Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5585
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Spectacular meltdown… the Russian Channel 1 host woman has a psychological break and starts dropping truth bombs.  She will probably have a fall later today.

It starts at 15 min in and goes for several minutes.  The rest of the hosts are in disbelief.

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:41:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#2]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Talk about a dude who’s seen some shit.

Our Artem Dyblenko is at home! In the course of a large-scale exchange, Ukraine freed from Russian captivity the general director of the information agency "Ukrainian Media Group" Artem Dyblenko ("Crime.NET" and NikLife publications). Since 2014, Artem has been defending Ukraine in the ATO zone, including holding the defense of Donetsk Airport together with other "cyborgs". At the beginning of the full-scale Russian invasion, he went to the defense of Mariupol in the ranks of the 36th separate brigade of marines. In the ranks of the defenders of "Azovstal", he defended the city from the Russian invaders. For his military merits, Dyblenko twice became a Knight of the Order "For Courage". Now he, along with other Heroes of Azovstal, has been returned home. We are proud of our Hero and happy that he is home ❤️🇺🇦
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdM8-TPWYAMNxSj?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdNdul0XoAAnUIi?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdNdlDjWIAgKMJo?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

Get the party started, throw some molotovs on the police
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:46:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chaingun] [#5]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Saudi Arabia did sign a mysterious defense agreement with Russia last year, nobody seems to know what was in it. Putin may have made some friends there.
View Quote

The Saudis chose Russia over the US after watching the rotting potatos Afghanistan debacle, murdering 13 American solders

Now the Saudis see the junk they ordered
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

They're not exactly treating the 200s with reverence and care.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-09-19_14-59-06_jpg-2534372.JPG
View Quote

Oh shit.

Is that a dump truck?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Laydown:
How do you say in Russian * God dammit I already did my time and I'm too old for this Ukraine shit*

Because I'd wager half of these reservists are saying it right about now.

Back to lurking this informative thread.
View Quote

Blyat!
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Dead men walking.

View Quote

Two Weeks!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:51:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

For some reason I got a chuckle out of this, probably due to my own ignorance...But in my mind the missile guidance does all the work and it doesnt need practice. All the human operator does is plug in the numbers and push a button. This could be practiced in a classroom.

Flame suit is on...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Mostly they were to be made into practice rockets.

For some reason I got a chuckle out of this, probably due to my own ignorance...But in my mind the missile guidance does all the work and it doesnt need practice. All the human operator does is plug in the numbers and push a button. This could be practiced in a classroom.

Flame suit is on...

Not going to flame, but you made me chuckle.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

"Have debts!? No problem! We have a nifty tin box waiting for you at the front! Call now!"
View Quote

In Soviet Russia, problem solve you!
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

From what I've heard russians suddenly started asking what the fuck is going on after russian military announced they were withdrawing from occupied territory as the Ukranians advanced, while claiming it was just reorganizing the troops. Russians are very tolerant of the kremlin lies and getting young russian soldiers killed, so long as they are winning for russian pride. But now that the russian soldiers are retreating the russian people are asking what the fuck is actually going on.
View Quote

What ground defense doing?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:04:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#13]

Russian TG Posts

Yes, the Russian authorities chose the day very well. And by tradition, we learn about this from the Ukrainian and Western media. An extremely strange and short-sighted decision to quietly arrange another exchange of inmates from Azovstal and foreign mercenaries, the dominance of which was one of the explanations for the reasons for the mobilization measures. Moreover, many people are especially angry about the fact that they are changing those for whom they threatened to arrange entire tribunals, not to mention the protracted masquerade with the "execution" of foreign mercenaries. https://t.me/rybar/39158

Ukrainian media claim that Viktor Medvedchuk was extradited to Russia as part of the exchange. Everything starts to look like some kind of sur.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By panthermark:
Dead men walking.

Two Weeks!
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif

I doesn't take a long time to learn how to be blown up.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:13:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ITCHY-FINGER] [#16]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:

The Saudis chose Russia over the US after watching the rotting potatos Afghanistan debacle, murdering 13 American solders
View Quote

It MUST be nerve wracking to be a US allie and dependent on US for survival when every 4 years there is the potential for total change of policy. Going from Trump to Xiden? I too would lose all confidence in the American system and try to make deals elsewhere.

No wonder Israel is so agnostic about supporting the USA "no matter what". They can get sold out on any given November.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By sq40:
Spectacular meltdown  the Russian Channel 1 host woman has a psychological break and starts dropping truth bombs.  She will probably have a fall later today.

It starts at 15 min in and goes for several minutes.  The rest of the hosts are in disbelief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7iZY-kLiY
View Quote
I think she is just saying that stuff as a round about way to get people to accept mobilization. "This is serious, and your sons must die to protect the motherland".
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#18]

It MUST be nerve wracking to be a US allie and dependent on US for survival when every 4 years there is the potential for total change of policy. Going from Trump to Xiden? I too would lose all confidence in the American system and try to make deals elsewhere.
View Quote

And that in fact is our single biggest foreign policy problem, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Sigh.

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:33:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#22]
ISW assessment for September 21st.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-september-21
View All Quotes
ISW assessment for September 21st.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-september-21

That was a good read.

Also, for the people who are wetting the bed about the chances of this going nuclear, please read this:

Putin emphatically did not say that the Russian nuclear umbrella would cover annexed areas of Ukraine nor did he tie mobilization to the annexation. He addressed partial mobilization, annexation referenda in Russian-occupied areas of Ukraine, and the possibility of nuclear war in his speech—but as separate topics rather than a coherent whole. The fact that he mentioned all three topics in a single speech was clearly meant to suggest a linkage, but he went out of his way to avoid making any such linkage explicit.

Putin framed his comments about the possibility of Russian nuclear weapons use in the context of supposed Western threats to use nuclear weapons against Russia. He claimed that Western officials were talking about “the possibility and permissibility of using weapons of mass destruction—nuclear weapons—against Russia.” He continued, “I wish to remind those who allow themselves such statements about Russia that our country also has various means of attack...”  His comment on this topic concludes by noting that Russia would use all means at its disposal in response to a threat to “the territorial integrity of our country, for the defense of Russia and our people.” That comment could be interpreted as applying in advance to the soon-to-be annexed areas of occupied Ukraine, but its placement in the speech and context do not by any means make such an interpretation obvious. Nor is Putin’s language in making this comment different from formal Kremlin policy or from previous statements by Russian officials. Putin’s speech should not be read as an explicit threat that Russia would use nuclear weapons against Ukraine if Ukraine continues counter-offensives against occupied territories after annexation.

That is correct. Everyone has been screaming all day about how Russia is threatening to nuke us. But I watched his speech and he said exactly what was described in the above assessment. His talk about using nukes was in response to some crazy, hypothetical situation involving the west using nukes against them. He never said he would nuke the west for continuing to help Ukraine. And he never specifically said he would nuke Ukraine if they continued their offensive following the referendums. The news media seems to like to lead with that headline however to get people worked up and tuning in.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Air- launched MK-54 torpedo. Drop from 30k ft 50nm away. Now in full rate production. HAAWC.

I’d much rather give Ukr one single P8 vs a squadron of old F-16s. Opens up dramatic new capabilities, not marginal ones.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Originally Posted By stgdz:
So in regards to mlrs systems, is there any plans for using rocket assisted torpedo's?  Launch from a himars parachute into a location where an enemy sub may be and use active sonar to find it.

Probably stupid but probably thought of.

Air- launched MK-54 torpedo. Drop from 30k ft 50nm away. Now in full rate production. HAAWC.

I’d much rather give Ukr one single P8 vs a squadron of old F-16s. Opens up dramatic new capabilities, not marginal ones.

I'm thinking taiwan
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#24]

No wonder Israel is so agnostic about supporting the USA "no matter what". They can get sold out on any given November.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:

Israel ALWAYS gets their freeloading money from us.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:41:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Will the Azov commanders return to the field?
View Quote

It looks like five officers, including the Azov commander and chief of staff, will stay in Turkey till the end of the war.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Rumor has it that Sweden is considering sending Archers to Ukraine. I hope they send some CV90s, too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
Rumor has it that Sweden is considering sending Archers to Ukraine. I hope they send some CV90s, too.
View Quote

I hope so too, for more than one reason. I want to see how the Archer performs under combat conditions. It seems like many think we'll eventually adopt either the Archer or French CAESAR as a wheeled SPH to accompany our Medium Brigades (Stryker) in place of the towed M777. This war should be a good head to head comparison on how each performs.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Spectacular meltdown… the Russian Channel 1 host woman has a psychological break and starts dropping truth bombs.  She will probably have a fall later today.

View Quote

Whoa… is Olga doing Opposite Day?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:06:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By j_hooker:

Whoa  is Olga doing Opposite Day?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By j_hooker:
Spectacular meltdown  the Russian Channel 1 host woman has a psychological break and starts dropping truth bombs.  She will probably have a fall later today.

Whoa  is Olga doing Opposite Day?
I think she was hitting the bottle before air time and decided "awe fuck it"
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#30]
NAFO and other trolls are hanging on a claim that Lavrov is defecting on twitter..lol
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:19:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
NAFO and other trolls are hanging on a claim that Lavrov is defecting on twitter..lol
View Quote

That’s probably a person of Putins sphere that wants to stay on the ground floor of buildings too.   Well, that should go to many Oligarchs.

Checkin in person at hotel: “hi, it appears that the Russian Federation upgraded your stay to the penthouse suit”

Russian Oligarch pauses for a second.” You know, I think I will just sleep on that couch here in the lobby.”
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:35:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

Hypothetically, let’s say I had a detail recover the remains of a hundred KIA GIs in Normandy or the Bulge.

What do you think that looks like?
View Quote

That was 1944.

This is 2022
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

That was 1944.

This is 2022
View Quote

It wouldn't make the tiniest bit of difference what year it was with casualties of that magnitude.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#34]
It occurs to me that Russia doesn't control the entirety of any oblast. If they're conducting a referendum, anybody who had a residence there should get a vote. Everybody who fled the Russians in 2014 should get to vote, and everybody else that fled this year. Ukraine should tally up the "no" votes from all the refugees from Kherson, Zhaporozhzhia, Luhansk, Donetsk and publicize them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:55:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

It looks like five officers, including the Azov commander and chief of staff, will stay in Turkey till the end of the war.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alex9661:
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Will the Azov commanders return to the field?

That is what the law requires.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:55:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

You asked what I thought, not what I knew.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Circuits:
Originally Posted By CharlieR:
Um, no.
Look, Ill bash Russians with the rest of them, but if you dont have a frame of reference for how it's done right, then how do you know otherwise?

You asked what I thought, not what I knew.

@Circuits @CharlieR

Don't fret. I was paying attention to your earlier posts about the chip market (which seems to be your forte, can't imagine why).

Everyone has something to give to the thread. Some takes are better than others, but this is our modern day version of the town square. For any given subject, somebody is more technically correct than somebody else. It is what it is.

BUT, it is better to talk and get it out there than it is to remain silent. "Well, like, that's just your opinion...man".

Meanwhile, the only objectively TERRIBLE thing we can do IMO, is swing purses and try to have a dick measuring contest HERE, while real decisions are being made in Washington, right now.

There are probably a bunch of tired staffers in DC taking calls from crackpots every day; imagine if somebody called (even in a personal capacity) and became a non-attributable RESOURCE for our decision makers? That would be fucking cool. They are probably a bunch of kids and "should" welcome the help.

In other words, what could happen if Congress read and followed this thread? We don't have to imagine.

Write or call TODAY. Be concise, be helpful, and be kind, but offer what you have to give. It makes us all "feel" a little better to put our thoughts on an internet forum, but imagine what could happen if the right people knew the right things in enough time?

It's a small chance, but that beats the alternative. I wish to God I was a lottery winner, or I would fly a lot of you guys to Ukraine or Poland myself, so you could put all that good experience to work.

And I know we have 10x as many lurkers as posters. If I had Elon Musk money I would be putting together the "Flying Tigers 2.0", I don't care if you peeled potatoes in 1993, there is something of value there.😥
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:55:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
It occurs to me that Russia doesn't control the entirety of any oblast. If they're conducting a referendum, anybody who had a residence there should get a vote. Everybody who fled the Russians in 2014 should get to vote, and everybody else that fled this year. Ukraine should tally up the "no" votes from all the refugees from Kherson, Zhaporozhzhia, Luhansk, Donetsk and publicize them.
View Quote

Dude. It's going to be 80% vote join to russia, it doesn't matter who votes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:05:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By R0N:

I would hope he was not a FA guy because the Arty stuff he posted often contained incorrect information
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Another great idea from Thomas C. Theiner (who had a bunch of explainer threads on M777 and SPH systems because he was former Italian Army artillery):

I would support this proposal 237%.

I would hope he was not a FA guy because the Arty stuff he posted often contained incorrect information

I wasn't FA, so I don't know precisely, but I think he did a good job of getting the basics out there in a digestible manner, and even some higher level concepts that are real voodoo magic for anyone outside the military.

Also, let's give him some small credit, his time in service might have been a few years ago, too.

I mean, even Trent Telenko (the Chinese tires, and pallets and forklifts, guy) has been dragged for his own takes on other subjects, but I don't think that should stop us from following those posters. (Tweeters? Twatts?)

I mean, come on, incorrect information attracts corrections like flies to steaming shit. I think most of us are a bit more credulous to sit back and remember that some rando on the internet doesn't have the keys to the kingdom.

My soul gets a little more black every day when somebody (who means well) tweets something like "we should give space-based lasers to Ukraine NOW, because...[insert bad take here]!"

But at least people are talking about and debating the issues of the day. And Ukraine vs Russia is a pretty big one.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:07:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
I think she is just saying that stuff as a round about way to get people to accept mobilization. "This is serious, and your sons must die to protect the motherland".
View Quote

That's a good point.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:12:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Are you ready to die in Ukraine?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Putin''s Partial Mobilisation (it''s disastrous)
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:22:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

I hope so too, for more than one reason. I want to see how the Archer performs under combat conditions. It seems like many think we'll eventually adopt either the Archer or French CAESAR as a wheeled SPH to accompany our Medium Brigades (Stryker) in place of the towed M777. This war should be a good head to head comparison on how each performs.
View All Quotes

YES. Sweden has been neutral for >100 years, it would be useful to "reward" them for joining the NATO alliance with some Saab Griffin and Archer sales to other countries.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:37:44 AM EDT
[#43]

YES. Sweden has been neutral for >100 years, it would be useful to "reward" them for joining the NATO alliance with some Saab Griffin and Archer sales to other countries.
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/CarefreePlayfulEastrussiancoursinghounds-663.gif
View All Quotes

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/CarefreePlayfulEastrussiancoursinghounds-663.gif
The amount of shoot and scoot in this war is going to make SPG development and deploy go WAY up.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:00:02 AM EDT
[#44]
The amount of shoot and scoot in this war is going to make SPG development and deploy go WAY up.
View Quote

We're getting to crazy levels of tactical/topographical fire control interaction when we start combining directed and autonomous drone infotakes and field scouting reports.

Basically, any mobile asset needs to not only be mobile, but *constantly* mobile. Get a fire mission, you plant and punch, then get back to scootin'. We need you again, you'll get new target coordinates over the net, plant, punch, rinse and repeat.

Very different from how we've conducted warfare in past decades.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:03:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Veccio] [#45]

Blyat!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Laydown:
How do you say in Russian * God dammit I already did my time and I'm too old for this Ukraine shit*

Because I'd wager half of these reservists are saying it right about now.

Back to lurking this informative thread.

Blyat!
Pashol nahui! Polniy pizdets ,,special military operation".  
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:03:30 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Towed howitzers are dinosaurs
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:05:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Biden accuses Russia of ''overt nuclear threats,'' violating U.N. charter
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:15:10 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

There was an engagement during the battle of Gettysburg where a gun and caisson crew were falling back with enemy forces trying to get to them.  They pulled their gun and caisson with a guy reloading it (those crews were large), stop, fire at the chasing enemy, get to rolling again, repeat.  Early concept
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:30:45 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

not really, when used in firebases like we did in afghanistan that covered an AO, towed artillery worked perfect. But if you are moving frontlines and shooting and moving then mobile artillery is King.  An army needs both to be effective
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:35:38 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I think you’re right, especially the fast development of loitering suicide drones.  I personally believe the UA has demonstrated a dynamic shift to the way war is fought.  I never though last year I would be watching videos everyday of the technology that abounds on the front:  You’re not even safe in a tench or foxhole now with drone dropped ammunition.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5585
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top