Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3069 of 5583)
Page / 5583
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:01:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
I know most people won't have any idea about what I'm referring to, but I think a drone based on the Cessna A-37 Dragonfly would be perfect for Ukraine.

Strafing runs with the mini-gun and rockets/bombs as needed. Fly it just over the tree tops, striking troops and light vehicles as needed. Hellfires for harder targets.

Build it as cheaply as possible, consider it disposable. Perhaps a .50 BMG mini-gun (the current three barrel version) could be an option.

View Quote

As far as I'm tracking the only hellfire's Ukraine's gotten is 160 from Norway very recently. We aren't sending them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

The crime is typically smugglers of ethnic Hungarian decent trading with other Eastern European gangs. It’s also played up in Hungarian news to strengthen his political position. That smuggling is cigarette and occasional Aks etc. it’s nothing compared to Mexico not even 1/10 of 1%. It’s politics to stoke Hungarian nationalism, keep Orban in power as a Russian yes man who fucks up NATO.
View Quote

No.  My friends have sent me videos, that they've taken, of truckloads of smuggled immigrants (human trafficking) that were caught.  Also videos of immigrants causing all sorts of nonsense at the border fence.
The Hungarians just need to festoon the border fence with "decorations" like Vlad Tepes did with his "immigrants".
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:18:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Wrong, Hungary and his party have received Russian gas money. He’s bought a payed for, as much as I dislike open borders, it’s a chink in western armor Russia has really targeted via “hybrid war” it’s a common link to keep them in power. The sweet Russian money rolled in, guys were compromised never seeing what Russias long term plan was.

It’s a simple rule in prison, if you find a piece of cake on your bed, “Don’t eat it” as tasty as it might be. The cake comes with a price. Think Russian guys, that’s are problem. We can’t think like them so we can’t effectively see them coming or fight in the non- kinetic arena.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

@Jozsi

Comments please.

Remember when I bought up about Hitler promising SW Ukraine to Hungary when Hungary invaded Ukraine? (Around page 1168.) And I also mentioned how Hungary pumps money into the area of Ukraine with a higher Hungarian population- those areas fly the Hungarian flag and many street signs are in Hungarian.

I assumed that Putin promised this area to Orbon if Russia defeated Ukraine in return for staying neutral, but I believe you disagreed with my conclusion.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/13/Etnos0.gif/250px-Etnos0.gif
Ethnic map of Zakarpattia Oblast in 2001
PINK-  Ukrainians (incl. Rusyns)
GREEN- Hungarians
YELLOW-   Romanians
BLUE-  mixed Ukrainians (incl. Rusyns) and Russians

https://i.ibb.co/4Z98gkR/20221123-122343.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/yq5wNcW/20221123-122403.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/GkbDnx0/20221123-122429.jpg

Understand that I am NOT being confrontational with you, I am interested in your opinion now that this photo of Orbon was posted.

I cannot speak for Jozsi but I think it is possible there was some deal between Putin and Orban. I'd hate to believe it since I support Orban and think his domestic policies are good for Hungary. But there does seem to be some personal animus between Orban and Zelensky and conversely some friendly gestures towards Putin.

As an ethnic Hungarian, I'd much rather see closer ties and friendly relations with neighbors who now hold ex-territories.  Hungary is 1/4 of it's Greater Hungary size because of stupid military adventurism in WWI and II and I'd hate to see Hungary on the wrong side of another war.

Wrong, Hungary and his party have received Russian gas money. He’s bought a payed for, as much as I dislike open borders, it’s a chink in western armor Russia has really targeted via “hybrid war” it’s a common link to keep them in power. The sweet Russian money rolled in, guys were compromised never seeing what Russias long term plan was.

It’s a simple rule in prison, if you find a piece of cake on your bed, “Don’t eat it” as tasty as it might be. The cake comes with a price. Think Russian guys, that’s are problem. We can’t think like them so we can’t effectively see them coming or fight in the non- kinetic arena.

As I said since the fucken beginning of this thread. Hungary would dump Russia easily if Hungary got access to a better deal on the Paks II station.

The EU for almost 16 years has been asking and forcing and nudging Hungary to stop the nuclear power plant and shut it down and go buy gas on the open market.

Hungary has refused.

Ukraine isn't so fucken innocent again also with the forced language shit they passed.

I'd rather that Ukraine and Hungary are friends and I'd rather that Hungary gets a better deal on nuclear terms for the plants. Poland signed a deal with South Korea also.

https://www.politico.eu/article/poland-ramps-up-nuclear-expansion-commissions-south-korea-for-four-new-reactors/

Hungary getting butt fucked with dumb alliances is because all of the previous politicians cared was for Hungary and nothing else. Horthy got Vienna awards I and II and Hitler asked him to join in Barbarossa and what happened?

The foreign minister Count Teleki committed suicide because he didn't know what to do.

Also, Russia bombed Kassa and that was the prelude for Hungary joining the war. But we still don't know who actually did it.

Stalin and Molotov asked Hungary to stay out of the war and they even returned the battle flags they captured from 1848 back to Hungary. They even said they will honor Vienna I and II and then Kassa bombing happened.

In the end, as a Hungarian myself, I want Hungary to be involved and help Ukraine fuck up Russia and we shove and burn that whole fucken plant to the ground but nobody has Paks I parts except for the Orcs.

I've watched the negotiations constantly on the replacement and that is Hungary's future but now that Hungary signed Paks II with the Orcs...and why??

ZERO INTEREST loan on it and it was better terms than what the French, Americans and others were offering but those offerings was because of the hand twisting from the EU and their anti nuclear stance.

I'm not changing my stance on it but here is the TLDR.

- Hungary has NO TERRITORIAL ambitions with the Ukraine, it is all about the Nuclear power plant and Paks I is scheduled to be shut down in 2030 and then HUNGARY is fucked with no independent power.
Until Hungary gets a better term and better conditions to break the RusAtom contract, Hungary is gonna remain neutral sadly.

It's all about that stupid fucken power plant and their EU.

It's political football.. nothing else.

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DASJUDEN:

As far as I'm tracking the only hellfire's Ukraine's gotten is 160 from Norway very recently. We aren't sending them.
View All Quotes
I know most people won't have any idea about what I'm referring to, but I think a drone based on the Cessna A-37 Dragonfly would be perfect for Ukraine.

Strafing runs with the mini-gun and rockets/bombs as needed. Fly it just over the tree tops, striking troops and light vehicles as needed. Hellfires for harder targets.

Build it as cheaply as possible, consider it disposable. Perhaps a .50 BMG mini-gun (the current three barrel version) could be an option.

I think you missed the point of my post. Cessna A-37 Dragonflies in a drone role could be built cheap and be very effective for trench warfare.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ricko1:
Within the last 3 months I have installed two pieces of equipment in plants that make a component for cruise missiles. From what I could they were steady pumping them out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ricko1:
Originally Posted By Mickdog13:
Originally Posted By Kagetora:

An understandable point of view, but while we sit on our hands waiting for Lockheed/Boeing/Whoever to gear up and deliver things, how many more Ukrainians die, how much more time do we give Russia to consolidate?

If 18 HIMARS can put Russia on their heels like this, why haven't we sent 100, and kept 300 back for ourselves? Ditto with every other weapon system we own, that I've helped pay for? 75% of our stockpile would seem to be enough to deal with, well...ANYTHING.

I can assure you that a certain manufacturer you mentioned, been spooling up ALL SUMMER LONG.

They have added a large percentage to their workforce.
Within the last 3 months I have installed two pieces of equipment in plants that make a component for cruise missiles. From what I could they were steady pumping them out.

As a Rapid Dragon fan

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:50:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spydercomonkey] [#7]
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:53:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Got ahold of a piece of a Kalibr cruise missile:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:49:52 PM EDT
[#10]
So many similarities between what he says and what we hear here.

Russia has committed war crimes in Ukraine, UK’s Russian Ambassador appears to admit – BBC Newsnight

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:10:35 AM EDT
[#11]

I think you missed the point of my post. Cessna A-37 Dragonflies in a drone role could be built cheap and be very effective for trench warfare.
View Quote

They'd get shot down almost immediately. What makes drones survivable is that they're either hard to detect or they're flying so high that the air defense systems that can hit them are more concerned with other targets. Something the size of an A37 is huge in low altitude drone terms so unless you're going to give them some sort of standoff capability they're going to get gunned down by short range air defense with a quickness. There's off the shelf options that can get the desired effects cheaper than building a new UAS system, associated ground control system, training program, and maintenance program. Unless you really just want to see a trench strafed from the air with a machinegun, which isn't all that effective. HE isn't even really all that effective. Thermobarics and smoke are what you want.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:42:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

It is difficult for me to understand as you make no sense.

Compare the population density of Massachusetts, where you claim you are from, with Germany or France.  By your logic Massachusetts should declare war on someone to avoid famine.
The idea that European wars were based on a desire to kill ones own population to survive and fend off famine is not right.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

It's really quite simple. With high population density in an agrarian society, you need to minimize the number of people feeding off the land in your neighborhood to survive. For obvious reasons, you start by eliminating those who speak different language and prey in a different way. You kill one of theirs, they kill one of yours, now you're in a Hatfield and McCoy on steroids territory.

It may be difficult to understand for someone  whose ancestors stepped off the boat and immediately grabbed a piece of land the size of Rhode Island with nobody opposing them.

It is difficult for me to understand as you make no sense.

Compare the population density of Massachusetts, where you claim you are from, with Germany or France.  By your logic Massachusetts should declare war on someone to avoid famine.
The idea that European wars were based on a desire to kill ones own population to survive and fend off famine is not right.

No, he’s saying most European conflicts were based on tribes then nations staking out territory and clearing hostile tribes/nationals from said clay so their people had adequate food. He goes on to say Americans can’t understand that because in those times there was more than enough land here for ambitious men with the means to claim and hold it so we never experienced those pressures.

There is some truth to it, but it’s far from perfect even if you don’t bring up the Indian tribes, some very sophisticated, living here when the colonists arrived.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:56:30 AM EDT
[#13]
This thread has more rabbit holes than the Somme.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:50:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

what female prosecutor are you referring to?  Chad E. Meacham is the one who prosecuted BOEING over the fraud charges over the 737-MAX ..NVM i know who you are talking about, COX did bring the federal charges but the case was prosecuted and finished by Meacham

I would argue that they are "deeply dispised".  yea they did some dirty shit, and got trashed for it, but that was a slight bruising and are coming back from the gloomy days of the MAX groundings. And they are an amazing American company that has lead the way in MANY aspects of flight and defense and will continue to for a very long time. BOEING is loved, and very loved by our Gov.
View Quote

You should hear how much the KC-46 crews hate that plane and it’s failures haven’t exactly endeared Boeing to the USAF.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:00:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CharlieR] [#15]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

No, he’s saying most European conflicts were based on tribes then nations staking out territory and clearing hostile tribes/nationals from said clay so their people had adequate food. He goes on to say Americans can’t understand that because in those times there was more than enough land here for ambitious men with the means to claim and hold it so we never experienced those pressures.

There is some truth to it, but it’s far from perfect even if you don’t bring up the Indian tribes, some very sophisticated, living here when the colonists arrived.

View Quote

That's backwards.

In places like North America, Africa, places where agriculture was not mastered, you would see small tribes fighting each other. Small tribes because due to lack of agriculture there weren't that many, and hunter/gatherers woke up in the morning hustling to fish or hunt or whatever to survive. And teh lack of agriculture was the cause of low population density, which helped the Euro nations, mostly the Brits, conquer them so easily.

In Europe agriculture was better then everywhere other then maybe Asia.  When you have efficient agriculture everybody isn't hustling for sustenance. You have spare mouths to feed, like physicists, scientists, musicians, philosophers, printing press manufacturers, monks, knights, men-at-arms, soldiers, mercenaries, artillerymen, sailors, inventors. Whatever.  None of these people existed in the parts of the world where agriculture didnt exist. You need efficient food production for these loafers to get up in the morning and not be hunting or fishing or gathering.  Galileo and Socrates and Richard the Lionheart didn't run around hunting deer or buffalo or building beaver traps.

The Grande Armee of Napoleon could march across the Central European Plain and forage and live off the land because there was food all over the place because farmers were more efficient there then anywhere else in the world.  1/100 a similar number of Iroquois couldn't do that.  

European War saw a large number of very large armies with professional soldiers duking it out in a very small space because of advanced agriculture, not in spite of it.

Plentiful food in Europe resulted in big armies that fought for all sorts of reasons, pride, Royal reasons, God, this kingdom. that kingdom, the Pope said so, Moors coming over the wall, whatever.... but food was not one of them.  Fighting for a watering hole or good hunting ground is North American Amerindian warfare where lack of food meant starvation and annihilation.  Apples/oranges.

You cant have a professional military class that trains all day, and guys that make armor and weapons, and big mass armies without plentiful, advanced agriculture.   If you don't have it, you have tribes of hunter/gatherers who use their dual use hunter skills on each other.  
The largest Napoleonic battle was Leipzig, in 1813. Half a million men fought there.  Big-ass army for a bunch of nations running out of food. The largest Indian Army in North America was Little Big Horn.  1/250 that.  The Zulus of the 1870s could generate maybe 30-40k.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:58:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Boregonian:

You should hear how much the KC-46 crews hate that plane and it's failures haven't exactly endeared Boeing to the USAF.
View All Quotes

what female prosecutor are you referring to?  Chad E. Meacham is the one who prosecuted BOEING over the fraud charges over the 737-MAX ..NVM i know who you are talking about, COX did bring the federal charges but the case was prosecuted and finished by Meacham

I would argue that they are "deeply dispised".  yea they did some dirty shit, and got trashed for it, but that was a slight bruising and are coming back from the gloomy days of the MAX groundings. And they are an amazing American company that has lead the way in MANY aspects of flight and defense and will continue to for a very long time. BOEING is loved, and very loved by our Gov.

You should hear how much the KC-46 crews hate that plane and it's failures haven't exactly endeared Boeing to the USAF.
KC-46
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:29:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:10:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Russian ATGM misfires on launch

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:18:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#19]

51 Cruise missiles.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:51:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Sounds like Hungary needs to be booted from nato
View Quote

Maybe. But not because of a few people's misguided opinions on mythical Keizer Soze Hungarian "organized crime" rings. EVERY country in E. Europe has smugglers. It was a way to survive back in the commie days.

Hungary has always been stuck between corrupt Germany and corrupt Russia. The EU greens have been hampering Hungary's efforts to build nuke plants while Russia has offered to help. It's a complicated corrupt mess but Hungary is just a very tiny player in this game. If we kick Hungary out of NATO then Germany DEFINATELY must go too for funding the Russian military for the past decade.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:55:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

As I said since the fucken beginning of this thread. Hungary would dump Russia easily if Hungary got access to a better deal on the Paks II station.

The EU for almost 16 years has been asking and forcing and nudging Hungary to stop the nuclear power plant and shut it down and go buy gas on the open market.

Hungary has refused.

Ukraine isn't so fucken innocent again also with the forced language shit they passed.

I'd rather that Ukraine and Hungary are friends and I'd rather that Hungary gets a better deal on nuclear terms for the plants. Poland signed a deal with South Korea also.

https://www.politico.eu/article/poland-ramps-up-nuclear-expansion-commissions-south-korea-for-four-new-reactors/

Hungary getting butt fucked with dumb alliances is because all of the previous politicians cared was for Hungary and nothing else. Horthy got Vienna awards I and II and Hitler asked him to join in Barbarossa and what happened?

The foreign minister Count Teleki committed suicide because he didn't know what to do.

Also, Russia bombed Kassa and that was the prelude for Hungary joining the war. But we still don't know who actually did it.

Stalin and Molotov asked Hungary to stay out of the war and they even returned the battle flags they captured from 1848 back to Hungary. They even said they will honor Vienna I and II and then Kassa bombing happened.

In the end, as a Hungarian myself, I want Hungary to be involved and help Ukraine fuck up Russia and we shove and burn that whole fucken plant to the ground but nobody has Paks I parts except for the Orcs.

I've watched the negotiations constantly on the replacement and that is Hungary's future but now that Hungary signed Paks II with the Orcs...and why??

ZERO INTEREST loan on it and it was better terms than what the French, Americans and others were offering but those offerings was because of the hand twisting from the EU and their anti nuclear stance.

I'm not changing my stance on it but here is the TLDR.

- Hungary has NO TERRITORIAL ambitions with the Ukraine, it is all about the Nuclear power plant and Paks I is scheduled to be shut down in 2030 and then HUNGARY is fucked with no independent power.
Until Hungary gets a better term and better conditions to break the RusAtom contract, Hungary is gonna remain neutral sadly.

It's all about that stupid fucken power plant and their EU.

It's political football.. nothing else.

View Quote

Thanks Jozsi.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:00:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By doc540:
View Quote

At least we haven't argued over 5.45 .vs 5.56 yet...
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:00:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By doc540:
View Quote

At least we haven't argued over 5.45 .vs 5.56 yet...
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:16:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FiRd4-wXEBEDGhO?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FiRd4wvXEAkLDM6?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

That sledge should have been engraved with "we are primitive gangsters and you really must destroy us"...
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#25]

You should hear how much the KC-46 crews hate that plane and it’s failures haven’t exactly endeared Boeing to the USAF.
View All Quotes

About as much as they hated the kc-46 when they first flew it, lol.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:11:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jough43] [#26]
A small start-up small arms ammo loading equipment manufacturer in Southern US has been to Ukraine at least a few times setting up their state of the art equipment.

There's a saying on Wall Street that the market can stay irrational longer than the individual investor can stay solvent.  Russia seems to be a parallel, weirdly self induced.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:48:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Strangely cut video.   May be a Russian suicide with a drone drop for good measure.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:54:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:
Strangely cut video.   May be a Russian suicide with a drone drop for good measure.
View Quote

Weird.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:55:01 AM EDT
[#30]

That's backwards.

In places like North America, Africa, places where agriculture was not mastered, you would see small tribes fighting each other. Small tribes because due to lack of agriculture there weren't that many, and hunter/gatherers woke up in the morning hustling to fish or hunt or whatever to survive. And teh lack of agriculture was the cause of low population density, which helped the Euro nations, mostly the Brits, conquer them so easily.

In Europe agriculture was better then everywhere other then maybe Asia.  When you have efficient agriculture everybody isn't hustling for sustenance. You have spare mouths to feed, like physicists, scientists, musicians, philosophers, printing press manufacturers, monks, knights, men-at-arms, soldiers, mercenaries, artillerymen, sailors, inventors. Whatever.  None of these people existed in the parts of the world where agriculture didnt exist. You need efficient food production for these loafers to get up in the morning and not be hunting or fishing or gathering.  Galileo and Socrates and Richard the Lionheart didn't run around hunting deer or buffalo or building beaver traps.

The Grande Armee of Napoleon could march across the Central European Plain and forage and live off the land because there was food all over the place because farmers were more efficient there then anywhere else in the world.  1/100 a similar number of Iroquois couldn't do that.  

European War saw a large number of very large armies with professional soldiers duking it out in a very small space because of advanced agriculture, not in spite of it.

Plentiful food in Europe resulted in big armies that fought for all sorts of reasons, pride, Royal reasons, God, this kingdom. that kingdom, the Pope said so, Moors coming over the wall, whatever.... but food was not one of them.  Fighting for a watering hole or good hunting ground is North American Amerindian warfare where lack of food meant starvation and annihilation.  Apples/oranges.

You cant have a professional military class that trains all day, and guys that make armor and weapons, and big mass armies without plentiful, advanced agriculture.   If you don't have it, you have tribes of hunter/gatherers who use their dual use hunter skills on each other.  
The largest Napoleonic battle was Leipzig, in 1813. Half a million men fought there.  Big-ass army for a bunch of nations running out of food. The largest Indian Army in North America was Little Big Horn.  1/250 that.  The Zulus of the 1870s could generate maybe 30-40k.
View Quote

Can you come homeschool my kid in about 5 years?

Seriously. Halfway thru reading this it saddened me it’ll be an uphill battle to get a new human to understand like that.

Anyway, Happy thanksgiving all!

Pass some excedrine please
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 9:07:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jough43:
A small start-up small arms ammo loading equipment manufacturer in Southern US has been to Ukraine at least a few times setting up their state of the art equipment.

There's a saying on Wall Street that the market can stay irrational longer than the individual investor can stay solvent.  Russia seems to be a parallel, weirdly self induced.
View Quote

PSA?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Pretty widely being reported that way. Pretty good news. A bad day for Wagner is a good day for Bakhmut.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 9:17:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#33]

View Quote

Still russkie propaganda according to the replies. It’s funny they knock the electrical wiring. Don’t walk around too many gov operations here!
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 9:50:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#34]

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

They should melt the head down into a barely recognizable lump and put the handle through a wood chipper, put it back in the case and send it back to them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:03:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#37]

The Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO)[3] is an intergovernmental military alliance in Eurasia consisting of six post-Soviet states: Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, and Tajikistan. The Collective Security Treaty has its origins in the Soviet Armed Forces, which was replaced in 1992 by the United Armed Forces of the Commonwealth of Independent States, and was then itself replaced by the successor armed forces of the respective independent states.

Similar to Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty and the Inter-American Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance, Article 4 of the Collective Security Treaty (CST) establishes that an aggression against one signatory would be perceived as an aggression against all. The CSTO charter reaffirmed the desire of all participating states to abstain from the use or threat of force. Signatories are prohibited from joining other military alliances.[4]
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:17:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

They should melt the head down into a barely recognizable lump and put the handle through a wood chipper, put it back in the case and send it back to them.
View Quote

Paul Pelosi already put in a bid on it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Weird.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Weird.

Really does make you view them as less than human.

Kill themselves for Putin…I do t think that’s the draw.

The propaganda in these construes is indeed effective.

This the reason that propagandists and enemy “journalists” are legitimate military targets.

This guy is old, but was condition through his life/childhood to form his thinking.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View All Quotes

The Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO)[3] is an intergovernmental military alliance in Eurasia consisting of six post-Soviet states: Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, and Tajikistan. The Collective Security Treaty has its origins in the Soviet Armed Forces, which was replaced in 1992 by the United Armed Forces of the Commonwealth of Independent States, and was then itself replaced by the successor armed forces of the respective independent states.

Similar to Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty and the Inter-American Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance, Article 4 of the Collective Security Treaty (CST) establishes that an aggression against one signatory would be perceived as an aggression against all. The CSTO charter reaffirmed the desire of all participating states to abstain from the use or threat of force. Signatories are prohibited from joining other military alliances.[4]

I'm shocked this didn't happen more after the disaster of the 2020 Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and the inability of Russia to provide any kind of meaningful help.

The sharks are starting to smell Putin's blood in the water..
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Some dirty Putin dick-riders here on GD were hoping the world would condemn Ukraine for a missile landing in Poland….used while trying to fight off a Russian missile barrage on their civilian infrastructure and power grid.

Curse them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#46]

They'd get shot down almost immediately. What makes drones survivable is that they're either hard to detect or they're flying so high that the air defense systems that can hit them are more concerned with other targets. Something the size of an A37 is huge in low altitude drone terms so unless you're going to give them some sort of standoff capability they're going to get gunned down by short range air defense with a quickness. There's off the shelf options that can get the desired effects cheaper than building a new UAS system, associated ground control system, training program, and maintenance program. Unless you really just want to see a trench strafed from the air with a machinegun, which isn't all that effective. HE isn't even really all that effective. Thermobarics and smoke are what you want.
View Quote

No need. Just some $250ish drones with a 5m fragmentation device that can be flown accurately.

An a37 drone will be an easy $25k and will be easy to take down. 100 smart munitions that cMt be avoided would be better.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

I'm shocked this didn't happen more after the disaster of the 2020 Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and the inability of Russia to provide any kind of meaningful help.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

I agree, certainly seems to be developing cracks.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:56:34 AM EDT
[#48]

Hungary even had secret passport centers and encouraged Ukrainians to get Hungarian citizenship for travel and SS benefits. SBU sting shut it down. The whole Ukraine destroying  Hungarian language by making it illegal etc. all Kremlin/Orban ploys while playing the anti immigrant nationalism (immigration from Middle East that was a combined Russian mafia and GRU op. They went around refugee camps and paid/lied to Syrians etc and set up rides to Greece.

Hopefully Orban goes, he's turned Hungary into a Belorussian type arrangement or that's the Russian intent. Easy access to Serbia and Moldova. That was all part of the master plan.
View Quote
Orban certainly is an enigma.  That alone should tell us he's not a good politician.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:57:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#49]
Ukrainian drone deminig operation, they seem to have learned to be at a higher altitude.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5583
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3069 of 5583)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top