Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Let's put it this way:

It's easily identifiable as yours

You can't forget something that bright

No one would want to steal it

No one would assume you have expensive gear.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#2]

My Midway bag has held up well over the last few years...I load it up heavy and no issues.
I  like the design and allows me to carry the stuff I want.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#3]
The Hafner Pro Shooters bag was the best I’ve ever seen. Unfortunately, I believe they went out of business a few years ago. I still have one of their bags that I’m still using that is over 25 years old.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Needs medical and a tourniquet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag...or the system version, which comes with a removal ammo tote that also makes it easy to slide two more pistols inside, increasing the number to four that can each be in their own divider in the main compartment...plus two more zippered pouches.  And of course, lots of pockets on the outside, including a mag pocket that has another spot to hold a pistol in an isolated sleeve.

The system version is pretty much the same as the 5.11 Range Ready bad, but for less.  My 5.11 bag:

https://i.imgur.com/LMv8aiw.jpg

And the stuff that's always in it, before I start throwing in guns, ammo, mags, etc:

https://i.imgur.com/5Oiue8Y.jpg

Needs medical and a tourniquet.

Boo boo stuff is in the ziplock on right.  Sealed brick-size thing next to it is a trauma kit, from a LEO buddy whose agency was dumping the expired kits, whatever that means.

But yeah, as noted in another thread, I had an accident at the range last weekend while alone and it was a bloody shitshow, and opening that trauma kit with bloody hands was not an option, so I have since upgraded the med stuff.  I also changed the zipper pull tabs on that pocket to bright red paracord, because I am old and forgetful.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:19:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's a very nice bag.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I use an Eberlystock range bag.  I would consider it Tier One.

That's a very nice bag.

It replaced a 30-year-old Waller that just fell apart.  Worth every penny.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:22:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Perfect, thank you @LAKELLY

I am looking at the Emdom/MM Extended Mission Bag and it says preorder, but there is no info on the page regarding expected fulfillment times. Any idea how their ordering system works?

https://www.emdomusa.com/Emdom-MM-TNT-Extended-Mission-Bag-p/eu135.htm?1=1&CartID=1
View Quote

sortofwant.jpg
I wonder where it's actually made? It looks nice.
I need a 11x17 or bigger main compartment to fit my self-printed targets.
I use this 511 bag in a similar size. https://www.511tactical.com/patrol-ready.html I like it, and mine lasts for years but I don't exactly test it's limits. It's a very nice bag for $60, but I wouldn't call it tier 1 gear.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:28:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Boyt
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:35:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've been rocking an LAPG bag for like 10+ years for my basic "kit".
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:53:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I have these big ass wooden crates.  Heavy as fuck when loaded with 6 rifles, plus mags and ammo.  It was a lot easier when I had my kids to help me lug that stuff around.  It's not that these crates were the end all be all of long arm transport, but I did have some Tier One guys helping me carry them about.  Damn, I miss these kids.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:55:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/ku4QIgI.jpg

My Midway bag has held up well over the last few years...I load it up heavy and no issues.
I  like the design and allows me to carry the stuff I want.
View Quote

Nice bag, but how do you like your Chute? I had one for a few months and the water tasted foul even with regular washing. Thought it was just that model, then bought a Chute Magnet 50z. Same thing, even tried a baby bottle scrubber
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:03:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No one would want to steal it

View Quote

You don't spend enough time in GD.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:13:32 AM EDT
[#12]
What does your range day consist of? I run a tactical tailor competition bag. Have my markers staple gun linesman pliers stickers mags and such in there. Match ammo that gets carried in small quantities go in the bag ammo cans... Well those go in the truck.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:16:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag...or the system version, which comes with a removal ammo tote that also makes it easy to slide two more pistols inside, increasing the number to four that can each be in their own divider in the main compartment...plus two more zippered pouches.  And of course, lots of pockets on the outside, including a mag pocket that has another spot to hold a pistol in an isolated sleeve.

The system version is pretty much the same as the 5.11 Range Ready bad, but for less.  My 5.11 bag:

And the stuff that's always in it, before I start throwing in guns, ammo, mags, etc:

View Quote

This is the ticket
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:23:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Been using Bagmaster bags for over 20 years.  Made in usa, quality materials, logical layouts, cant be beat.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:36:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I have 3 5.11 range bags. 2 small bags and 1 large one..
Large one used for rifles mostly.
Small one used for pistols for quarterly qualifying.
Other small one holds all of girl friends gun stuff(cleaning kit,Maglula loader,gloves and Glock mags )
They hold everything you can carry and are good quality.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 3:50:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Perfect, thank you @LAKELLY

I am looking at the Emdom/MM Extended Mission Bag and it says preorder, but there is no info on the page regarding expected fulfillment times. Any idea how their ordering system works?

https://www.emdomusa.com/Emdom-MM-TNT-Extended-Mission-Bag-p/eu135.htm?1=1&CartID=1
View Quote
I'm not sure of the lead times as it's been awhile since I ordered a preorder. I will tell you that around Christmas time last year when everything was screwed up because of Covid, I ordered a few products that were in stock at like 2:00-3:00 in the morning, he replied to the auto generated order email at like 6:00 in the morning, and the box was on my porch like 3 days later. His service is without a doubt Tier 1!

The link you included is the exact bag I use and the quality is definitely high end. I originally bought it to use as a diaper bag fully intending that it would eventually be used as a range bag. My little guy is 8 now, and the bag still looks pretty much brand new. I probably have 6-7 of their products and they're my first stop when I'm in search of buy once, cry once nylon.

Lastly, on the off chance that you're unhappy with it for some reason, they hold their value like crazy on the secondary market and it would move fast!
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:10:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

sortofwant.jpg
I wonder where it's actually made? It looks nice.
I need a 11x17 or bigger main compartment to fit my self-printed targets.
I use this 511 bag in a similar size. https://www.511tactical.com/patrol-ready.html I like it, and mine lasts for years but I don't exactly test it's limits. It's a very nice bag for $60, but I wouldn't call it tier 1 gear.
View Quote
I looked all over the bag and the MM Field Mat that I pulled out of it, and I couldn't find where they're made. All I found was the logo label...

Attachment Attached File

Seeing the Endom/MM Field Mat reminded me that there's a bunch of in-depth reviews at www.militarymorons.com.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:15:56 AM EDT
[#18]
I have the large and small 5.11 range bags.  They have served me well for about 5 years now.  I also have a Midway range bag and that is worth the bucks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:22:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Strictly for cleaning supplies, I found this Walmart bag..

Fits 5 of these bottles perfectly, in the center zip..

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:28:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nice bag, but how do you like your Chute? I had one for a few months and the water tasted foul even with regular washing. Thought it was just that model, then bought a Chute Magnet 50z. Same thing, even tried a baby bottle scrubber
View Quote

It was alright, but on a hot day, water got pee warm. I've since replaced it with an insulated bottle...much better.
hydracell
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#21]
I have one that is made by Eagle. It has held up for years, and often has 50 plus pounds of ammo inside.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 5:36:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Good job on telling us who made that pack.

13'ers strike again.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 5:46:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

13'ers strike again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

13'ers strike again.

You could copy and paste into image search and find it pretty easily. Kind of like the BOD forum

Quoted:
Quoted:

Who makes the bag and what model is it?

GPS tall target pack I think. Been a while.

Sku: GPS-T1913BPPMB
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 11:18:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I looked all over the bag and the MM Field Mat that I pulled out of it, and I couldn't find where they're made. All I found was the logo label...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343990/C9BC0A9F-6BB4-4F9D-A148-AE3F63771AE7_jpe-1944111.JPG

Seeing the Endom/MM Field Mat reminded me that there's a bunch of in-depth reviews at www.militarymorons.com.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343990/C9BC0A9F-6BB4-4F9D-A148-AE3F63771AE7_jpe-1944111.JPG

Thanks for checking. I emailed Emdom and they said overseas. It's disappointing that at this price level.

Thank you for your order. The TNT Extended Mission bag is made overseas.

Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:38:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thanks for checking. I emailed Emdom and they said overseas. It's disappointing that at this price level.

View Quote

I ended up ordering the extended mission bag and you are right, at that price point, I would have liked for it to be made here in the USA. 6 - 8 week lead time on fulfillment, so if anyone is looking to buy, I recommend jumping in soon as you will have a wait.

In the meantime, I ordered the Vertx range bag to hold me over until the Emdom bag arrives later this summer.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#26]
10 years old and still kicking.

Don't overthink it.

I also loath soft sided bags.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#27]

I use a similar offering from craftsman.  Open top tool totes are the way to go.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Plastic Walmart grocery store bag
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is a great bag!
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:02:29 AM EDT
[#30]
I hate black range bags, it’s impossible to find small items inside them when you need them.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:17:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I hate black range bags, it’s impossible to find small items inside them when you need them.
View Quote

Fair point.  

I like black bags and cases since I live in a suburban area and they don't scream tactical.  They also are almost unnoticeable in the back of my hardtop jeep.  No trunk, but factory-tinted windows, so it all just looks dark when they are in there.

But yeah, finding small things, that's a downside.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#32]
I use the big Midway range bag and am very happy with it.  Quality zippers plus velcro on the top "flap".  I carry everything from tools, ear pro, spotting scope, cleaning rods, oil, grease, basically anything I might need at the range.  I carry my guns and ammo seperately so I can tailor that for each range trip.  But the big Midway bag goes every time and the contents never change.

My wife wanted one of these GPS bags for Christmas.  She carries everything she needs for a range trip in it.  She's in the local "Well Armed Woman" group and a couple of those ladies have bought the same bag.

Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Boo boo stuff is in the ziplock on right.  Sealed brick-size thing next to it is a trauma kit, from a LEO buddy whose agency was dumping the expired kits, whatever that means.

https://i.imgur.com/TtFczm2.jpg

But yeah, as noted in another thread, I had an accident at the range last weekend while alone and it was a bloody shitshow, and opening that trauma kit with bloody hands was not an option, so I have since upgraded the med stuff.  I also changed the zipper pull tabs on that pocket to bright red paracord, because I am old and forgetful.

View Quote

I carry a seperate first aid kit in the truck, part of the emergency stuff thats always there.  My wife is a retired nurse and I had her stock it.
It's been needed more than once at the range.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#34]
I also have the large Midway competition bag.  It's plenty roomy enough to haul a lot of stuff.  I did discover one drawback--it's not rifle muzzle blast resistant.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Any bag is fine. I was gifted a nice Beretta range bag and I like it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My wife wanted one of these GPS bags for Christmas.  She carries everything she needs for a range trip in it.  She's in the local "Well Armed Woman" group and a couple of those ladies have bought the same bag.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/33552/83162-1947908.jpg
View Quote

Damn shame it took two pages and a spouse to get the best bag.

Somebody here did a YouTube video review-best bag ever. Period.

The only thing better would be made in the USA!
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what Ive been using for a year or two. Pretty good set up. Not perfect, but I haven’t found better
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have one that is made by Eagle. It has held up for years, and often has 50 plus pounds of ammo inside.
View Quote

Eagle was a fantastic company, their stuff literally never broke, ever. I have 25yr packs, pouches, bags that don't even have wear on them, most used very heavily.

Waller was another company that made great bags.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#39]
The 5.11 range ready bag is probably one of my biggest gear related disappointments ever. No rifle magazines pouches or bands, no compartment pouches or dividing. Just a big, bulky open bag with a bunch of pistol mag slots.

My Orca Tactical range bag is much nicer. Just wish they make a larger one.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Damn shame it took two pages and a spouse to get the best bag.

Somebody here did a YouTube video review-best bag ever. Period.

The only thing better would be made in the USA!
View Quote

I have this bag and it is not the best bag. It is fine for range days when I am only shooting handguns, but it lacks enough room for everything I want to take when shooting long guns. That said, if I am only shooting handguns, this is my go-to bag for those trips.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 1:08:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I have this bag and it is not the best bag. It is fine for range days when I am only shooting handguns, but it lacks enough room for everything I want to take when shooting long guns. That said, if I am only shooting handguns, this is my go-to bag for those trips.
View Quote

Brother, if you need more than that bag holds, you don't need a bag-you need a wheelbarrow.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top