BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fear won't allow you to take your head off like the other two though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fear will make you saw off your foot.  

Aint no shame or guilt that'll do that.

Fear won't allow you to take your head off like the other two though.

This is the correct answer.

Foot? Pfffffft
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Fear
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Guilt and shame are other facets of fear.

Fear of what others think.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:53:39 PM EDT
[#4]
FPNI

"Fight or flight."
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:54:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Fear.  Locks up the brain.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Genuinely surprised at the results. I chose shame.

Fear and guilt are readily disposed of
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:01:21 AM EDT
[#7]
You and your buddy are walking through the woods when a grizzly bear charges you both.

While running for your life, the bear catches up with your buddy, who is screaming bloody murder as he is being mauled to death.

You probably feel guilt that it was him instead of you, and shame that you didn’t stop and help him.  However these emotions come on long after fear has pushed your ass all the way back to the truck.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:05:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Fear can make you stronger.

Guilt can kill you.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:19:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Of those choices, Fear.

But hardcore Greed, Anger and Sadness trump any of them.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 4:00:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Two are taught or self imposed

One is primal
View Quote

I like this one the best.

True fear can cause all sorts of reactions. In an instant it can heighten those senses, dump adrenaline, impair thinking, speech, and reasoning.
The fight or flight activation in our lizard brains is a strong one. Narrowly missing an on coming vehicle in traffic, talking in public, life and death situations are some examples most can relate to experiencing at some point. But being exposed to something enough times, that fear is either harnessed or the processing becomes altered (my opinion) and isnt as strong as it once was.

While true fear can come and go, Shame and Guilt on the other hand have longevity. Those two effect people differently and makes it hard to gauge.

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 4:27:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
View Quote

Timothee Chalamet replaced by Elmo in Dune
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 5:33:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Fear is built into humans. It started with the earliest man as a means of survival and continues to this day. Everyone experiences it. Guilt and shame aren't as prevalent.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 5:35:47 AM EDT
[#13]
You left out Love/LUST, I pick that one, makes males do stupid things, like get married.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 5:41:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Guilt and shame are manifestations of fear. You really only have one core emotion in your poll.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 5:44:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fear.  Locks up the brain.
View Quote

Inappropriate response to fear locks up the brain. It’s called panic.

Plenty of people function cleanly through insane levels of fear.

Fear is good. If you aren’t experiencing it regularly, you’re cheating yourself of growth.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:24:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Fear for sure.

shame and guilt are intellectual constructs.  fear comes from much deeper in the mind brain.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Fear happens at a moments notice and can destroy or save you. Being fearful aligns more with shame and guilt. The emotion that will destroy a person is sadness that they can't let go.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In your opinion.
View Quote
In regards to what?

There are things in life I fear like death, loss of friend or family, heath issues, job loss, financial issues, 2nd amendment loss, etc...
But, I don't really have any Guilt or Shame.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
White guilt is the single most destructive element of the new century.
View Quote
Maybe one of the most Irritating things to exist.

I have no White Guilt.  To me the concept of it is as racist as one being racist towards blacks.
I should feel bad because of the color I was born? Fuck that.

Myself or no one I know has ever done anything negative to a Black person or any other race or religion based upon these labels... Except maybe not give them something they want/demand or disagree with an opinion or stance...
I treat them (everyone) like a mirror...  Be cool and kind to me, I'm cool and kind back.  Disrespect me or be a dick, when I've had enough, I'll mirror the action right back....

Where I went to school, I was a minority and I'd have black dudes, be like Aye man, lemme hold 5 dollas?  Come on man, how bout 2? Or lemme rock that chain or radio or what ever.  

I'd say naa, I'm good (knowing I'd never get it back). Then they'd say man, you racist....  
I'd say why and they wouldn't really know what to say.  Then I'd say, Give me 3 factual reasons, other than I have disagreed with your opinion, I did not give you want you wanted or I beat your at ______.

Not once did I ever get a single reason or anything but a FU man or some type of aggression...

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Depends on the duration. Guilt can eat at you for years. Fear is usually transitory but can be powerful. People don't seem to sway to the effects of shame the way society used to
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#21]
shame only works if you feel guilt.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I like this one the best.

True fear can cause all sorts of reactions. In an instant it can heighten those senses, dump adrenaline, impair thinking, speech, and reasoning.
The fight or flight activation in our lizard brains is a strong one. Narrowly missing an on coming vehicle in traffic, talking in public, life and death situations are some examples most can relate to experiencing at some point. But being exposed to something enough times, that fear is either harnessed or the processing becomes altered (my opinion) and isnt as strong as it once was.

While true fear can come and go, Shame and Guilt on the other hand have longevity. Those two effect people differently and makes it hard to gauge.

View Quote

+1
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top