Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/28/2021 6:44:08 PM EDT
ALCON:  As you get home, please post up @ least one thing that went well and we should continue in the November thread, & @ least one thing we can improve on - and how to do so.  I'll be scrubbing the thread to save Goatboy's scripts the trouble, and feel free to do the same.

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/home.html

Local Weather Underground station

Can give lap dances RIDES:

Tables:

Sunday:

Unspecified days:

Not attending, but looking:

Folks are looking for:

Dupe thread
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Something special about that show vs the ones in TX?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#2]
You've never heard of Wanenmacher's?  I put the link in the OP:

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
If you spend the whole 18 hours we are open to the public and divide that by 4,200 tables, You will have 15.4 seconds to look at each table.
View Quote

I don't know of a larger gun show.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s officially the largest gun show in the world. They rate them by the number of tables rented. Tulsa is usually 4,200 to 4,500 tables, with a max limit of how many tables can be jerky, purses, etc. It’s 11 acres under one roof.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The drawback for Texans is it's rifles and shotguns only. Pistols have to be shipped back to Texas to an FFL.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:57:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The drawback for Texans is it's rifles and shotguns only. Pistols have to be shipped back to Texas to an FFL.
View Quote

I’m not sure about that!?!  Example: Years ago, if you were buying from a OK FFL, he could find a TX FFL exhibitor at the show, transfer it to the TX FFL on the spot, who would then do a instant background check on you and hand it to you, if you cleared.

Not sure if they can still do that or not. Someone here with FFL chime in.

Edit; there’s literally exhibitors there from dang near every state and several foreign countries.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, that would be dodgy today.  The Texas FFL should transfer it to you @ their premises or at a Texas gun show, IIRC.

If you have a C&R license, there are tens of thousands of revolvers at that show you could take home, cash & carry.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I’m probably off on my example, I don’t remember all the details, I was a bystander.  Maybe the OK dealer transferred it to the other state FFL holder in person, rather than shipping it, then the buyer picked it up from his state FFL holder when he got back home.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:28:28 PM EDT
[#8]
On the flip side, if you skip the tables w/ pistols, you now have 30 seconds to look @ each rifle/shotgun table.  I've also bought 3 antiques @ Tulsa - a Spanish 7x57mm Mauser, an antique Mosin, & a 1898 built Winchester 1897 takedown.  Antiques (pre-1899) are cash & carry.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow. I feel really out of it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Wouldn't surprise me if it gets canceled.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#12]
The last two have been.  Fingers crossed.  Was hoping to organize a home rental like my Da does for the dirt track races, but we'd have to have a cancellation clause.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:31:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The last two have been.  Fingers crossed.  Was hoping to organize a home rental like my Da does for the dirt track races, but we'd have to have a cancellation clause.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Wouldn't surprise me if it gets canceled.

The problem is the building has a capacity limit.  And there is some stupid chinaflu rule that it has to be 50% of that number or some shit.

By the time all the vendors, workers and security are in the building there is room for about only 87 attendees.  Thus canceled.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:36:00 PM EDT
[#14]
If it happens it’ll be our 45th wannamacher.

Our first date was there in fall 96.

We love that event.

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#15]
It is a bucket list thing for me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If it happens it'll be our 45th wannamacher.

Our first date was there in fall 96.

We love that event.

View Quote

I love that event too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:47:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I love that event too.
View Quote

Maybe we can have a little arfcom meet up.  I imagine the Tulsa mayor will do all he can to kill it off again though.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:48:52 PM EDT
[#18]
You coming?  You can sleep up front.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Maybe we can have a little arfcom meet up.  I imagine the Tulsa mayor will do all he can to kill it off again though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love that event too.

I usually only make the Nov one.   Tax season.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:50:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  I wish they would make that call more than a week before like last one.  I would bet the next one in November is the most likely.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:56:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m not sure when it started but I went to my first one in the late 70’s (I think?), maybe early 80’s, I’ve been going ever since. My dad (now passed) lived in southern OK, I kept telling him how big it was. I guess he didn’t believe me, I couldn’t ever get him to Tulsa when it was happening. Finally, after he retired at 65, I got to take him. He was a man of few words, he just shook his head and grinned. We spent the entire Saturday there, he went back home and told everyone knew about it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:58:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

they have having things every weekend at the EXPO now.

Wannamaker is on like Donkey Kong.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#24]
I’ve only been to one probably 10 years ago.  Should have seen the look on Major Malfunctions face when I asked him “how much for that Glock 18?”

I was joking of course.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#25]
It's a great gunshow, wish I could go this time but I'm stuck in IL.  I got my first AR lower there in 2007.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#26]
I can't wait! We will be at a table most of the time but, I hope to sneak off and find a VersaMax. These things are unobtanium right now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Updated OP.  Folks, if you're planning to be there, post up what days or if you have a table and I'll put you down in the OP.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Updated OP.  Folks, if you're planning to be there, post up what days or if you have a table and I'll put you down in the OP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't wait! We will be at a table most of the time but, I hope to sneak off and find a VersaMax. These things are unobtanium right now.

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Bump.  Who else is coming to the world's largest gun show?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I've gone every time they had it in the last few years.

What is the current state of covid restrictions in Tulsa?  All I could find is the state lifted restrictions, but what about the county and city?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I was just thinking about that show.   Damnit, I just don't think I'll be able to go.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#32]
text
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Wish I lived closer.

Except I'd buy something.

I'm not allowed to buy anything.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Can't you buy rifles, shotguns, & antiques?
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This.  I wish they would make that call more than a week before like last one.  I would bet the next one in November is the most likely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fear the same thing is going to happen this time.  It looks like there is still a mask mandate in tulsa but I can't find anything current about social distancing requirements which would kill the show.

It's 3 weeks out and no definitive statement from the promoter and they aren't communicating at all on their facebook page, it doesn't look promising.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm going to try to go before work on the Saturday morning. Will see. They just did a home and garden show which a Tulsa gun/safe/grill store attended. She said there a ton of people. If Comrade GT allowed that to happen, I think Wanamacher could happen. Also, I will be looking for a 10/22 with a threaded barrel, preferably in pink, but won't be too picky on the color
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Beauty is only a Krylon can away.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Shit, it always sneaks up on me. Shit there is expensive as shit and mostly fucking trash, but there are some very rare things and great deals hidden in there. I liken it to panning for gold. You have to sift through a lot of shot but there’s some fucking deals in there if you enjoy digging. Either way it can be a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Bought @ least half my antiques there.

ETA:  Picked up a 5 digit 1897 takedown there that dates to 1898 & have the Cody Museum letter.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Been there a few times when I lived in OK.  Drove 11 hours a couple times since then just to go.  You can't see it all in two days.  It's worth it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#41]
SIDEQUEST:  J M Davis Arms & Historical Museum in Claremore.  I plan to hit this on the Friday prior.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Been there a few times when I lived in OK.  Drove 11 hours a couple times since then just to go.  You can't see it all in two days.  It's worth it.
View Quote

If you use both days and hit every table you will only get something like 15 seconds per table.

I do the whole show in one day.  I do just walk by the gun sock and fudd gun tables though.  

Cool think about this show is EVERY SINGLE TABLE is gun or military related.  No jewelry, toys, jerky, beanie babies or other non gun shit here.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:07:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Couple weeks away.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Bump.  Anyone else going?  Anyone want to rent a group house instead of getting a hotel?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#45]
I have not been to a gun show in quite a while, this one may be tempting enough.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Was born and raised in Tulsa, but live in San Antonio now. Have not been to that show in years. Maybe I should drive up to visit "family"....
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#47]
My father and I will be there Saturday and Sunday. I'm not really looking for anything, but it's a great way to bond over a weekend and kill some time.

Mahogany steak house is a must for dinner. Any other high quality surf n turf places?
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:27:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My father and I will be there Saturday and Sunday. I'm not really looking for anything, but it's a great way to bond over a weekend and kill some time.

Mahogany steak house is a must for dinner. Any other high quality surf n turf places?
View Quote

Bull in the Alley is suppose to be pretty good. Not sure if they do the surf part. In The Raw sushi can give you the fish fix.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If you use both days and hit every table you will only get something like 15 seconds per table.

I do the whole show in one day.  I do just walk by the gun sock and fudd gun tables though.  

Cool think about this show is EVERY SINGLE TABLE is gun or military related.  No jewelry, toys, jerky, beanie babies or other non gun shit here.
View Quote

Not entirely true, there are a few jewelry tables/end caps.  A few coin dealers and some T-shirt vendors.  I think they say 95% is firearm related.  I will say the last few years the show had shrunk by a few rows of tables and a few more of those vendors popped up.  I would suspect that this year it will be full but you are correct that the gun to junk table ratio is way on the positive side.

We enjoy eating at McGills at the top of the Hard Rock, if you like old school Italian Ti Amo on Sheridan is really good.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#50]
For fish, there'a a pretty good fish market that flies all their stuff in.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top