Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 4:41:51 PM EDT
I'm watching the History Channel again tonight. This episode is about rations, coffee, tea and beer.

in almost any war, spirits were there to keep up morale of the troops.

but what about contries that dont allow beer because of religous reasons? cough, muslims.

are our guys getting enough beer in their diet in the mid east?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
While I was over there you could buy non-alchohal beer in the px.  Alchohal was available in the civilian area, but it was a court martialable offense if you were caught.  I was standing on a street in Kirkuk when a young kid put a ice cold can of beer in my hand.  It was sure hard to give it back and tell him to move along.  Another time a kid came up to our hummer and put two 1/2 pint bottles of whiskey in the floorboard of our hummer and asked us for tenn dollars.  We told him to retrieve his merchandise and to move along.  I have made up for a year of being dry since I've been home.

Shootist
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#3]
You can get your ass blown up but can't have a beer !  Alchohol is strictly verboten over there but it was more like don't get caught wink wink
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#4]
You gots to jivin'!!!

We invade invade their country, kick the snot out of their "elite" Republican Guard, and then tell our troops who keep getting bushwhacked by these militant islamics that they can't have alchohol because it'll offend the Moo-slums!?!?!?!?!

Do I need to expound on how seriously deranged this is?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No, We all get it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Back in Gulf War I,  there was a thriving black market for cough syrup.  Also, during the buildup, our commissary in Germany was strangely always out of  dried yeast and sugar....
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You gots to jivin'!!!

We invade invade their country, kick the snot out of their "elite" Republican Guard, and then tell our troops who keep getting bushwhacked by these militant islamics that they can't have alchohol because it'll offend the Moo-slums!?!?!?!?!

beer is perfectly legal out there for non military types, its not about offending muslims, its about keeping people from doing stupid things while blind staggering drunk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top