Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 8/17/2022 1:01:45 PM EDT
'You don't have the right to tell my 14-year-old she has to carry a rapist's baby': Joe Rogan defends abortion in clash with Babylon Bee CEO who argued that people are 'born of rape' all the time, and 'have a right to live'

Powerful Abortion Discussion On Joe Rogan's Show

Podcaster Joe Rogan brought up his own daughter in a debate over abortion rights on the most recent episode of his show.

The controversial podcaster found himself in a heated argument about abortion rights while speaking with Babylon Bee Founder and CEO Seth Dillon in Tuesday's episode of The Joe Rogan Experience.

Dillon has long been opposed to abortion, even claiming on Twitter that it is healthcare the same way 'rape is lovemaking,' and on Tuesday, he suggested that abortion should not be allowed even in the case of rape.

That seemed to anger Rogan, who responded: 'There are women who have been raped who should not have to f****** carry some rapist's baby. There's women who have been sexually assaulted before the age of 14.'

But Dillon argued: 'There are people who have been born of rape and are alive right now and are pro-life.

'They go around speaking and say how "I had a right to live." They will go around and make a case, and they were born of rape.'

Rogan, though, firmly disagreed, saying: 'You don't have the right to tell a 14-year-old girl she has to carry a rapist's baby. Do you understand what you're saying?

'You don't have the right to tell my 14-year-old daughter she has to carry her rapist's baby.'

'You understand that it's a 14-year-old child. A 14-year-old child gets raped, you say that they have to carry that baby?'

Dillon then replied he does not think 'two wrongs make a right,' saying: 'I don't think murder fixes a rape.'

Rogan is the father to 14-year-old Lola, whom he shares with his wife Jessica Ditzel, along with their younger daughter, Rosy, 12. He is also the step-father to Ditzel's older daughter, Kayja Rose, 23, from a previous relationship.

Rogan, right, has a 14-year-old and a 12-year-old daughter with his wife, Jessica Ditzel, left. He is also the step-father to Ditzel's older daughter, Kayja Rose, 23, from a previous relationship

During the exchange on Tuesday's episode of The Joe Rogan Experience, Rogan tried to get Dillon to clarify his stance on abortion.

He asked the conservative satire website founder where he stands on early abortions 'at six weeks, four weeks, three days. What if she just turned positive now, turned positive for pregnancy. What if it just happened today?'

Dillon replied: 'Once life has begun I don't think you can draw lines.

'I would lay it out like this: I would say "It is wrong to intentionally kill an innocent human life. Abortion intentionally kills an innocent human life. Therefore abortion is wrong."'

He then said he does not think questions of whether the fetus can feel pain or is conscious are relevant.

'I think if it is a human life, a distinct human life, I think it's wrong to end it's life,' Dillon explained.

That is when Rogan asked Dillon when he thinks life begins. 'Do you think that once the conception happens, there's some sort of a miraculous event? Like you could literally get to the point where the sperm cracks the egg. If you could scoop that egg out right there — would that be abortion?'

'Well I mean at some point you're going to have to say there was a magic moment that happened because you believe that we eventually become valuable humans, right?' Dillon responded.

He went on to say he thinks it is 'harmful misinformation' to call a fetus 'a clump of cells because then you're encouraging people to kill it like it's nothing when it's actually a human life. It's a developing human life.'

That is when he made his controversial argument: 'I think abortion is health care the way rape is love making, if we want to use rape as an example. I think they're opposites, and these are euphemisms that we use.

'You know, we use the word "healthcare;" we're talking about a procedure that ends an innocent human life and we're calling it "healthcare."'

At that point, Rogan conceded: 'This is why it's such a human issue, because I see what you're saying.

More
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
So you want death for the rapist baby, but no death penalty for a rapist. Interesting.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I am very pro life. But that 1/2 of one percent is the outlier. Let’s suppose we agree on that. How about the other 99%?
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't really care much about it either way but it's the height of hypocrisy to say no abortion.. except for cases of rape or incest.

Well is abortion murder or isn't it? If you think it is, then rape should be no justification for murder.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#4]
joe is a fuckhead. always has been
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't really care much about it either way but it's the height of hypocrisy to say no abortion.. except for cases of rape or incest.

Well is abortion murder or isn't it? If you think it is, then rape should be no justification for murder.
View Quote

/\
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#6]
That seemed to anger Rogan, who responded: 'There are women who have been raped who should not have to f****** carry some rapist's baby. There's women who have been sexually assaulted before the age of 14.'

Compounding rape and sexual assault with murder in a selfish stupid attempt to make your feelings of horror at how that child was conceived go away is not right and it's WORSE than the rape that caused the child to be conceived.

Selfish people say that kind of filth and believe they're supporting someone's humanity by doing so and don't even think about or don't care about the people who are around them who were conceived in that way.

He literally told people who are alive who were conceived by rape that their parents should have been allowed to have them murdered before they were born.

Rogan literally did this:

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Easy to "defend the unborn" when its not your 12 year old that was raped and impregnated. They're scum trying to make others decisions for them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Then move to a state that allows it.  Your state doesn’t have the right to tell my state what to do.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I should give that a listen.  Dillon seems to clearly articulate what most fail to.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#10]
"Clash?" Maybe.

But that's what public discourse should look like.

Where else can these conversations happen.

Good on them, both.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m pro life with a few exceptions.  I agree with JR on this one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Easy to "defend the unborn" when its not your 12 year old that was raped and impregnated. They're scum trying to make others decisions for them.
View Quote

You support a political party that calls people who want to impregnate your 12 year old “minor attracted persons” instead of pedophiles.  You don’t have any more high ground here.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's just such a tired canard.

In the end, the state has to balance various moral positions, arguments as it makes policy.

People fixate on rape as it relates to the end of Roe v. Wade as if more than a tiny fraction of a percentage of the abortions that happened during it ever applied.

And, a similarly tiny fraction of pro-abortion people would settle for legislation that allows an exception for rape, incest, etc. but is otherwise quite restrictive. It's a red herring, a distraction.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In the end, the state has to balance various moral positions, arguments as it makes policy.

People fixate on rape as it relates to the end of Roe v. Wade as if more than a tiny fraction of a percentage of the abortions that happened during it ever applied.

And, a similarly tiny fraction of pro-abortion people would settle for legislation that allows an exception for rape, incest, etc. but is otherwise quite restrictive. It's a red herring, a distraction.
View Quote

I agree its an extreme position, but its an extreme position this guy is defending. Its so ridiculous they make memes of themselves.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you're cool with murdering a baby in certain scenarios.  Death penalty for no crime or fault of their own.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I tend to believe an abortion is an option for a rape victim

Then again back when pogroms were a way of life, women were raped and had the babies, having no choice
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Rogan went on to agree that there should be time limitations on abortion and they also discussed the fact that women nowadays use abortion as a form of birth control
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's hilarious that you (a self-proclaimed Democrat) are complaining about people making decisions for others.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

do you have any real data as to the percentage of occurrence of such a thing, as opposed to abortion for convenience?
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#22]
This is an argument that is really only contrived to put the issue in a bear trap over a less than 1% corner case.  It's a nearly imperceptible number of the abortions being performed yet somehow we constantly step into the bear trap.

I'm sure I'll be crucified but I believe a window needs to be open to women how have been forced into a pregnancy.  It's not forever.  You don't get to do that 6 months in but there needs to be enough window to allow an escape.  Otherwise we'll get rejection of the 99.5% of abortion we can very likely shut down over the 0.5% edge cases and the result will be 100% continue to happen.

I also can accept a narrow window of time to terminate a pregnancy.  It doesn't mean I think its right or moral, but I can accept that if it ends ripping a formed baby to pieces.  Morning after and early on in the cell division are things I can accept to get the rest of the horror show currently taking place stopped.

Conservatives do this constantly.  Ignore the gains that can be made to push the ideologically pure position that can not be obtained.  I really don't understand why but we do it over and over and over again.  The left operates like a fucking ratchet.  We operate like a pack of spastic shit flinging monkeys.  If a gain is made it's usually by accident and we'll generally be sure to never build on it
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's only hypocrisy if you believe that the world must necessarily be ordered in a strict black and white fashion with no room for conditional scenarios.  Lots of things in life are highly conditional.  Using our own constitution as an example, there is conditionality specifically prescribed in the Bill of Rights in at least 3 out of the 10 amendments.

Both the legality and morality of the taking of life is currently considered to be conditional already in other areas.  There are exceptions already accepted in our society with respect to self defense, punishment, and war where in this day and age there are circumstances where "homicide" isn't considered "murder".

I'm not coming in here to draw that line and say that abortion is OK in the case of rape or incest, but rather just to argue the point that the "black and white" approach to morality is man made, not some natural constant.

As to that specific question, I can frankly see both sides of the argument which is what makes it such a tough issue.  All I know is that I wouldn't want to be in the position to have to take a side because that issue suddenly hit home in my family.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Mary MacGregor: Robert, there is more. I am carrying a child and I do not know who is the father."
Rob Roy MacGregor: Ach, Mary...
Mary MacGregor: I could not kill it, husband.
Rob Roy MacGregor: It's not the child that needs killing.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I should give that a listen.  Dillon seems to clearly articulate what most fail to.
View Quote

He does for a while then caves and kind of stumbles. He did bring up the counter point that if you have to use such an extreme example, he cites the stat that such abortions are well below 1%, then maybe your position isn’t as strong as you think.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So you want death for the rapist baby, but no death penalty for a rapist. Interesting.
View Quote

Nah.

Charge the rapist with murder if the woman chooses to abort. Then he can be eligible for the death penalty too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Reminder, Rogan is a leftists who occasionally has a good take
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh look

A troll account trolling

Good thing this member is still here while respected long time members are banned
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Democrats have killed so many future democrats they have to import illegals to vote for them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

do you have any real data as to the percentage of occurrence of such a thing, as opposed to abortion for convenience?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most likely it’s less than one percent of abortions happen because of being raped. The vast majority of abortions happen as a form of birth control, which is fucking disgusting.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Reminder, Rogan is a leftists who occasionally has a good take
View Quote

Exactly. He even says he's a liberal who likes guns and hunting. He also believes in hard work but he's way left on pretty much everything
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So you're cool with murdering a baby in certain scenarios.  Death penalty for no crime or fault of their own.
View Quote

Death for the sins of their father.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:45:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:45:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
joe is a fuckhead. always has been
View Quote

lol your response is just the reaction the article is fishing for.

They took a discussion over and edge case and manufactured it into drama.

Don’t be stupid and get let the media lead you around by dangling a carrot.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I listened to it yesterday. They disagreed but were civil. Its how adults should interact. The article makes it seem more contentious than it actually was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Clash?" Maybe.

Good on them, both.

I listened to it yesterday. They disagreed but were civil. Its how adults should interact. The article makes it seem more contentious than it actually was.

Yup, they agreed a lot more than disagreed
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#37]
1: anyone that goes to a hospital for rape is offered plan b.  I think this is an acceptable form of birth control for rapes.
2: the amount of rape victims would skyrocket, diluting the effect of true rapes. Police would be caught trying to find the rapist. Surely some men would go to jail because of consensual intercourse.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#38]
If I had a 14 yo daughter and she got raped, she's getting an abortion.

I do not believe abortion should be used as birth control. I'll be dammed if I am going to raise a rape child and have my daughter live through that her whole life.

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Clash?" Maybe.

Good on them, both.

Being able to discuss ideas in a civil, adult manner is essential to a civilization. It speaks volumes about where we are as a society that such an occasion is newsworthy.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
"Clash?" Maybe.

Good on them, both.
View Quote

For once we agree.  My daughter and I have different views and different lines too.  We've had some heated conversations and both of us have given some ground on it.  I have to agree with Rogan on this too.  Were my daughter violently raped and then later found to be pregnant... I 'd be pretty angry with a society that says she will birth that child no matter what.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If I had a 14 yo daughter and she got raped, she's getting an abortion.

I do not believe abortion should be used as birth control. I'll be dammed if I am going to raise a rape child and have my daughter live through that her whole life.

View Quote

And you would have it taken care of right away. Not wait six months and then say ok let's go kill that baby
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Rogan went on to agree that there should be time limitations on abortion and they also discussed the fact that women nowadays use abortion as a form of birth control
View Quote

Damnit that doesn’t further the divide!

We must hate Rogan or Dillion or someone…. we have to disagree!
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#43]
They don't look very happy in the picture .

She has resting bitch face and he looks angry because he's short.

They probably want to abort each other.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#44]
If a woman gets an abortion because of a rapist, it's the rapist who is the baby murderer, not the woman.  The rapist kicked it all off.  It's his murder.  He owns it all.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's why people like Rogan.  This used to be routine.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I am very pro life. But that 1/2 of one percent is the outlier. Let’s suppose we agree on that. How about the other 99%?
View Quote

Same, but flip side - abortions are only legal for rape victims. Wanna bet false rape accusations skyrocket? Especially in college-aged individuals?

#metoo
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#47]
I was watching thinking Joe looks trashed a minute later yep, he's drinking something and it doesn't look like water.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

2: the amount of rape victims would skyrocket, diluting the effect of true rapes. Police would be caught trying to find the rapist. Surely some men would go to jail because of consensual intercourse.
View Quote

Yeah, that's a valid consideration and unlike 'the mother's health is at stake' and getting a doc to just sign off on that this means someone has to be 'a rapist' as you point out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I agree its an extreme position, but its an extreme position this guy is defending. Its so ridiculous they make memes of themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's taking a morally consistent position. He's also not in any political position. Politics is about compromise. But we've seen so much one-sided politics for so long, people have forgotten that compromise is about finding a middle ground between two positions.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top