Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/7/2021 11:02:39 AM EDT
The visuals and soundtrack are stunning, and the CGI is pretty much unrecognizable.

The series shows a ton of landscape shots and huge vistas and they look amazing.

And, not to stir the pot too much for the leg jumpers who love Gina Carano, yes Disney got rid of her because of her beep bop bop or whatever post she made, but she is a terrible actress.

Semi pleasant to look at, but the staged fights are silly looking and her acting is atrocious.

I have spoken.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Having been a Star Wars nerd since '77, I like it as well. The tech usage of the panorama screen behind the actors has greatly increased "immersiveness".
~on the politics side, I can't keep up with the news of Gina Carano is in/ not in/ in again.... I did like her character
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#2]
We still rewatch it .
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#3]
It is the best live action star wars in a long time, but "Grogu"?

PP is a super liberal prick and even he defended GC.

We'll see how House of Fett looks
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#4]
He should not have taken his helmet off until the end.  It would have been much more powerful.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Gina has been rehired

Kathleen Kennedy has been side lined, her Star Wars shows canceled, and is on the way out.

John, Dave, and George are running everything Star Wars.  The next few years will be the golden age of Star Wars.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gina has been rehired

Kathleen Kennedy has been side lined, her Star Wars shows canceled, and is on the way out.

John, Dave, and George are running everything Star Wars.  The next few years will be the golden age of Star Wars.
View Quote

Hahaha
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
John, Dave, and George are running everything Star Wars.
View Quote

This is the way
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn, I hope so. The last few decades have been pretty slim for us fans

Quoted:
Gina has been rehired

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The next few years will be the golden age of Star Wars.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Pretty stoked for the Book of Boba Fett coming out this month.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Gina has been rehired

View Quote

They just renewed her contract last month. She is here until at least 2024.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#12]
SW fan since 1977 .

It looks good and has good visuals.  The storyline is pretty pedestrian.  The acting is nothing special.  Its got Baby Yoda and I got to see Luke finally as he should be rather than the broken wreck in the SW sequels.  I enjoy watching it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I like it although I think the plot lines are predictable and don’t bring much new to the table.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#14]
I've gotta say, I like the show in general, but It's Gina Carano that kept me coming back. Chunky women warriors do it for me.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Too woke for me.
I wanted to like it!
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau make best Star Wars
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes it is.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Are they going to keep using a de-aged Hamill as Luke for season 3? Last I heard, Sebastian Stan was not going to be in the series at all.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a lot of free time at work.  I've been watching Star Wars news videos on YouTube.

1.  New movie trilogy.  Keanu Reeves as a Sith Prince set in the Old Republic

2.  TV show focusing on Luke Skywalker starting the new Jedi Temple.  Mara Jade will be in it.  Mace Windu is alive and will be in it as well.  2 more seasons of Mando which will then branch into these other other shows.

3.  Asoka series with Hayden Christenison.  And Thrawn!

Mando season 2 was the best Star Wars since the originals.  It's tough to be negative about where Star Wars is headed.  We've made it through the darkness.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Before PP was supporting rioting, looting, murder and child rapists I was interested in seeing the series...  Since only a child molester would support a child rapist I'm getting the impression PP is a child molester and don't care to see anything with him in it.  YMMV

Disney stars defending convicted pedophiles is not a good look
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Gina has been rehired

View Quote

Is this all true? I’ve heard nothing of any of this.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Pretty stoked for the Book of Boba Fett coming out this month.
View Quote

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude... but are you retarded?

That looked horrible right down to the shitty plastic looking helmet.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Yes, it is, and this seen gets my misty eyed every time. That being said, I'm satisfied with how season 2 wrapped up and I don't feel the need to watch it further. I don't normally do the boycott thing, but I think that what they did to Gina was so egregiously fucked up, that I just can't continue giving Disney money. I'm sad that I'll miss out on the Obi Wan show as well. I do not fault people for continuing to watch, it's a personal choice, and in this case, I choose to protest with my dollars.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Gina has been rehired

View Quote
Link me, please.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It is the best live action star wars in a long time, but "Grogu"?

PP is a super liberal prick and even he defended GC.

We'll see how House of Fett looks
View Quote
I started watching these with my 10 year old daughter, she loves Grogu.  I like the show but each episode leaves me wanting more, like they are just to short not enough story.
Quoted:
He should not have taken his helmet off until the end.  It would have been much more powerful.
View Quote
That would have been better.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They just renewed her contract last month. She is here until at least 2024.
View Quote

Doomcock has a theory about that.

She has no power over Star Wars.  Disney is paying her to save face and keep her mouth shut.  She is working on rat fucking Indiana Jones 5.  I'll gladly sacrifice Indiana to save Star Wars.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Kaminoans didn't pay Jango enough for beskar so he had to settle for durasteel.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Doomcock has a theory about that.

She has no power over Star Wars.  Disney is paying her to save face and keep her mouth shut.  She is working on rat fucking Indiana Jones 5. I'll gladly sacrifice Indiana to save Star Wars.
View Quote

It's a shame we have to sacrifice any great franchise, but it's 2021, and here we are. No doubt Indie will be going down in flames.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#29]
The series was kinda meh.  It had some moments but it is not The Expanse.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#30]
I want to see the episode where Luke wakes up and realizes the last three movies were just a bad dream.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Yes it is very solid.  The only decent movie apart from the three main is Rogue One, FWIW
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yes it is very solid.  The only decent movie apart from the three main is Rogue One, FWIW
View Quote

Indeed. This is THE Vader scene of all time, IMO. If you play it double speed, you'll hear that the voices are a snippet of the Imperial March.

Darth Vader Hallway Fight Scene [4k UltraHD] - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I want to see the episode where Luke wakes up and realizes the last three movies were just a bad dream.
View Quote

Not a bad retcon...waking up and realizing I'm about to set off a bad chain of events so I'd better make a change.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#34]
I want a Blurg.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn shame I had to cancel my Disney subscription due to their politics.  

I guess they can go fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your virtue has been signaled and noted. Have a good day.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

3.  Asoka series with Hayden Christenison.  And Thrawn!

View Quote

With Mount Tantiss showing up in the Bad Batch I've been wondering if they might use some of the plot from Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy in the Asoka show.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

With Mount Tantiss showing up in the Bad Batch I've been wondering if they might use some of the plot from Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy in the Asoka show.
View Quote

There are 2 new Thrawn trilogies (by Zahn) that are canon and better than the OG.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

There are 2 new Thrawn trilogies (by Zahn) that are canon and better than the OG.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? I'll have to check them out.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read the first (new) book which goes back to The Clone Wars, documents Thrawns rise to Power in the Empire and relationship with Anakin/Vader.  It was good but not great.

The OG Thrawn novels from the 90s are still my favorites.  I got my original hardcovers and they are a treasure of my collection.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#43]
I loved it. I will rewatch it. You can't boycott everything in life...
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Did you guys see that episode where his ship gets damaged, and he has to engage in a difficult side mission while on-planet, to get it repaired as he can continue on?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The visuals and soundtrack are stunning, and the CGI is pretty much unrecognizable.

The series shows a ton of landscape shots and huge vistas and they look amazing.

And, not to stir the pot too much for the leg jumpers who love Gina Carano, yes Disney got rid of her because of her beep bop bop or whatever post she made, but she is a terrible actress.

Semi pleasant to look at, but the staged fights are silly looking and her acting is atrocious.

I have spoken.
View Quote

lol, not quite.

I enjoy the series too though
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#47]
The visuals can be very good and the music is excellent.  There are times though when I feel like it's in the Hercules/Xena category of shows.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Second part conflicts with the first part.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#49]
It is. My decision to stop watching wasn’t just political, but dumping Gina was awful from a character stand point.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Did you guys see that episode where his ship gets damaged, and he has to engage in a difficult side mission while on-planet, to get it repaired as he can continue on?
View Quote

I 100% agree with OP - I love me some Gina Carano (she looks VERY much like my ex girlfriend), and I could watch her all day on mute, but she's a horrible actress.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top