Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 1:15:00 PM EDT
Cheapskate alert! I know I can get it from Starlight, but there has got to be a better, less expensive way, is there not?

Anyone have any luck using alernative items. Is the aerosol foam found in home supply stores any use? How about styrofoam insulation found in the same store?

I have just about worn my current foam out, plus the addition over time of accessories has made my original layout obsolete.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a fabric place on Cave Creek Road just south of Bell Rd. on the East side of the street that I was told carries foam in all sizes/density. I have not confirmed this, and I don't know the name of it. FWIW.
AB
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me know what you are looking for and I will see if I can get it here, many places sell it in the area.

I do not know the price but what you want may be easy on the wallet.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Ask and ye shall recieve

www.foamonline.com/
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I've used insulating styrofoam for another project (guitar case). The result wasn't that bad after I covered it with velvet type fabric. Just the same, if I was to construct another case, I'd go with foam rather than the Home Depot stuff.

If you do decde to use a padding type of foam, be sure to get "Ester" (also called "camera case")foam.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top