Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2001 11:25:09 AM EDT
George Soros?  My boss was telling me he is the anti-christ.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#1]
He is a multimillionare investor if that makes him the antichrist then some one should check Warren Buffet  IMHO
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Did a quick search.

Biographical Information

George Soros was born in Budapest, Hungary in 1930. In 1947 he emigrated to England, where he graduated from the London School of Economics. While a student at the London School of Economics, Mr. Soros became familiar with the work of the philosopher Karl Popper, who had a profound influence on his thinking and later on his philanthropic activities. In 1956 he moved to the United States, where he began to accumulate a large fortune through an international investment fund he founded and managed.

Mr. Soros currently serves as President and Chairman of Soros Fund Management LLC, a private investment management firm which serves as principal investment advisor to the Quantum Group of Funds, a series of international investment vehicles.

Mr. Soros established his first foundation, the Open Society Fund, in New York in 1979 and his first Eastern European foundation in Hungary in 1984. He now funds a network of foundations that operate in thirty-one countries throughout Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and Central Eurasia, as well as in Southern Africa, Haiti, Guatemala, and the United States. These foundations are dedicated to building and maintaining the infrastructure and institutions of an open society. Mr. Soros has also founded other major institutions, such as the Central European University and the International Science Foundation. In 1996, the foundations in the network spent a total of approximately $362 million; in 1997, $428 million; in 1998, $574 million; and in 1999, $560 million. Giving for 2000 is expected to be maintained at a similar level.

In addition to many articles on the political and economic changes in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, Mr. Soros is the author of The Alchemy of Finance, published by Simon & Schuster in 1987 and republished in 1994 by John Wiley & Sons; Opening the Soviet System, published by Weidenfeld & Nicholson in 1990; Underwriting Democracy, published by The Free Press in 1991, Soros on Soros: Staying Ahead of the Curve, published by John Wiley & Sons in 1995, and The Crisis of Global Capitalism: Open Society Endangered, published by PublicAffairs in 1998. His next book, Open Society: Reforming Global Capitalism will be published by PublicAffairs in October 2000.

Mr. Soros has received honorary doctoral degrees from the New School for Social Research, the University of Oxford, the Budapest University of Economics, and Yale University. In 1995, the University of Bologna awarded Mr. Soros its highest honor, the Laurea Honoris Causa, in recognition of his efforts to promote open societies throughout the world

Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Bigtime foreign financier/billionaire, lives in US now.  Into establishing new world order by way of his "open society".  Can see some of his programs at [url]www.soros.org[/url]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, the anti-christ was supposed to be one of "world leader" status, which I could see him becoming, not to mention that a "one [open] society" is forseen to be established, so that the anti-Christ may equally control all individuals.

Two coincidential factors, I don't see anymore than that though.  Tell me if you see him practicing miracles on deprived individuals though, then we'll talk.

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Soros has been a sugar daddy to the gun control weenies. His donations to hci and the like have been in the millions of dollars.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#6]
The boss said that he is no longer allowed to trade in the USA, he caused the Asian financial crisis, etc. etc.  thinks he is the anti christ...
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Check it out though, he's Jewish...does that disqualify him from being the anti??
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought he was big into currency trading.

Then buys himself a better image by giving $ away.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Check it out though, he's Jewish...does that disqualify him from being the anti??
View Quote

No, actually IIRC the Anti-Christ is SUPPOSED to be Jewish.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#10]
If the above dates are correct he is over 70 years old.  He better get on with the heavy "anti" stuff pretty soon.  Or is he also immortal?
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Soros CAN'T be the Anti-Christ, because I am.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Ronflmao
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought Ronald Regan was the A/C. He just doesn`t remember it anymore
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#14]
My name isn't George Soros.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#15]
did you look for the 666?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top