Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 11:12:12 PM EDT
The other day I get a service call and when I walk in to this house there are MANY pics of FORMER democrat presidents. I ask the customer, I take it you arent voting for Bush this year?

She went off on a rant about how the democrats are THE political party and the whole tirade against Republicans. She asked me my party affiliation ... I told her I dont care for politics.

(one thing I dont talk about is religion and/or politics with my customers)

now I am looking at this 65.00 check and wondering, should I just endorse it over to the RNC for shits and giggles???

Can I do that legally?

Will I lose them as customers?

Should I care?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it would be awful funny. What democratic presidents did she have? Klinton? Carter? Wilson?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Just sneak over and shoot some R134 into her AC system.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think it would be awful funny. What democratic presidents did she have? Klinton? Carter? Wilson?

Clinton Carter and other BIG name Democrats Gray davis, jesse jackson and OUR FAVORITE Kerry.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:22:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just sneak over and shoot some R134 into her AC system.

How about just about 2 cups of water with a R22 push? No no no... I am not THAT malicious.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't see why you couldn't.  It would be funny, but only if they receive a thank you from the RNC.  If you lose them as a customer, tough shit!  Does it really matter?  You have to make that decision.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:24:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Clinton Carter and other BIG name Democrats Gray davis, jesse jackson and OUR FAVORITE Kerry.

Ugh.. When i first read your quote I assumed it was the classical democrats like FDR and Kennedy, but if she has Kerry she is truly out of her gord, get her back for all of us at ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:25:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't do it. Too many laws that can be intepreted too many ways depending on the political bias of the person in charge.

Instead, cash it and anonymously sign her up for a complimentary NRA membership.  She may also enjoy a gift subscription to the limbaugh letter or national review online in honor of independence day.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:25:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She sounds like a real tool.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:28:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The other day I get a service call and when I walk in to this house there are MANY pics of FORMER democrat presidents. I ask the customer, I take it you arent voting for Bush this year?

She went off on a rant about how the democrats are THE political party and the whole tirade against Republicans. She asked me my party affiliation ... I told her I dont care for politics.

now I am looking at this 65.00 check and wondering, should I just endorse it over to the RNC for shits and giggles???

Can I do that legally?

Will I lose them as customers?

Should I care?

Hell, I'm a Democrat and I don't give two shits what you do with your money.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Did ya hit it?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:43:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I faced a similar situation a few years ago. A client had just written me a cheque when a Boy Scout appeared at the door. She told the poor kid she couldn't support the BSA because they discriminated against gays. I picked up the cheque, endorsed it and handed it to the kid. Right in front of the client.

In any case, it's perfectly legal. If the cheque has your name on it, it's your money*, to do with as you wish.

*Assuming it doesn't bounce. Which, considering she's a liberal, certainly isn't beyond the realm of possibility.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 12:23:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I ask the customer, I take it you arent voting for Bush this year?

Smell the contradiction??
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 10:38:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Send it to the NRA
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Now THAT is a fine idea!
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#16]
have you considered drugging her and then cutting her head off
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Anoymously mail her Arab literature that shows that women are not allowed to discuss politics with men, and the punishment is stoning.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Did ya hit it?

I did that once, she called the cops and reported I did some work for her and didnt finish the job.
Link Posted: 5/15/2004 1:33:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No. no contradiction at all... making a smart ass comment and actually engaging in political discussion are two totally different things.

oh and about hitting it? Ugh... no thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top