BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jeez. Really? Just take care of your business without all the attention whoring.
ETA: Take it to the vet to be euthanized, I'll pay for it.
View Quote
Seriously.

What a fucked up thread.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:16:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Seriously.

What a fucked up thread.
View Quote
Obviously we don't have too many members who grew up on farms.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Run it over with a car.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously.

What a fucked up thread.

I grew up on a farm, cattle and horses. I just don't like shooting the animal, I mean you have a dog your whole life who is loyal and the last thing it sees before it dies is you shooting it.

I'd rather just pay the vet to put it down peacefully.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It’s your daughters cat, have her shoot it.
View Quote

That's the GD we all know and love
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Any one said dishwasher yet??
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Seriously.

What a fucked up thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jeez. Really? Just take care of your business without all the attention whoring.
Seriously.

What a fucked up thread.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:35:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Spend the money to treat the cat.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Probably the best reply yet. Well the money
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever method you choose to euthanize the cat your daughter will forever remember it. You can be remembered as a compassionate respectful man or an abomination.

Probably the best reply yet. Well the money

Very shallow assessment.  Teach your kids to be better than this.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

FID is cat AIDS not COVID.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, I'm that guy who had his son's cat die in a dishwasher.

But seriously, my daughter's cat from that same litter caught FID recently, and is less than a year old.  Per the vets $375 bill, it's a 100% terminal version of Coronavirus where she has days to weeks to live.  Ultimately, she will die of multiple organ failure.  

There is an unlicensed drug called GS-441524 that has an 84% cure rate, but you have to buy it on the black market from websites.  It's basically Remdesivir made in China, and costs $900 for a treatment over 84 days of SQ injections and pills.  

Should I spend $900 on an outdoor cat my daughter raised from a kitten, or let it go to the woods to die, or spend money to put it down, or just give it a .22 round and put it out of it's misery as enough money was already spent?  She was tearful last night over the news, and has spent today making pictures to place on the cats grave, and knows if she sees her coming around the house to say her goodbyes.

Yup, the stray we took in a few years was diagnosed with FID. I see OP subscribes to the propaganda that everything everything is rice rabies.

OP, sorry your kid's cat isn't doing well. We just had our 17 year old cat put down. She had kidney failure and a mouth infection. We paid the vet $385 to put her to sleep. I suggest you do the same.

Quoted:
A vet euthanizing and cremating a pet is under $100.

Or just hit it with a shovel and then bury it with said shovel.

?????

No, it's not. It was $385 to put ours to sleep. Cremation was an additional $200.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Dryer?
View Quote

I would say dishwasher, since OP already has some experience on that.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Spend money to have the vet do it.
View Quote

Just have the vet do it right. Euthanasia is $64 at a regular vet. The animal shelter may do it cheaper than that.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

FIV is feline HIV.

His cat has FIP.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No, it's not. It was $385 to put ours to sleep. Cremation was an additional $200.
View Quote
Depends on where you are.  My girlfriend's cat needed to be put down last month.  She had a stomach tumor and stopped eating.  $75.  RIP Auburn.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Definitely vet.

Only time I’d do it myself is if the animal’s already a bloody mess.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Depends on where you are.  My girlfriend's cat needed to be put down last month.  She had a stomach tumor and stopped eating.  $75.  RIP Auburn.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260765/20161120_114522_jpg-2383497.JPG

View Quote

Was that for the bag in the photo that you then tossed into a river?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The vet will run you $100-200 bucks. I took my cat to the vet, he went peacefully in my arms.
View Quote

This ^^  be kind to it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#19]
LMAO
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Vet.

I am looking a having to make the decision for one of mine if he doesn't get better this week. Not Corona though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I grew up on a farm and still own a farm, we give our animals a respectful death here, and drowning them in a sack isn't that.

Shooting them is cheap and quick, drowning an animal is heartless and needlessly cruel, especially when a .22 is what  3 cents a shot?

Would you like to drown in a sack? If the answer is no then why would you do it to any other living creature?

Yes I shoot and eat animals, but I do my very best to kill them quickly and with the least amount of pain possible, I feel that's my responsibility as a good and moral human.

You do you, but not all of us that own actual farms think drowning anything is the right way to do things.

I say all the above as someone who really doesn't like cats much.

Flame suit on I guess.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:01:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I have had to do it more times than I can count, both myself or Vet. Really, unless you are extremely rural, with a cat that family has an emotional bond with do the Vet. They are tough and do flop around quite a bit. If you are considering a $900 black market treatment, $100 euth at the Vet is not the wrong choice. Sorry for your situation OP.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I’m beginning to think you simply like trolling the cat lovers of GD.

Not getting sucked into this shit show again.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I grew up on a farm, cattle and horses. I just don't like shooting the animal, I mean you have a dog your whole life who is loyal and the last thing it sees before it dies is you shooting it.

I'd rather just pay the vet to put it down peacefully.
View Quote

On our farm pets get the vet 100% of the time, and farm animals get a .22 in the X spot.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Dryer?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#26]
You can euthanize small animals with vinegar and baking soda to make carbon dioxide.  Easy to look that one up.  I had to snuff out my kids pet rat near the end and it seemed rather peaceful.  Not sure how much you’d need for a cat.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#27]
If you’re advocating doing something to a cat that you wouldn’t have done to a dog or other animal, you’re a fucking scumbag

OP, be a decent human being and either treat the cat or have the vet put it down if you can’t afford the treatment
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Spend money to have the vet do it.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yup, the stray we took in a few years was diagnosed with FID. I see OP subscribes to the propaganda that everything everything is rice rabies.

OP, sorry your kid's cat isn't doing well. We just had our 17 year old cat put down. She had kidney failure and a mouth infection. We paid the vet $385 to put her to sleep. I suggest you do the same.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, I'm that guy who had his son's cat die in a dishwasher.

But seriously, my daughter's cat from that same litter caught FID recently, and is less than a year old.  Per the vets $375 bill, it's a 100% terminal version of Coronavirus where she has days to weeks to live.  Ultimately, she will die of multiple organ failure.  

There is an unlicensed drug called GS-441524 that has an 84% cure rate, but you have to buy it on the black market from websites.  It's basically Remdesivir made in China, and costs $900 for a treatment over 84 days of SQ injections and pills.  

Should I spend $900 on an outdoor cat my daughter raised from a kitten, or let it go to the woods to die, or spend money to put it down, or just give it a .22 round and put it out of it's misery as enough money was already spent?  She was tearful last night over the news, and has spent today making pictures to place on the cats grave, and knows if she sees her coming around the house to say her goodbyes.

Quoted:
A vet euthanizing and cremating a pet is under $100.

Or just hit it with a shovel and then bury it with said shovel.

?????

I had to laugh too.  They obviously have not had this done.  It was $200 for the vet visit and $120 for group cremation with discarded ashes (cheapest option).  $100 for both???  LOL.  

Why people get so touchy freely about this topic is beyond me.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Blunt force trauma to head
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Jesus Titty Fucking Christ.
Pay the vet to do it humanely.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#32]
I’m new and won’t be posting much… HOWEVER…

If you are unable or unwilling to spend the money to give the animal a dignified death, PM me.
I will pay the vet bill for the euthanasia.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
.22lr
View Quote

Put it in the hole first wrapped in a towel. No clean up and cover it for the ceremony.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Threads like this make me want hoard more ammo.

What the fuck is wrong with y'all?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, just some of us that did are not inhumane shitbags.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#37]
hmmm...use your tried and true method. Why change?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Vet if possible.

Also, are you sure the prognosis is terminal?

I don't know if those shady treatments actually work.

Prepost EDIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GS-441524 Apparently they might. Why the hell hasn't this been licensed for veterinary use?

If you're going to put the cat down I recommend a vet do it, as it'll be pretty much guaranteed a humane, peaceful passing. Shooting it might be a bit messy and there's no guarantee it'll be instant. (I personally also think it's a bit barbaric, but that's just my opinion, man.)

I've lost a few cats, sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Just have the vet euthanize it.  There’s no need to let it suffer.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Whatever method you choose to euthanize the cat your daughter will forever remember it. You can be remembered as a compassionate respectful man or an abomination.
View Quote

Good advice.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Old school it. 5 gallon bucket of water, burlap sack, and...we called it culling back in the day. They probably just call it murder or something like that now a days. I'm not woke
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

especially when a .22 is what  3 cents a shot?
View Quote

Tagged for link to $0.03 22lr.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

especially when a .22 is what  3 cents a shot?

Zukguy is a time traveler.  It’s 10 cents a round here.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Take it to the vet. Wait a month and get the daughter a new cat.

Cats often die early. It’s depressing sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Remember to dig the hole before you shoot it. It’s easier then looking at it while you dig the hole.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The vet will run you $100-200 bucks. I took my cat to the vet, he went peacefully in my arms.

This was my guy as a kitten. I haven’t seen this pick in years, but I was holding him just like this when he left us.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I grew up on a farm and still own a farm, we give our animals a respectful death here, and drowning them in a sack isn't that.

Shooting them is cheap and quick, drowning an animal is heartless and needlessly cruel, especially when a .22 is what  3 cents a shot?

Would you like to drown in a sack? If the answer is no then why would you do it to any other living creature?

Yes I shoot and eat animals, but I do my very best to kill them quickly and with the least amount of pain possible, I feel that's my responsibility as a good and moral human.

You do you, but not all of us that own actual farms think drowning anything is the right way to do things.

I say all the above as someone who really doesn't like cats much.

Flame suit on I guess.
View Quote

Posts like these let me know that good people still exist in this world.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Talk to your vet for the best option.  Your daughter will always remember how you handle it, good or bad.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Catnip, curare, club
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Old school it. 5 gallon bucket of water, burlap sack, and...we called it culling back in the day. They probably just call it murder or something like that now a days. I'm not woke
View Quote

You're not woke, but you're definitely something else.. (see: COC)
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top