Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2004 6:49:04 PM EDT
This is the prequel/sequel to the Romero series, but Romero has nothing to do with this film.

According to the guy that is going to be running the website, it starts out in 1968 to show the initial outbreak, then picks up from the present day.

The movie is in post production so it won't be long until the trailer is released.

Oh ya, I forgot to mention that the studio, taurus entertainment, is looking for a tagline for the film.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool, keep us informed. I love those movies we are not allowed to talk about.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Heard of this movie, Imbroglio?  Looks very funny

uip.co.uk/romzom/

Highlights the unique difficulties British citizens face in fighting off Solana outbreaks, as documented in 28 Days Later.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]

1968 - So Who Filled Hell?

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Heard of this movie, Imbroglio?  Looks very funny

uip.co.uk/romzom/

Highlights the unique difficulties British citizens face in fighting off Solana outbreaks, as documented in 28 Days Later.

Shaun of the Dead! I dunno when that is coming out in the U.S. Everyone who saw it says it is good.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is the link to the movie website. It isn't up yet, but should be in a few days:

MOVIE
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

In 1968 they said it might have been radiation from the returning venus space probe that caused it all.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Here is the link to the movie website. It isn't up yet, but should be in a few days:

MOVIE

So its a Day of the Dead remake?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Radiation... pfft. Scientists don't know jack.

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MOVIE

Not a remake, but a prequel/sequel.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MOVIE

Not a remake, but a prequel/sequel.

Well I never have seen the Oringal Day of the Dead.  I got to buy it I quess.  Or convince someone else to because I dont have a TV to watch it on.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Aww shit! This better not be true! If it is, wanna bet that the "group of people" are a bunch of teenagers/college age idiots and the movie degenerates into the teeny bopper bullshit slasher movie.
FUUUUUCKKK!!!!

Contagium script?

"Anyhow, I wasn't able to read a FULL version of the script, but basically, the movie starts out as a prequel set in 1968 at a military hospital. An "alien space virus" infects a man who ends up biting and attacking the doctors and nurses at the hospital after being set on fire. The "virus" breaks out and a bunch of army soldiers come to the hospital to shoot everyone in the head and contain the virus.

Flash forward to the present and a group of people at a ravine find a test tube with the virus in it and all hell breaks loose. The lead female character is pregnant and has an alien baby at the end of the movie."
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#12]
It sounds like this will just make it that much harder for "amateur" (read "serious, dedicated") scientists to figure out what the hell we're up against.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:57:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

NVA, VC.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:59:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I got a question. In NOTLD it looked at the end like they had a preety good handle on the 'things we cannot mention'. What happened between then and DOTD to change things and give 'things we cannot mention' the upper hand?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I got a question. In NOTLD it looked at the end like they had a preety good handle on the 'things we cannot mention'. What happened between then and DOTD to change things and give 'things we cannot mention' the upper hand?

You only got to see what was happening in the very beginning in a small town. When the phenomena began to spread nationwide and worldwide, that is when it got out of hand.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:51:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks Imbro.......... Keep us posted!

Anyone know a timeline on when DOTD '04 will be released on DVD? I noticed it's not playing in local theaters anymore!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#17]
July 27 is the reported release date of [the movie that shall not be named] dvd.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok here are some pics from the new movie.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#19]
sweet jesus! i can't wait!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:39:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like the space aliens rumor is FALSE!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Excellent. I thought I was the ultimate Zombie fan
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:16:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Holy shit..thats gonna own!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:10:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Personally I think trying to explain what is causing the epidemic can potentially ruin not only the movie they explain it in but the whole franchise. Is it really necessary to do... IMO the stories are not about trying to save/fix the world, but simply to survive from day to day.

If they are so determined to explain the whole thing they might as well just say that it was caused by rogue metachlorians.

I think everyone who watches these movies if comfortable with the idea that it's a virus of unknown origin/cause.

Shaun of the Dead doesn't look too bad for a zombie comedy. At least it wasn't made by one of the Wayans. How would Black Jesus make a zombie comedy?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes, the cause is really irrelevant.  We must make them behave.  We must train them to be civilized.  Cause without civilization, well, there's nothing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#25]
btt

This information is as important as the AWB news.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Kind of sounds like the "Deadworld" comic book.

Synopsis from the official website:

DAY OF THE DEAD: CONTAGIUM

CREDITS

EX PRODUCER ROBERT DUDELSON

PRODUCER: JAMES DUDELSON

DIRECTOR: JAMES DUDELSON
ANA CLAVELL

SPECIAL EFFECTS: WELLSMARK MEDIA

Background:
Sometime in 1968 a strange viral outbreak is contained within the walls of a military hospital in Pennsylvania: all those exposed are destroyed and burned to the ground. A wall of silence befalls the incidence, and soon enough only a vague myth remains.
The hospital becomes a civilian mental treatment center.

The Story
Set in a mental hospital in Pennsylvania, five patients about to be released uncover a secret buried within the compound and unleash a virus (contagium) designed to force Humanity to evolve into powerful creatures capable of astounding feats…and incredible cruelty. In order for this new Human to survive it needs to feed on human flesh: but a bite from these creatures creates a new state of existence, the Creature’s subordinate, the Living Dead. It’s up to our terrified heroes to choose to accept this fate or to fight it, even if it means their own destruction.

Although special effect heavy, the core of the story is both compelling and tragic. It’s the age-old dilemma of transcending our shortcomings and overcoming our fears in spite of what the sacrifice may entail.

Day of the Dead: Contagium is homage to the Dead trilogy, it hints at a possible origin to the Zombie phenomena in a manner that incorporates all known lore. It also covers some of the lesser known aspects of the original transformation and it imagines the last moments before the End of Humanity.

Producers note:

There will be four types of creatures, the traditional zombie type included. A third of the budget is geared towards building these Creatures, the likes of which have never been seen before.

James Dudelson
Taurus Entertainment
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top