Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 2:29:08 PM EDT
In July I'm moving from Massachusetts to Las Vegas,Nevada.I'm looking for input from anyone who lives in Vegas that moved there from another state and how they like it there.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Coming from Mass. you'll see that the gun laws are GREAT.  Taxes are a lot better too.  The climate is fine if you can handle the heat.  Only real problem I see now is that the real estate is ridiculously inflated due to the Californians.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome!!!!  You will love it here, the weather is hot but we don't have state income tax and this is a shall issue ccw state.  We have Lake Mead and Mt. Charleston all within an hour of wherever you are.

IM me if you have any specific questions, I have lived here 27 years.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Real estate prices can't be any worse than here in Mass. The average 3 bedroom house here is $220,000 and I'm 40 miles from Boston (outside the metro area).The gun laws here really suck.
And I love guns.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah Wolfpack I'm in Leominster....25 minutes north of Worcester.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#6]
low taxes, low-to-medium cost of living, huge growth, decent firearm laws as well as very low hurdles to carry IN town.
And enough cheap prime rib that your heart will quit before your wallet does.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Only bad thing I know is if you use Cox broadband and end up on headend 91 you can get shitty service sometime.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet!  Hope you like it in NV
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Sgt,
Speaking as a former subject of the Occupied Commonwealth of Massachusetts, you'll love the Free Western States.  

Good luck on your move,
Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top