[#2]

Quoted:
motown_steve

Thank you for your effort.  TT

Ahhh!!! It's John Titor!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The key is that it WOULD NOT have gone back for a vote by the full House. This would have defeated DeLay's promise not to allow the AWB to come to a vote in the house.

WRONG!

BTW, I have a NIB Eagle Arms carbine that will get it's cherry popped on Sept. 14.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I told you guys the dems have something up their sleeve... whether or not it works is another story.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]
The on 9/11/04 the nation will be remembering the 9/11/01 WTC/Pentagon attack. How many people on the east coast rushed out to buy a gun on that fateful day? Plus people haven't forgotten the DC sniper either.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#6]

See also Article I, section 7: "Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States;"

If the house didn't vote on the full and final bill, it didn't pass the house.

If you think that sparse quote from the constitution regulates the conference procedures, I've got a bridge to sell. The truth is that it does not. Congress reserves as much power for itself, regulated by itself, as much as it can. It even ignores the constitution by reframing it with reinterpretations to suit it's purpose. Get real and pratical.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top