Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 4:54:20 PM EDT
I was riding passenger in my friends Jeep Wrangler and some woman blew through the stop light at about 40  and T-boned us...  My friend had several vertibrae fused from a previous wreck and was complaining about his back and he wasnt able to breath.  I broke the seat in the Jeep and hit my head on the roll bar (I even dented it!!! I told you guys I have a hard head!).  King County Sheriff and EMS showed up VERY quickly.  We were both C collar'd and Back Boarded (I lost conscienceness) and we were rounded up to the hospital.  

I am happy to say that my friends back/neck and my head/neck are fine (after 4 hours of being strapped to that FUCKING HARD ASS back board!).  CT scans and xrays aplenty.  I left the hospital about 0400 and we just got back from our follow up visit.

We are BOTH sore as hell and I am out of work for 8 - 10 days.  

Vicodin and Ibuprofen for the next several days as well.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:58:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad you're ok.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn man.  Sorry to hear about it, but glad you're basically ok.

Heal fast.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
HOLY CHRIST!

glad you & your friend are still alive.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
So how's the Woman?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#5]
BD714 where was this at, in West Seattle? I hope you are OK. Get with us West Seattle guys sometime, huh?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#6]
What happened to the bitch that can't drive?

I almost got T-boned today by a jackass teenager FLYING thru a red light, and not a recently changed one either.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
BD714 where was this at, in West Seattle? I hope you are OK. Get with us West Seattle guys sometime, huh?

16th SW and SW 107th, by Taco Bell and as for getting together with the Seattle Crew, I just recently changed shedules at work, so now I actually have BOTH weekend days off...  (you mean Saturday and Sunday are both weekend days???  Wow, who'd a thunk it?)
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Shit that is about 8 blocks from my house!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Where's all those people who always complain about cops giving tickets to those fine people who run red lights?

I've been the victim of two idiots on the road so far ... and don't plan on giving any more lessons in Newton's laws of physics in this lifetime.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
HOLY CHRIST!

glad you & your friend are still alive.

Both the Sheriff Deputies and the EMS people were AMAZED that we were not more severely injured.  My head was bleeding from impact with the roll bar, but that was it as far as blood.  With how crumpled up the Jeep was, they were prepared for an extraction (jaws of life kinda thing).  

The woman that hit us walked away without a scratch.  She kept babbling "I have insurance, I have insurance!" and she admitted to the Deputies that she ran the red light.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:31:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The woman that hit us walked away without a scratch.  

Darn.

She kept babbling "I have insurance, I have insurance!" and she admitted to the Deputies that she ran the red light.

Good, if they witnessed that, then there isn't a doubt when it comes to the investigation. Dumb bitch.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#12]
A few days ago,  my brother's truck got hit, and hard, at the back end.  A moment sooner, and it would have been a full-on T-bone.    The other driver ran a red light.    Turned out that driver was an elderly man who was so out of it he didn't even know he'd hit someone...and at 50 MPH, no less!   But his wife was with him, and she grabbed the wheel and then turned the ignition off and forced the car over to a moderately safe stop in a shallow ditch.

My brother was not injured, fortunately, and surprisingly, the truck is still drivable, though I rather doubt that the tailgate still opens without the use of explosives.

Truly, there comes a time when a person should not be allowed to drive.  It varies from person to person, but I think anyone over 65 should be required to take driving tests every two years, and at 70, make it every year.

But here in FL, the retiree community is huge, and they vote, and they don't want such a sensible idea to become law because it'll inconvenience them and may result in some of them being deprived of their driving privileges.   Never mind that only those who are a danger to others by their lack of driving ability are the only ones who actually lose out,  the retirees won't even hear of the idea!

Those who need such a program most are those who want it least.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Glad you okay and not seriously hurt.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I smell lawsuit............
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#15]
glad you're ok Black!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Dang, you two lucked out! That could have real bad.

You two keep a eye on those aches and pains and get well soon.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I got to learn to walk again after this one. Lady ran a red right into my driveside door doing 60+. Cracked my pelvic ring in 3 places, enough to distort the ring without breaking it (thank god).

Yeah, I'm only 22 and I've had a bad hip for 4 years... People who run red lights piss me off.

Edited to add this picture of my leg's imprint on the inside of the car.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah and if it weren't for the JBT we could all drive the way we want too.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I think red light runners should be shot.

No shit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

You think we should sue????
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You think we should sue????

Unfortunately, you (or your insurance company) will probably have to.  Look out for #1...  it sounds like this wasn't some fender-bender where someone wasn't paying attention, it was negligent operation.  

Don't let your insurance co. leave you hanging on future medical problems that could arise.  I would get a free consulation with a PI attorney just to make sure you're covered.  

Glad to hear it wasn't worse than it could have been.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I was riding passenger in my friends Jeep Wrangler and some woman blew through the stop light at about 40  and T-boned us...  My friend had several vertibrae fused from a previous wreck and was complaining about his back and he wasnt able to breath.  I broke the seat in the Jeep and hit my head on the roll bar (I even dented it!!! I told you guys I have a hard head!).  King County Sheriff and EMS showed up VERY quickly.  We were both C collar'd and Back Boarded (I lost conscienceness) and we were rounded up to the hospital.  

I am happy to say that my friends back/neck and my head/neck are fine (after 4 hours of being strapped to that FUCKING HARD ASS back board!).  CT scans and xrays aplenty.  I left the hospital about 0400 and we just got back from our follow up visit.

We are BOTH sore as hell and I am out of work for 8 - 10 days.  

Vicodin and Ibuprofen for the next several days as well.  

Damn dude I am glad you did not buy it, who would keep me on the path to righteous here if you had ?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Damn dude I am glad you did not buy it, who would keep me on the path to righteous here if you had ?

Dude, when I move back to Indiana, we are going to have to meet up for a beer!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#24]
You too, huh.  I just posted a few minutes ago about my accident.  What a night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top