User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gina has been rehired

Kathleen Kennedy has been side lined, her Star Wars shows canceled, and is on the way out.

John, Dave, and George are running everything Star Wars.  The next few years will be the golden age of Star Wars.
View Quote

Good to hear!
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I enjoy it and look forward to the next season.

Also:

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
He should not have taken his helmet off until the end.  It would have been much more powerful.
View Quote

Plus they could’ve replaced that commie POS so easily.  
But he’s enough of a whore to take all of us white trash money.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gina has been rehired

Kathleen Kennedy has been side lined, her Star Wars shows canceled, and is on the way out.

John, Dave, and George are running everything Star Wars.  The next few years will be the golden age of Star Wars.
View Quote

Really?  Cool!
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Predictable formulaic crap.
I still.enjoyed it lol

ETA how did I get my avatar back
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Is there something new to see or is OP living in 2019?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#9]

I can give you the phone number to my ex-wife if you want. She turned into one after we got married.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#10]
The unreal engine and lcd panels are a huge upgrade from green screen. Really neat technology.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
She's a B movie action star like Steve Austin. She can act enough to snarl "you'll never (something or other) (villian)"

I watched part of some action movie made in Canada she was in. She mostly fought, ran and drove cars in action scenes. Her occasional dialogue was okay as she seems like a nice enough gal. She jumps right into action scenes and runs around and hits people like she means business.

She needs to cut back on the chicken wings, chocolate milk and hit the gym. She just was in some western. I hope she's in more movies. I'd like to see her succeed.
View Quote
I totally agree. She's a hard worker, no doubt. Some acting classes and some time back in the gym would serve her well. I watched one of her movies recently where she's trying to track down her missing husband in an exotic vacation place, and she actually didn't do too badly. You're right, she's in line with someone like Steve Austin.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Gina has been rehired

View Quote

I hope you are right.  After reading your post I went to Google.  There was nothing concrete.  Half the articles said NFW, the other half talked about a "rumored" appearance.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

I know Batman and Mando.  Who's the third one?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Gina has been rehired

View Quote

Kathleen Kennedy’s contract was renewed to 2024. She’s in it for the long haul and will be credited in every episode going forward.

ETA: but the rumor of Gina returning seems to be true.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gina has been rehired

View Quote

Interesting...
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#16]

That is the most important scene in Star Wars lore since the end of Return of the Jedi.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I know Batman and Mando.  Who's the third one?
View Quote

Geralt of Rivia  aka the Witcher
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Meh, it’s a fun series made for 12 year olds.

Amazing? I don’t agree. It’s very formulaic and lacks a lot of substance. There have been some great episodes and some very meh episodes.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I very much enjoy it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Geralt of Rivia  aka the Witcher
View Quote

The potion chugging alcoholic sex machine that hires/whores himself out to slay monsters like some kind of fantasy hitman.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Meh, it’s a fun series made for 12 year olds.

Amazing? I don’t agree. It’s very formulaic and lacks a lot of substance. There have been some great episodes and some very meh episodes.
View Quote

it looks good in a sea of starwars shit. Of the other stuff was good, this would be junk.

and fuck Disney.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I wouldn't call it amazing, but I did enjoy it enough to watch both seasons.

How could they make it better, at least IMO?

1. Lose Pedro the Commie, a stunt man can wear the helmet and a voice actor can do the lines. Find a plot reason he goes back to never taking the helmet off.
2. As much as I like Carano IRL, she brought nothing to the show that any chubby actress couldn't do better. Either give the woman acting and voice lessons or hire a real actress. Love you babe, but you couldn't act your way out of a wet paper bag.
3. Lose Sackhoff, she's just going to be Starbuck again. Lose the other actress that plays Starbuck's partner, she's not at all convincing in a tough girl role. Fett would have handed her ass to her in 3 seconds flat and we all knew it.
4. Tell the entire crew that supporting commies and criminals in public will cost them their jobs. Put it in their contracts. Make an example if necessary.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It is the best live action star wars in a long time, but "Grogu"?
View Quote

Grogu made me laugh.

I have a two year old who takes the ball out of my trackball exactly the way he kept taking the ball off of the spaceship controls or whatever they were.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The visuals can be very good and the music is excellent.  There are times though when I feel like it's in the Hercules/Xena category of shows.
View Quote

YES!

You just ruined the Mandalorian for me
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
He should not have taken his helmet off until the end.  It would have been much more powerful.
View Quote

He shouldn't have taken it off at all.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's a shame we have to sacrifice any great franchise, but it's 2021, and here we are. No doubt Indie will be going down in flames.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doomcock has a theory about that.

She has no power over Star Wars.  Disney is paying her to save face and keep her mouth shut.  She is working on rat fucking Indiana Jones 5. I'll gladly sacrifice Indiana to save Star Wars.

It's a shame we have to sacrifice any great franchise, but it's 2021, and here we are. No doubt Indie will be going down in flames.

After the Crystal Skull (spit) the franchise is already a smoldering heap of ashes.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Grogu made me laugh.

I have a two year old who takes the ball out of my trackball exactly the way he kept taking the ball off of the spaceship controls or whatever they were.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is the best live action star wars in a long time, but "Grogu"?

Grogu made me laugh.

They sure hit a licensing/merchandising goldmine with baby Yoda though didn't they?  Damn.

In my house we have:
  Large stuffed animal with plastic head.  One of the earlier "baby Yoda" toys.
  Baby Yoda piggy bank.
  The Child large Lego set. (I think this sucker was 70 bucks or something like that.)
  Hidden in my closet for Christmas is Galactic Snackin' (WTF?) Grogu.
Someone somewhere is swimming around in a vault full of gold coins ala Scrooge McDuck.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

After the Crystal Skull (spit) the franchise is already a smoldering heap of ashes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doomcock has a theory about that.

She has no power over Star Wars.  Disney is paying her to save face and keep her mouth shut.  She is working on rat fucking Indiana Jones 5. I'll gladly sacrifice Indiana to save Star Wars.

Even if they weren't wokefucking Indy 5 I wouldn't be watching it after the steaming pile that was Crystal Skull.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#29]
I loved it, but they stepped on their dick with gina carano. They put politics in front of the story. And now that the douche sniffing lead pablo ass sniffer came out against rittenhouse,  I can't watch it without getting pissed so it's not fun.

I cancelled my disney account a few months ago over it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Good to hear!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gina has been rehired

Good to hear!
None of this is true.

Kennedy's contract has been extended.
Rumors of Gina coming back are just rumors.

Jon, Dave and George are only running what they are allowed to.

Star Wars is dead until they can Kennedy and erase the entire Disney Trilogy. It doesnt matter how good ANY Star Wars content is, it all ends up in the burning dumpster of the Sequels.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:01:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The visuals and soundtrack are stunning, and the CGI is pretty much unrecognizable.

The series shows a ton of landscape shots and huge vistas and they look amazing.

And, not to stir the pot too much for the leg jumpers who love Gina Carano, yes Disney got rid of her because of her beep bop bop or whatever post she made, but she is a terrible actress.

Semi pleasant to look at, but the staged fights are silly looking and her acting is atrocious.

I have spoken.
View Quote

I liked it.  I quit watching it because they fired her.    Doesn't matter how good it is their politics screwed it up.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I wouldn't call it amazing, but I did enjoy it enough to watch both seasons.

How could they make it better, at least IMO?

1. Lose Pedro the Commie, a stunt man can wear the helmet and a voice actor can do the lines. Find a plot reason he goes back to never taking the helmet off.
2. As much as I like Carano IRL, she brought nothing to the show that any chubby actress couldn't do better. Either give the woman acting and voice lessons or hire a real actress. Love you babe, but you couldn't act your way out of a wet paper bag.
3. Lose Sackhoff, she's just going to be Starbuck again. Lose the other actress that plays Starbuck's partner, she's not at all convincing in a tough girl role. Fett would have handed her ass to her in 3 seconds flat and we all knew it.
4. Tell the entire crew that supporting commies and criminals in public will cost them their jobs. Put it in their contracts. Make an example if necessary.
View Quote

It's amazing compared to ep's VII, VIII and IX.

R1 was also good.  Solo was ok.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Mandalorian and Rogue One are the closest look and feel to the original SW series.

Mandalorian was great in featuring huge expansive backstories on a lot of SW creatures and locations that were never really explored in depth e.g. the Tuskens

Never knew John Favreau was a SW nerd so hard, but from here on out they can just hand the franchise to him. The guy develops fucking great storylines

And I would let thicc Gina manhandle me any time
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Too bad the nurse robot self destructed. And yes Miss Carano is easy on the eyes.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Did you guys see that episode where his ship gets damaged, and he has to engage in a difficult side mission while on-planet, to get it repaired as he can continue on?
View Quote

I saw that one. It had a surprise appearance by a big character from the Star Wars universe.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Gina has been rehired

View Quote

wait, is that really true? If Carano is back on board I'll watch again.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I want to see the episode where Luke wakes up and realizes the last three movies were just a bad dream.
View Quote

they should show that it was a dream, induced by a sith lord.  He's been in a coma the whole time. The sith lord is Kathleen Kennedy.  He cuts her in half, off they go.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

wait, is that really true? If Carano is back on board I'll watch again.
View Quote

I cannot find anything definitive.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#39]
I was thinking THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT was the continuation of that show...

THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT Trailer (2021)

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#40]
It was beautifully done---they better not fuck up Boba Fett.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neZFzZJqkP4
View Quote

Not a continuation. It's a spin-off.
Mandalorian is still getting a true season 3.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Star Wars died for me on May 19th 1999.   Walking out of the midnight showing of The Phantom Menace my friend remarked quite loudly to the crowd waiting outside for the 3am show "THAT FUCKING SUCKED".

He was right.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#43]
It is an excellent show.
The story itself is an uncomplicated heroes journey.
The world building is excellent.
The visuals engrossing.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Agreed. I've never been as excited and emotional about Star Wars as I was the last 10 minutes of the season 2 finale. I was laughing, I was cheering, I was yelling, I was crying. Those are the moments that are so very few and far between in entertainment that are extremely difficult to pull off and very precious. THAT'S what the movies should have been. That's what we deserved.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Just make a Kyle Katarn series so you can make a jedi who isn't an asexual monk nerd.

Send me a royalty check after it makes a few hundred million, thanks Disney.

But for the chief complaint about the Mandalorian, I don't see formulaic as bad. It's exactly what I want. It's essentially monster of the week.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
She's a B movie action star like Steve Austin. She can act enough to snarl "you'll never (something or other) (villian)"

I watched part of some action movie made in Canada she was in. She mostly fought, ran and drove cars in action scenes. Her occasional dialogue was okay as she seems like a nice enough gal. She jumps right into action scenes and runs around and hits people like she means business.

She needs to cut back on the chicken wings, chocolate milk and hit the gym. She just was in some western. I hope she's in more movies. I'd like to see her succeed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I 100% agree with OP - I love me some Gina Carano (she looks VERY much like my ex girlfriend), and I could watch her all day on mute, but she's a horrible actress.

You should watch Haywire. She's pretty good in it. Great action flick too
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They just renewed her contract last month. She is here until at least 2024.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#49]
I won’t watch it unless Gina is back.  Pedro Pascal is a nasty leftist who needs to be cancelled, if anyone does.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neZFzZJqkP4
View Quote

No the Mandalorian will continue on it's own.  The Boba Fett is a spin off show.  Holding back the next season of Mando to get Boba going.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top