Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#1]
As stated before, post pictures of the motherfucking thief for all to see. By trespassing, he lost any and all rights to privacy and you will be doing a civil service. Post them on your local FB and call LE showing them copies of the motherfucker (police report). He stole from you and that can’t be let go. Take out a section of the local paper with pictures. I would go scorched earth on the little ANTIFA fuck (yes I labeled him as such and I don’t give a fuck). I am a vengeful son of a bitch and I got to great lengths to fucking destroy such vermin! I made a fulfilling career out of putting cocksuckers like him in jail for 22 years and I encourage good folks to never let shit like this go. Remember, they are not human anymore. Just vermin. Happy hunting!
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Get cameras that send an alert on a person

Wyze will do it with a very cheap,subscription, just add them

Some false positives, but doesn’t miss much if any people
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is a loafing shed?
View Quote

Generally a 3 sided shed for stock protection.  This one has a 4 sided shed attached to it, just what we call it here.
Nothing in it other than feed and a place for the barn cats at night.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’m guessing this isn’t the kind of ranch that I know. Where do you live OP
View Quote

I'll send you the address if you promise to get my skateboard back for me.

I can give you a used pellet gun for your troubles.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you post a pic of perp? Just curious.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He just climbs over a barbed wire fence? You need electrified fencing and more barbed wire
View Quote

Shit, that shit's easy to get through. You just need to replace a metal screw with a plastic one in your M9 bayonet.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:40:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As stated before, post pictures of the motherfucking thief for all to see. By trespassing, he lost any and all rights to privacy and you will be doing a civil service. Post them on your local FB and call LE showing them copies of the motherfucker (police report). He stole from you and that can’t be let go. Take out a section of the local paper with pictures. I would go scorched earth on the little ANTIFA fuck (yes I labeled him as such and I don’t give a fuck). I am a vengeful son of a bitch and I got to great lengths to fucking destroy such vermin! I made a fulfilling career out of putting cocksuckers like him in jail for 22 years and I encourage good folks to never let shit like this go. Remember, they are not human anymore. Just vermin. Happy hunting!
View Quote

I would shoot the mother fucker on sight if I could get away with it.  Thing is, had my GF opened that door
as she walked by, that "vermin" would have knocked her down trying to get away.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can you post a pic of perp? Just curious.
View Quote

Ok, so my surveillance is a basic Lorex with 8 cameras.  It does not have any Wifi capability and must be plugged into
a ethernet cable to access the web.  I am using WiFi for my internet and the server is in the club house where we
had the dinner.  Maybe a wireless router gets me hooked up to it but I'm not sure.  Anyhow, the only way I can backup
or copy footage is to be connected to the internet directly from the Lorex, at least to the best of my knowledge.

It's all a mute point as I am moving in 2 months.  That shed does not have much left in it and after today it won't have anything of value in it.  
Where we are moving, the likely hood of an event like this is pretty slim.  5 miles from a town or stop light.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Cops wont take prints unless someone died..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Either turn the skateboard over to LE and ask it be fingerprinted to identify the perp or take matters into your own hands when he comes back. Lots of folks I know might bust him up with a bat just enough to discourage him from ever returning. Not that I’d recommend that.

Yes we will, but unless you have already identified a suspect to compare to it's a waste of time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#10]
He'll be back when he thinks its safe. Give it a few days to a week. Maybe have the skateboard in sight :)

I live in a part of my state where until 1-2 years ago, there was next to zero crime. Then everyone started moving here from all of the shit places in CA and magically, we ended up with people noticing shit missing and things stolen out of cars. That slowly progressed to hearing about people coming home to people in their house, people trying to break in....and we had our first drive by shooting a few months ago.

I've been thinking of how I can probably catch those assholes who walk around the nicer neighborhoods at 3am and lift door handles, steal shit out of cars and garages. Not sure on the legality, but having a huge garage with multiple doors on it would make for easy bait by leaving one of them open at night as some people do on accident.

I'd tie a rope to the emergency release cable for it, and sit on the far end of the garage in total darkness with my PVS31 on and my carbine. You couldn't see me unless you were 5 feet infront of me.

They'd wander in, looking around at all this wonderful free shit to steal and then the garage door would magically drop down and make the garage pitch black. I can only imagine the level of pissing yourself that would give someone, followed by a voice from the corner of the garage telling you to get the fuck down while a red laser turns on.

I have a camera inside the garage to record it all as proof they actually did come in. Thinking of this again, I need to see what the state law is on this lol
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's all a mute point as I am moving in 2 months.  That shed does not have much left in it and after today it won't have anything of value in it.  
Where we are moving, the likely hood of an event like this is pretty slim.  5 miles from a town or stop light.
View Quote

Two months.  

Two months where you or the woman can be killed.

Never leave the woman alone unless she is aware of possible threats and can shoot to negate any threat.

I suggest taking the possible threat seriously.   Zero lapses.    Zero chance to be injured, raped or killed.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw a documentary where a kid who was home alone  set up booby traps when a couple burglars started to come around.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Two months.  

Never leave the woman alone unless she is aware of possible threats and can shoot to negate any threat.

I suggest taking the possible threat seriously.   Zero lapses.    Zero chance to be injured, raped or killed.

View Quote

I meant it was a mute point about getting my surveillance hooked to internet.  Trust me, we are on high
alert.  The GF is quite proficient with a firearm.  We have 4 dogs, two of which would tear into someone.
No not taking this lightly.  
I think I am going to set up some trip wires to an alarm.  To top it off we have 3 bears that are on the
property quite a bit so maybe I can scare them off too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Please let my agency know.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Skateboard ?

I'm betting the guy looks like Beto.  The skateboard makes the shoot/don't shoot issue a little easier to decide.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#16]
A good dog would’ve solved this problem before it got started.

There was a time a dog was a luxury, these days they’re a necessity.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, wut? Evidence showed to both an apartment and a vehicle burglary and dusted for me…
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Ever see the video where the guy puts the bike seat on a spring and when you sit on it, it stabs your asshole with an ice pick? It would be irresponsible to leave something like that laying around
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Live on a small ranch, completely fenced with barbed wire.  Quite a few different buildings and out buildings.
Have some friends over last night for some BBQ and we were all next door in the club house.  My GF comes in
about 6:20 and says I left the door open to the loafing shed and the cats got out.  Was pretty  sure I had closed it.
This morning I get up and find the door to my shed open...ah fuck.  Look inside and my stuff is spread all over but
not much missing except a Gama Pellet Gun.

I go in the house and start watching multiple camera angles.  This Fuck, walked right down our driveway next to
the clubhouse (the gate is usually closed and locked) and he casually walks to the back of the property and goes
into the loafing shed.  He had a back pack and a skate board when he went in.  He comes out a few minutes later
with neither of them.  He casuallly walks back towards the club house and checks the door on my car and is looking
inside.  
He then turns around and enters my shed that is attached to a walkway that goes to the backyard.
No sooner does he go inside and closes the door, my GF is walking by and sees the cats out and goes and shuts
the door to the loafing shed.  There is a window in the shed and no doubt this Fuck is watching and heard her calling
the cats.  She walks back to the club house and we eat dinner.  He is in there for about 20 minutes and then he walks
out with a gun bag (it was empty sitting on a shelf) and obviously the pellet gun in it.  

He starts back up the way he came in and decides better and goes back out the back of the property and climbs
over the barbed wire fence.  He left his skate board in the shed.

So after going through all my shit, I think he spooked.  Here is the fucking weird things.  I had my Vortex Razor spotting
scope in a bag with a tripod and a chrono.  He took the cordera cover and left a $1500.00 spotting scope and everything
he had packed up to take.
View Quote

OP, please leave the spotting scope out.  I will be back for it and my skateboard later.  Everything was kinda heavy, so I will get it in a few trips.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What is a loafing shed?
View Quote

an outhouse?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm definitely not saying it's too bad you didn't shoot him.  In the knee.  With a 5.56.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Shoot him next time.

"OMG! He's coming right for me."
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#23]
SSS
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
.  Look inside and my stuff is spread all over but
not much missing except a Gama Pellet Gun.
View Quote

He did you a favor there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Do you own a backhoe?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#26]
No one who will be missed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The way the half-wits are these days, he'll probably knock on your door and ask for his skateboard back.
View Quote
No, he'll sue for damages due to the emotional distress of not having his skateboard.
And win.
Colorado, Rocky Mountain high.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Is killing illegal in Colorado?
View Quote

Only if they find the body.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I think your enter key is broken.  Something keeps putting line breaks in the middle of your paragraphs.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:15:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is killing illegal in Colorado?

Some working ranches have/have access to a backhoe.

Dig it Deep.
Shoot the Creep.
Don't make a Peep.

(Shoot, Shovel, Shut up)
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I meant it was a mute point about getting my surveillance hooked to internet.  Trust me, we are on high
alert.  The GF is quite proficient with a firearm.  We have 4 dogs, two of which would tear into someone.
I think I am going to set up some trip wires to an alarm.  To top it off we have 3 bears that are on the
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two months.  

None of that stuff works.  The bears, the dogs, the always alert gf.  He proved it doesn’t work.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#37]
I have 4 arlo cameras up at the house that would have been good for this situation
they connect to wifi over their own modem , furthest one from the house is 40 yards.
they pick up on movement, night or day, and send an alert to my cell phone almost instantly
worth a look and not too expensive , easy to set up too
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I had a client who was caught and prosecuted for a commercial burglary where nothing was taken based on dna. Actually I had another client was caught on a non residential burglary from DNA.Did you call the police?
View Quote

Did not call the police, what are they going to do?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Maybe you need another pellet gun?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Shoot a bunch of holes in the skateboard. Write "you forgot something" on it and leave by the street
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Maybe you need another pellet gun?
View Quote

Yeah, one that shoots 5.56mm pellets.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:48:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Did not call the police, what are they going to do?
View Quote

@lockinload

I would at least have them file a report. Usually they will take it over the phone for an incident like this. If the guy comes back again, maybe with friends intent on checking the inside of your house, you might have to clap someone. It would be advantageous to have a police report on file documenting prior incidents. It just makes the whole deal more justifiable from a legal perspective. It would take 10 minutes and could potentially save you a lot of time on the back end.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Thieves suck!

Hopefully, you will never have to deal with the thief again.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#45]
When he returns tell him the pot plants are in the back pasture and say follow me and bring the shovel and you will bring a machete. That will scare him off.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I’m guessing this isn’t the kind of ranch that I know. Where do you live OP
View Quote

I don’t think it’s a livestock business.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
@lockinload the Lorex cameras and the network/DVR box has several options for the motion detection. They'll be handy if you can figure out the wifi or networking to get the alert notifications set up.

You can set an active grid overlay on the image the camera sees, and exclude the ground or areas where chickens, pets, or small livestock would normally be, leaving only the regions where an upright human walking through will trigger it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLMBP0nh46c

Although, I understand that the effort/reward ratio might be a bit off, if you're moving in two months.
View Quote

Thanks AJ, yeah I did that and it works ok.  I have a lot of trees around the house and the wind blows a lot and sets
off the motion.  I won't have the issue of networking in my new place.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don’t think it’s a livestock business.
View Quote

"ranch" seems to have a wide variety of definitions these days, sort of like "homestead"
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Tell me you filed a police report. Even if they do nothing your video might get them interested.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top