Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 5:34:34 AM EDT
Do you like the old style, or the new pear shaped ratchets and why?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:40:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I couldn't tell you honestly, all the ratchets I own are made by Snap-on
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:46:43 AM EDT
[#2]

None of my 3/8" drives I use at work live to old age. I usually end up dropping them (sooner or later).  Once dropped, they go down the scap chutes to the basement 20' below, onto a steel conveyor, outside to a huge baler, to the steel mill.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:53:05 AM EDT
[#3]
All of mine at work are either Mac or Snap-On. Of the ones at home all are the old style of Craftsman, so I'm not familiar with the new style.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:22:26 AM EDT
[#4]
The old style is better. The new ones are slippery when held in greasy hands.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Old style. I agree that the new ones are too slipery.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a lot of Mac and Snap On stuff from when I worked as a mechanic.  Now that I work in my own garage I have to rely on what I can easily get, Craftsman.  I like their stuff and they back it up.  As for the new style, I like it better.  As far as slippery goes, what could be more slippery than a Snap On wrench.  They're awfully pretty and very well made, but they have as smooth a surface as any tool out there.

Yeah...I used to be a tool snob too, but the Snap On man doesn't stop at my house every week like he did at the shop.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Old style.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I like the art deco limited editions. I have a small set of the old type in my drawer upstairs for house stuff, a medium set set of the new kind in my reloadings and gun room, and a large set of the limited edition with the art deco type handles (smooth and shiney like the new type, but with different shapes and swoops).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top