Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2022 11:57:13 PM EDT
I've never seen it. Right or wrong, when it first came out I expected it to be some feminist, "you go girl" fantasy. So I was amused when the movie showed up on TV tonight with this advisory:

"THIS FILM INCLUDES LANGUAGE AND/OR CULTURAL STEREOTYPES THAT ARE INCONSISTENT WITH TODAY'S STANDARDS OF INCLUSION AND TOLERANCE AND MAY OFFEND SOME VIEWERS"

I'm still not going to watch it, but the "warning" was entertaining.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
If anything, it's worth watching the SERE scene when Kevin Gage laughs at the injured guy.

That laugh is insane and would be pretty terrifying.

Edit: found it. Now you don't have to watch the movie at all.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:01:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've never seen it. Right or wrong, when it first came out I expected it to be some feminist, "you go girl" fantasy. So I was amused when the movie showed up on TV tonight with this advisory:

"THIS FILM INCLUDES LANGUAGE AND/OR CULTURAL STEREOTYPES THAT ARE INCONSISTENT WITH TODAY'S STANDARDS OF INCLUSION AND TOLERANCE AND MAY OFFEND SOME VIEWERS"

View Quote

Then this warning was specifically for you.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:02:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL. May as well slap that trigger warning on any film made pre-2020.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:04:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

POW!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:09:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

?????? Why, because you think I'd be offended by "language and cultural stereotypes?"

My reason for not watching is because it sounds stupid. But, I've been wrong before.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:10:11 AM EDT
[#6]
We are a silly people.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:11:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Watch for dem titties
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:13:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was an interesting response.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#9]
You're missing out.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:20:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Fun flick like shooter. Don't get yourself wrapped around an axle. Watch it. Jfc
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:21:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Where The White Women At? - Blazing Saddles
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:24:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I remember when it came out. People were kinda pissed about it. Female soldier. Shaved head. Shitty empowered attitude.  Crazy how times change. Now we are just happy the male drill sergeant isn't pregnant and wearing a dress while in a love triangle with his tranny CO and its 14yo son.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:08:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Somewhat unrelated, but I almost beat an old man into the ground over that movie…and I’ve never even seen it.

Here’s the backstory - I work in IT/Telecom and travel a lot for work. A coworker and I went to Jacksonville, FL on a project. My wife is Nicaraguan and my coworker married a South African girl he met while stationed in S. Africa as a Marine embassy guard. We’re both white.

Our company also hired a local contractor to help put out IP phones. He was a racist panhandle redneck. We were in our 40’s, he was in his 60’s, but we all hit it off because coworker and the contractor had been Marines and I was Army so we all had similar backgrounds.

As we’re shooting the shit, the contractor tells us that back when he worked for the phone company he installed a payphone that was used in the movie GI Jane. It hit home for me because I’d just revisited Ft. Chaffee for the first time in 25 years and sought out the payphone I used to use to call my fiancé every week. I relayed the story to him, and added that all that was left was the concrete foundation where the phone used to be.

For some unknown reason he blurted out, “She wasn’t black, was she?”

I was livid. That stupid fuck. I wanted to lay him out. I held back and said, “My wife is Latina and his is African so keep your fucking mouth shut!” He didn’t say two words to us for the rest of the week. He just kept his head down and put out phones.

My coworker’s S. African wife is white but I left that part out because under the circumstances it didn’t seem relevant. I’m still dumbfounded this prick would blurt that out to two people he didn’t know. I regret not kicking him off the job site. He would have been fired.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#14]
would you guys fuck gi jane?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:25:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Demi Moore circa 1997? Um, is this a trick question?

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:40:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

?????? Why, because you think I'd be offended by "language and cultural stereotypes?"

My reason for not watching is because it sounds stupid. But, I've been wrong before.
View Quote

Because what you got out of it was........"THIS FILM INCLUDES LANGUAGE AND/OR CULTURAL STEREOTYPES THAT ARE INCONSISTENT WITH TODAY'S STANDARDS OF INCLUSION AND TOLERANCE AND MAY OFFEND SOME VIEWERS"

Anyone looking for that kind of thing will find it everytime.....................and you found it
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:59:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Bonanza from the 1960's has a warning/disclaimer like that now on METV.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:07:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We are a silly people.
View Quote

…a little people…greedy, barbarous and cruel.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:09:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Prime time Demi Moore was got damn gorgeous!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:12:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Saw it a long time ago, iirc it was during the period of "women can do anything a man can do, let them in the military and you'll see!!" instead of the current "if you point out how women cant do things men can do you're a sexist" period, so she actually has adversity she has to overcome in the story.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:43:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Prime time Demi Moore was got damn gorgeous!!!
View Quote

PT DM was hawt.

I don't for a minute believe she or any chixor like her could actually cut it in SF. Not unless they lowered standards to get the desired result...

I'm sure there are a very few biological women who could cut it in SF at peak standards, if they chose to pursue it, but not many.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:08:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

PT DM was hawt.

I don't for a minute believe she or any chixor like her could actually cut it in SF. Not unless they lowered standards to get the desired result...

I'm sure there are a very few biological women who could cut it in SF at peak standards, if they chose to pursue it, but not many.
View Quote

I personally know several juiced up crossfit women that are in the top 1% of physical fitness that will openly admit that even on roids they can’t compete with men.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:28:47 AM EDT
[#23]
When a woman has the line “suck my dick” in any movie, it’s an epic fail.

That being said, wood plow bald 1997 Demi.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:38:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Vito Viggo was great.
"Who's not ready?"
edit
Nobody called me on Vito? I am disappoint.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:11:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:27:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

…a little people…greedy, barbarous and cruel.
View Quote

Nice triple quote from Lawrence of Arabia characters: Peter O'toole, presumably Omar Shariff, and David Niven.
What a movie!
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I personally know several juiced up crossfit women that are in the top 1% of physical fitness that will openly admit that even on roids they can’t compete with men.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PT DM was hawt.

The Army "made" it happen in Ranger School.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:36:18 AM EDT
[#28]
I’ve never seen a wild thing
Sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
Without ever having felt sorry for itself.

I love this poem. It illustrates that self pity is a human construct, and not found in the natural world. It is wasteful and should not exist.

If anything, I like the movie for introducing me to this poem.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:43:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Watch for dem titties
View Quote

I don't remember any titties in that movie....
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Watch for dem titties
View Quote

If I want to see dem titties I will watch striptease.
It's been running on some of the cable channels.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:56:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Somewhat unrelated, but I almost beat an old man into the ground over that movie…and I’ve never even seen it.

Here’s the backstory - I work in IT/Telecom and travel a lot for work. A coworker and I went to Jacksonville, FL on a project. My wife is Nicaraguan and my coworker married a South African girl he met while stationed in S. Africa as a Marine embassy guard. We’re both white.

Our company also hired a local contractor to help put out IP phones. He was a racist panhandle redneck. We were in our 40’s, he was in his 60’s, but we all hit it off because coworker and the contractor had been Marines and I was Army so we all had similar backgrounds.

As we’re shooting the shit, the contractor tells us that back when he worked for the phone company he installed a payphone that was used in the movie GI Jane. It hit home for me because I’d just revisited Ft. Chaffee for the first time in 25 years and sought out the payphone I used to use to call my fiancé every week. I relayed the story to him, and added that all that was left was the concrete foundation where the phone used to be.

For some unknown reason he blurted out, “She wasn’t black, was she?”

I was livid. That stupid fuck. I wanted to lay him out. I held back and said, “My wife is Latina and his is African so keep your fucking mouth shut!” He didn’t say two words to us for the rest of the week. He just kept his head down and put out phones.

My coworker’s S. African wife is white but I left that part out because under the circumstances it didn’t seem relevant. I’m still dumbfounded this prick would blurt that out to two people he didn’t know. I regret not kicking him off the job site. He would have been fired.
View Quote

What kind of virtue signaling is this?  Maybe he was curious what color your wife is, is that wrong? Maybe you put out an unconscious vibe she wasnt white. I might wonder if a south african woman was white or black. At this point i have no idea what color your friends wife is.  How did you magically determine he was racist? His age? Plus is it a crime to be racist? Arent people allowed an opinion even if wrong. We are genetically program to fear what we don’t understand. Some people have experiences that lead them to make assumptions. Everybody screams “racist” these days. I don’t care if  racist person dislikes me, that’s just life. People who scream racist all the time are usually the narrow minded and stupidest ones
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:04:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Demi was hot as fuck back in the day.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Watch for dem titties
View Quote

I thought this was obvious; a ripped Demi Moore in her prime.  Also, I bet you and I have the same play list.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

When a woman has the line “suck my dick” in any movie, it’s an epic fail.
View Quote

True dat but in today's crazy times, it's the norm.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:52:36 AM EDT
[#36]
She looked better before the bolt ons.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I've never seen a wild thing
Sorry for itself.

I love this poem. It illustrates that self pity is a human construct, and not found in the natural world. It is wasteful and should not exist.

View Quote
Agreed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Gotta watch it if only for CMDCM Urgayles HK
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:01:33 AM EDT
[#39]

That was a "Bitch Slap" one little bitch (cuckold) slapping another little bitch (and I mean LITTLE tiny bitch)
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What kind of virtue signaling is this?  Maybe he was curious what color your wife is, is that wrong? Maybe you put out an unconscious vibe she wasnt white. I might wonder if a south african woman was white or black. At this point i have no idea what color your friends wife is.  How did you magically determine he was racist? His age? Plus is it a crime to be racist? Arent people allowed an opinion even if wrong. We are genetically program to fear what we don't understand. Some people have experiences that lead them to make assumptions. Everybody screams "racist" these days. I don't care if  racist person dislikes me, that's just life. People who scream racist all the time are usually the narrow minded and stupidest ones
View Quote
Thank you, 21er, for making sense like an actual adult. I concur.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I've never seen a wild thing
Sorry for itself.

View Quote
Ah Frost
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Watch for dem titties
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#43]
I saw that movie back in the day and it barely made an impression.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I saw that movie back in the day and it barely made an impression.
View Quote
Master Chief John Urgayle: Pain is your friend, your ally, it will tell you when you are seriously injured, it will keep you awake and angry, and remind you to finish the job and get the hell home. But you know the best thing about pain?

Lt. Jordan O'Neil: Don't know!

Master Chief John Urgayle: It lets you know you're not dead yet!

GI Jane - Pain Is Your Friend

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Because what you got out of it was........"THIS FILM INCLUDES LANGUAGE AND/OR CULTURAL STEREOTYPES THAT ARE INCONSISTENT WITH TODAY'S STANDARDS OF INCLUSION AND TOLERANCE AND MAY OFFEND SOME VIEWERS"

Anyone looking for that kind of thing will find it everytime.....................and you found it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll type this slower so that maybe you'll be able to understand it. I'm not sure what you think I "found." The warning didn't want me to not see the movie. There are a lot of movies I haven't seen for any number of reasons. In the case of this movie I found the premise silly. I apologize if that hurt your feelings.

I happened to be channel surfing and saw that "advisory" on the screen. My thought was, have we reached the point where we need a woke warning on everything so that some person somewhere won't be offended?

Now if you think adults need these kind of warnings to avoid hurt feelz, then please have at it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top