Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/12/2004 2:29:23 PM EDT
She is burning a bunch of leaves, sticks and crap, no big deal.

About 5 minutes later I hear a "KAAAAFWWWWHOOOOOSHHHH-TUMMMBBBP! and her yelling.

I look out the window and see her running away from the fire and a 4 gallon plastic gas can on the ground on fire!

I took my hose and knocked the fire out off the can.

She had taken the gas can and poured the gas on the HOT EMBERS of the fire "to get it going again".

The fire went up the gas stream and into the can and did a mini-fireball.

I asked her how full the gas can was, she said it was full when she started.
I told her that she got lucky, that it probably would have exploded had it been almost empty.

Her gloves kept her hands from getting burned.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Dumb bitch.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
STUPID!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Why does someone always have to interupt the process of Natural Selection.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Darwin award winner.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#6]
wheres the thank you sex?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Brrrring       brrrrring       brrring

"Mr. Darwin can't come to the phone right now..."
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Shouldn't there be a 5-day waiting period and background check for buying gasoline?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#9]
That's pretty dumb. Having an open fire to burn yard waste is banned in So. Calif because it supposedly generates air pollution.

But then, when I fill my lawn mower with gasoline, I ALWAYS cap the container and well away from the mower before I start the mower.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Dang, I haven't done that since I was seven years old.

Actually never have, always used a cup, throw, then run.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:47:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Gotta love those nutty soccer moms.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#12]
She shoulda let you you hit from the back for that one.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I got one that tops that. It was done by my mom's friend's 13 yr old son. He wanted to see if there was any gas left in a gas can so he could put it in his go-cart. so instead of picking the can up and physically checking it he lights a match, puts it next to the spout and peers in. Luckily the only thing really hurt was his self-asteem when he had to go to school with a premature reseading hair line, no eye brows and minor burns on his face.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Darwin award winner.

Nah, you have to actually off yourself to even be considered.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#20]
She should have done what we did when we camped in wet wheather. Got all you leaves, sticks and logs together, started a small fire underneath it all, filled a plastic grocery bag with gasoline tied it up and threw it in from about 20 feet away. Stupid, but it did the job
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey, I did that once!!!!  Does that mean I am stupid too?

(I was pretty ripped at the time.  And when I am ripped, I am invincible.....)
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#22]

I would keep a hose handy around that bioch
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Too bad it was accidental.  If she had been planning on creating a huge fireball with gas you would have a cool neighbor!  We always use a ton of gas to light our July 4th bonfire.  Of course we shoot/throw a flaming object onto it from a distance to light it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#24]
I still do like TJ said; Fill a cup and toss it in. Works just fine, and you already know what it will do.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I still do like TJ said; Fill a cup and toss it in. Works just fine, and you already know what it will do.

It's a redneck thing, the city guys won't get it.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:01:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Hm. Must've been one of those new Glock gasoline containers.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Darwin award winner.

+1
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Dumb bitch.

Double dumb bitch!

(Add a Brooklyn ghetto accent/inflection to that. It was the funniest thing I ever heard, one mope calling her mope sister that, for getting pregnant gor the 5th time.)
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Is she hot? GET IT? HOT!!!!

Does she look like this now?

Print these out and put them all over her house.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I got one that tops that. It was done by my mom's friend's 13 yr old son. He wanted to see if there was any gas left in a gas can so he could put it in his go-cart. so instead of picking the can up and physically checking it he lights a match, puts it next to the spout and peers in. Luckily the only thing really hurt was his self-asteem when he had to go to school with a premature reseading hair line, no eye brows and minor burns on his face.

"...hold my root beer & watch this..."    A lesson I'm sure he'll never forget.
Adding charcoal lighter fluid or kerosine to a fire is one thing, gasoline though..........
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#33]
My favorite method is to soak stacked wood with gas, wait soak again.  Pour gas in a line out from fire site.  Close and remove gas can, light gas trail.  Watch flames race to wood stack...  FA-WUMP!  

Mike
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#34]
this thread is useless without pics!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#35]
FIRE, FIRE, FFFFFIIIIIIRRRRREEEEE!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Fire is NOT your friend!

Eric The(Burned)Hun

At least she didn't try to take it on an airplane.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

At least she didn't try to take it on an airplane...

...in a backpack...
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Uhhhh, which neighborhood do you live in??
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#39]
I guess she thought gasoline was the same as BBQ lighter fluid.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
[frankenstein]FIRE BAD!![/frankenstein]

ROTFLMAO!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
She shoulda let you you hit from the back for that one.

I agree!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Boy does that bring back memeories, I did that when I was about 16.

I used a five gallon can. I lost my eyebrows, my leather jacket trying to put it out. And almost the garage. Luckily it didn't blow up like in the movies or the TV shows.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#43]
[Principal Skinner] Fire can be our ally, whether it is toasting s'mores, or raining down on charlie[/principal Skinner]

Man you you have no idea how long I have been waiting to use that one...
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
[Principal Skinner] Fire can be our ally, whether it is toasting s'mores, or raining down on charlie[/principal Skinner]

Ralph (pointing to a rock): "That's were I saw the leprechaun. He tells me to burn things."

That reminds me of a story... I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier.

In the Stan, I was going through the chow line at night... just as I'm walking out of the building to go back to mine, I look over and this guy has somehow caught on fire. It turned out he was trying to put more water into an imersion heater, and poured gasoline in by accident. The whole thing went up, and started up the side of the building I was just in. No big surprise, there was no Fire Extinguisher next to the heater like there should have been, so I run to the first HMMWV and grab the extinguisher out of it, and run over to put the guy out as he is rolling himself around on the ground. Then I put out the side of the building and the heater... The guy was from one of the other EOD units that was there before my unit.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#47]
1 gallon milk jug full of gas, a m80    and some safety fuse.

of course i would never do such a thing
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:55:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ralph (pointing to a rock): "That's were I saw the leprechaun. He tells me to burn things."

That reminds me of a story... I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier.

In the Stan, I was going through the chow line at night... just as I'm walking out of the building to go back to mine, I look over and this guy has somehow caught on fire. It turned out he was trying to put more water into an imersion heater, and poured gasoline in by accident. The whole thing went up, and started up the side of the building I was just in. No big surprise, there was no Fire Extinguisher next to the heater like there should have been, so I run to the first HMMWV and grab the extinguisher out of it, and run over to put the guy out as he is rolling himself around on the ground. Then I put out the side of the building and the heater... The guy was from one of the other EOD units that was there before my unit.

www.sptimmy.com/pics/sp414_timmyfire.gif

I fucking hate immersion heaters.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#49]
I nearly scared my three year old son to death via fireball. My wife and I were burning a small patch of weeds in the back yard when she suggested burning the not quite dry enough ditch as well. I poured a liberal stream of gasoline down the ditch from the far end from the burning weeds to the fire, stopping well short of the fire. In about a minute and a half the ditch caught and covered the back yard in smoke. WWUUMMPH! Job well done. Children running, screaming. Nasty looks from wife. "What? you said burn the ditch!" Planerench out.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
She should have done what we did when we camped in wet wheather. Got all you leaves, sticks and logs together, started a small fire underneath it all, filled a plastic grocery bag with gasoline tied it up and threw it in from about 20 feet away. Stupid, but it did the job

FIRE IN THE HOLE

As for the Darwin applicant, might have been a good idea to explain to her that gas + enclosed area + fire -> BOOM! She just might actually blow somethin up next time...

Most people don't think of gasoline as explosive... Just flammable... So, you screw around with gas & fire, get gas vapors in an enclosed area -> fuel-air bomb... Especially common when dumb people try to fix leaks in vehicle tanks (lemme just weld this shu... Ka-BOOM!) ...

Personally, my favorite 'fire starter' is a TP tube filled with dryer lint soaked in some flammable liquid (gas, kero, lamp oil, etc)...

If not available, gas soaked cardboard works well...

As for SoCal, I'm suprised you guys don't need a license to light a match down there, with your wildfire issues & all...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top