Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 8:50:37 PM EDT
Some liberal was mentioning how the war is for oil worldwide and brought up our "involvement" with the attempted coup in Venezuela to oust Chavez.

Can anyone tell me what this was really about?  Any real inside info so I can respond?  

I've searched high and low for some links, but they're all the same garbage.

Thanks,
Adam
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Some liberal was mentioning how the war is for oil worldwide and brought up our "involvement" with the attempted coup in Venezuela to oust Chavez.

Can anyone tell me what this was really about?  Any real inside info so I can respond?  

I've searched high and low for some links, but they're all the same garbage.

Thanks,
Adam

Chavez is a freakin COMMIE

There was a coup attempt, unfortunately it failed...

Libs, of course, blame us for meddling, which probably isn't too far off. We have a history of hastening the fall of commie dicators in SA countries...
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I saw one link that mentioned his Marxism and affiliation with certain countries because of it, but nothing real good that I could use against a liberal, since they're commies themselves.  This clown mentioned how great this guy was because he has all these social programs.  I'm all for getting him out, and too bad it didn't work.  I just wanted a rebutal.  Damn
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:52:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Ask your friend for proof that the US was involved.  There was a coup attempt (about two years ago) where the venezuelan opposition captured Chavez, but then caved in to international pressure and freed him.  It's really too bad they didn't just kill him.  It would have saved Venezuela a lot of suffering.  Chavez, trying to play the anti-USA sympathy card, said it must have been the United States who orchestrated it.  He never showed any proof, of course.

It is internationally recognized that Chavez is a pathological liar.

Ironically, Chavez himself led a failed coup attempt back around 1992 or 1993.  Ask your friend if the USA orchestrated that one too.

Simple answer is:
Venezuela is so corrupt it could have made Al Capone jealous.  Coup attempts, assasinations, extortion, embezzling, etc are as much a part of Venezuelan culture as coffee and beer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top