Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 3:16:38 PM EDT

One of my old army buddies sent me this picture - it was apparently on the front page of one of the major newspapers there (Jyllandsposten).

I laughed and laughed.  When I was a platoon commander, I had this guy as a young brand-spanking new sergeant (squad leader) and he looked like a 12 year-old kid!

Look at him now - all grown up:  A major, no less, in command of his own infantry company in Kosovo.

I feel old now.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Well then, buy him a Tuborg, Claus!

Edited to add:  That sure doesn't look like a Garand he's carrying, either!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Drop him a note' I would think he'd appreciate that.

Absolutely - I have to track him down now and say hi!

kpel308- I think the CMP got ALL our garands back!  
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
pics.jp.metropol.dk/114/114924/114924_large.jpg
One of my old army buddies sent me this picture - it was apparently on the front page of one of the major newspapers there (Jyllandsposten).
I laughed and laughed.  When I was a platoon commander, I had this guy as a young brand-spanking new sergeant (squad leader) and he looked like a 12 year-old kid!
Look at him now - all grown up:  A major, no less, in command of his own infantry company in Kosovo.
I feel old now.  

He doesn't look Dutch !
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
pics.jp.metropol.dk/114/114924/114924_large.jpg
I feel old now.  

He doesn't look Dutch !

And he certainly no longer looks 12 yrs old !!  Looks like he could take care of himself though.

5sub

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Why does he have a Swiss flag on his shoulder?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

This Operation brought to you by Swiss Army Brands, Inc!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Looks French to me
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks French to me

Danish.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#11]
He needs to shave them whiskers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top