Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2004 3:10:11 PM EDT
Well what do you think?  Royal Marines undergoing riot control training before being sent off to 'bandit country'. The instructors pelt them with petrol bombs to get them hardened to them. A bit too realistic for my liking…

Andy

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like they're training for the next Waco.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#2]
As I told my company,
No Standards too stringent
No training too tough
No mission impossible.
Fuck it.  They are going to see molotovs.  Let them gain trust and confidence in their equipment.
A few lost eyebrows ain't too bad.
Royal Marines are a good group of lads.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like your standard issue riot in Korea.  And in Israel that would cause  massive retaliation.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Realistic training is a must for those in harm's way.  Better to know what to expect now, than to find out later.

Tex78
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yeah, cuz molotov cocktails are so hard for the average rioter to procure...
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HUH???
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Harsh?

HELL NO!  Harsh would be no exposure to that type of situation, and then come face to face with it during the real deal.  

Train how you fight!

That is what I call GOOD training.  The kind of training that distinguishes Royal Marines and US Marines from the numerous lesser military organizations around the globe.

Semper Fidelis, and a hearty Per Mare Per Terram to my distinguished RM bretheren!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HUH???

Exactly.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Note to self: never volunteer to attend a Royal Marine gang rape victim counseling program.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top