Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 8:09:50 AM EDT
I have been reading posts on this site for quite a while though I rarely post. I was wondering why there are very few sports related threads. Myself, I haven't had an interest in sports since I was about 9 or 10 years old and Larry Czonka was my idol. Is it due to the lack of interest in sports that there are so few sports threads? Or is it that you can talk about sports to just about anyone in daily life and here is a place to discuss other things.
Just curious.
                             Thanks
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I CANT BELIEVE YOU SAID THE "S" WORD!!! What are ya? some sort of loon??

Actually (to be serious for a minute) I noticed that as well. Problem is ANYTIME I brought up baseball, in came the "Overpaid, steroid using, whiney crybaby" remarks... WHICH is false because there is no such thing as whiney crybabys in baseball... because everyone knows... There is NO crying in baseball!

BUT... since you brought up sports, anyone notice The Angels are on a 7 game winning streak?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#2]
A.) The entire site is dedicated to the sport of shooting.
B.) There are enough dedicated sites out there for each sport that it isn't really needed around here
C.) everyone has different sports intrests and it's hard to get a good thread going about a particular subject, most just turn into flame fests.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#3]
We do have a dedicated sports forum, oddly enough its called Sports Talk!

I'm not sure if anyone actually uses it I've never been there myself.

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=125
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Avid shooters by nature spend more time doing then watching.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#5]
The Red Wings are out of the playoffs. There really isn't anything else sportswise worth discussing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Red Wings are out of the playoffs. There really isn't anything else sportswise worth discussing.

AMEN heavily_armed:!!!!!

This athlete is a role-model, doesn't whine, doesn't quit, leads by example!
Good ole Stevie Yzerman!

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I shed tears the first time I saw Stevie Y. do that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top