Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2021 5:02:57 AM EDT
So work mandated the vax by Oct 1st. Having had a previous history of Guillian Barre Syndrome, I had put off getting the Vax, as my Neurologist who oversaw my care during GBS said to not get vaccinated again as I was at a higher risk for a Guillian Barre relapse.

So this Dr. is in his mid 80's and still practicing, I knew he wouldn't give me any BS. He had some choice words for the CDC, and Fauci. He said there was an increased risk of me getting GBS from this or any vax, so he couldn't with a good conscience recommend it. He said years down the road when there was more data, he may change his mind, but at this point, he would advise not to get it.

Long story short, I have a valid medical exemption!
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:08:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Also a GBS survivor (still suffering from it actually). I just read a personal account yesterday about someone getting GBS a second time after receiving the vaccine.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:09:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Wise thing to do. I think besides neural problems, the vaccine may aggravate epithelial problems. No one knows.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:13:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Your tattoo will start with the letters, GBS.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:20:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome op
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:29:47 AM EDT
[#5]
You should quit your job anyway
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:34:19 AM EDT
[#6]
But wait, I read in another thread that old people are senile, slow and stupid; you should get a second opinion from a young sporty millennial doctor.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:38:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Good to hear. I wish all docs were as honest as yours.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:40:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your tattoo will start with the letters, GBS.
View Quote

Maybe I'll get a special tent at the camp!
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:43:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Also a GBS survivor (still suffering from it actually). I just read a personal account yesterday about someone getting GBS a second time after receiving the vaccine.
View Quote

It's a hell of a thing to go through, and didn't want to take a chance of getting it again if I can avoid it. Wish you all thebest in recovery. It took me about 9 months to fully recover, that was after a month in the hospital with daily plasmapheresis treatments.

My Dr. did say if I show any covid symptoms to get a PCR test and if postivie to demand an infusion treatment (he also put notes in my chart to request it).
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:53:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Are you hiding vaccine deniers under your floor boards?
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:21:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:41:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Since the communist disease control division of the democrats changed the definition of what a vaccine is it is no longer a vaccine and those sheep who got it aren’t actually vaccinated anyway.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Insanity.  “I’m happy I have medical problems!”

How is it people fail to effectively use the word “no”?
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#14]
None of the Covid doomers have chimed in, they must be occupied in their new sub forum.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:29:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
But wait, I read in another thread that old people are senile, slow and stupid; you should get a second opinion from a young sporty millennial doctor.
View Quote

"You should get the vaccine, like, because it's, like, for your own good and, like, the good of everyone else, like, you know?"
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I heard that one already from a non-medical kibitzer-dipshit acquaintance when they overheard me say my MD told me not to get the mRNA jab due to my previous condition I shall not name in a public internet forum

"Well, then you should find a new doctor..."

Yeah, told them they should go to medical school and complete an internship,  the I can tell them to FUCK OFF after they do...until then, FUCK OFF ANYWAY
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#17]
My doc isn’t vaxed, nor is his family.  That’s a sign for me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:34:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Will your employer recognize it?  I can easily see a company just rejecting any exemptions with the belief any court proceedings will fall in their favor.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Will your employer recognize it?  I can easily see a company just rejecting any exemptions with the belief any court proceedings will fall in their favor.
View Quote

Submitted yesterday, we shall see.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Submitted yesterday, we shall see.

View Quote

Best of luck OP.

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

MIL almost died from GBS.  She was told no vax ever after that.
View Quote

That's what the Neurologist who oversaw my case told me as well (Same Dr. I saw yesterday). That was 15 years ago, so I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page because of the new method of creating the vaccines, he said the risk is def. still there.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:47:29 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm in stage 3 kidney failure. I'm not taking any chances getting the jab.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#24]
GD: Impossible

[derp] Doctors. Big Pharma. Horse paste. Hoax[/derp]
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:55:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Politics and medicine never mix
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Get a Note from your Doctor to that effect and if Work says that you must still get the Vaxx then tell them that they will hear from your lawyer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:22:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Get a Note from your Doctor to that effect and if Work says that you must still get the Vaxx then tell them that they will hear from your lawyer.
View Quote

That's what I did. Work gave me an ADA medical accommodation form, my Dr. filled it out. If work doesn't accept it, it's an ADA issue at that point.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So work mandated the vax by Oct 1st. Having had a previous history of Guillian Barre Syndrome, I had put off getting the Vax, as my Neurologist who oversaw my care during GBS said to not get vaccinated again as I was at a higher risk for a Guillian Barre relapse.

So this Dr. is in his mid 80's and still practicing, I knew he wouldn't give me any BS. He had some choice words for the CDC, and Fauci. He said there was an increased risk of me getting GBS from this or any vax, so he couldn't with a good conscience recommend it. He said years down the road when there was more data, he may change his mind, but at this point, he would advise not to get it.

Long story short, I have a valid medical exemption!
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#29]
So this Dr. is in his mid 80's and still practicing,
View Quote

Don't listen to this boomer, he probably still drills holes in people's heads... You should listen to the media and the CDC, they have done more modern research, and you can trust their impartial opinion.

Congrats on the medical exemption!
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Should have had him just fill a vaccine card out for you and squirt it in the sink.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 11:00:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Good info.
As a GBS survivor I will not be jabbed again.
The flu vaccine did it last time.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

No not all old people are Joe Biden, but then again, Joe was all of those things before getting old. So there's that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#34]
The last 3 vaccines I got gave me severe muscle spasm around my eyes, bad enough to effect my quality of life and vision. Each time it took months to "go away" but it never really completely went away, since it occasionally reoccurs.

This happened ~20 years ago, then  ~14 years ago, then ~11 years ago. This was long before I became anti-vax.

I'll say I was a bit slow to understand what was happening and connect the dots.

I won't be getting any further vaccines.

This is my hill to die on.

As to the covid vaccines... I know 2 people who had heart attacks immediately after the Fauxci Rape Needle.

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I did Nazi that joke coming.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Floorboards Scene - Inglourious Basterds

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Good info.
As a GBS survivor I will not be jabbed again.
The flu vaccine did it last time.
View Quote

Same thing happened to my mom. She's been advised by every medical professional she's ever talked to about it to never get any vaccination again. I seem to remember her saying that odds of getting it again go from somewhere around 1 in 250,000 to 1 in 20. Not very good odds.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#38]
My father was a GBS survivor. Full quadriplegic, months in the hospital, never quite fully recovered, but mostly. Was able to walk etc, but had some issues with his feet and calves to the day he died from unrelated issues (5 years). 2 others in my neighborhood have had it, father and daughter, 3 years later and the daughter is still suffering from it. I have seen a lot more cases, or heard of rather, in recent years. Makes you wonder...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top