. He walks towards her car, but turns and stops in the middle of the road with his hands in his pockets, facing the side of the road (standing sideways to her car). She slow rolls into him with her car, THEN the other guy comes up and starts banging on the hood telling her to stop.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:16:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

The people standing with their masks holding photos of people who received minor injuries and are not dead is fucking ridiculous. They're lucky that her car had the aerodynamics of a cow catcher and literally pushed them out of the way as she drove through.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Does the name Reginald Denny still ring a few bells?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:22:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

When the prosecution offers that deal, it means that they have nothing and know it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

95%+ of cases are settled
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:57:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

plea deals only favor the guilty
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:10:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

They gave her that senior easy plea deal because they know their case won't stick in court. They want her to admit guilt so they can have headlines of convicting a white supremacist.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:20:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Needed less injured...
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:40:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Your not allowed to defend yourself in NYC apparently. I will never visit that shithole.

Remember the bottega worker, he was facing murder charges and almost died in Rikers until the national media got a hold of the story.

The criminal scum in NYC are allowed to do what ever the want, the good people have to sit an take it, and the juries there will allow it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:44:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

fuck no
she is NOT GUILTY
guilty people take plea deals
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:46:55 AM EDT
[#45]
There are consequences to fighting the red guards.

And a lot of muppets on this site have forgotten what happened 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:23:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Your not allowed to defend yourself in NYC apparently. I will never visit that shithole.

Remember the bottega worker, he was facing murder charges and almost died in Rikers until the national media got a hold of the story.

The criminal scum in NYC are allowed to do what ever the want, the good people have to sit an take it, and the juries there will allow it.
View Quote

It's the defunded police people think will be like Deathwish but it's not.

I wish our side was stop being stupid enough to cheer the left on when we can't figure out what is really going on.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:49:29 AM EDT
[#47]
If she had admitted to doing wrong it could set her up in upcoming civil cases.

Being found guilty of a criminal crime puts a lot of pressure on the defendant down the road as it establishes "fact" that defendant acted unlawfully.

If her attorneys have a strong case of self defense, then I would understand them taking it to trial.

If the plea bargain prosecutors were offering seemed pathetic and a desperate attempt to get some kind of guilt associated with the act, then her attorneys might have considered that prosecutors case is weak and an acquittal would make it near impossible for victims to get money down the road, depending on state laws???

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:06:16 AM EDT
[#48]
I would like to know the mom's  voting history before offering my perspective.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:50:01 AM EDT
[#49]
She's entirely in the right. If it was a group of white people banging on the car doors of a black mom and daughter and yelling that they have black privilege, the charges wouldn't have been pushed to begin with. This is racially and politically motivated against her.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:02:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Maybe, but she didn’t do anything wrong. So admitting that she did might rankle a bit.
View Quote

So in the end, she now has a criminal record, can't drive, and probably not vote. She could have added to the deal her record be expunged after a time. Not now, she made them work. Her choice, her problem.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top