Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 2:14:16 PM EDT
Everybody is so pumped up thinking the AWB will sunset.  My gut tells me it won't happen.  Think about it - we handing Bush a no win situation.  If it doesn't get extended the democraps will harp on this from 9/14 until the election.  My guess is it will get added to some bill that the republicans want passed in order to strike some compromise.   I dont trust the republican held house to reject any bill with the AWB extension attached.  They know Bush is in a tight spot politically on this one.  Why did Cheney not even bring it up at the NRA convention - because he knows it will probably have to get extended.  Don't get your hopes up dudes.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep thinking liek that and you'll jinx us all. If you don't have anything positive or optimistic to say, so say shit. At least on this subject.

Hey Steyr... do you have this set up as an auto response now?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I love how the new guys come here with AWB expertise...

It will sunset. It's written into the law. The question is if it will be extended or not.

In 1996 the house passed a repeal of the AWB. It never made it to the democrat controlled senate.

This year, rather than see the AWB extended, the senate republicans killed the gun maker liability bill that  they and the president wanted to pass.

On the house side, High ranking republicans who control what gets voted on have said a new AWB / extension will NOT come to the floor. Jim sensenbrenner, chairman of the judiciary committee, which the renewal of the AWB will need to go through, is very pro-gun.  I doubt any bills will make it out of committee.

So you can stop trolling. Very few actual days of congress are left before september 14th. Most  democrats don't want to see a new AWB come up, because they know it  is a losing proposition for them. Especially house democrats from the south, who are becoming increasingly endangered.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:It will sunset. It's written into the law.

They could amend it by striking the sunset clause.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Keep thinking liek that and you'll jinx us all. If you don't have anything positive or optimistic to say, so say shit. At least on this subject.

Hey Steyr... do you have this set up as an auto response now?

We need a FAQ.

I think it's somwwhere btween pages 3-6. Isn't there a whole tacked thing just for the AWB questions though?

Maybe if we have congress rename the AWB "Dawn of the Dead" the dupe problem will be solved.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#7]
This is the second or third newbie troll to start an "AWB won't sunset" thread in the last few days.

Go home, little troll.

BTW, where are you, in Decatur?  If you are gonna post crap like this, please remove the GA from your location.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#9]
No it won't really "pass" and you are a  
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:57:10 AM EDT
[#10]
the ban is going to die, and will not be reauthorised
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:59:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Everybody is so pumped up thinking the AWB will sunset.  My gut tells me it won't happen.  
Don't get your hopes up dudes.

EXACTLY!

"Something" will happen........late at night.........and we will wake up to news of  "THE NEW AWB"!!!

I'll bet beer that it will happen!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:10:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Remain vigilant, educate the newbies instead of calling them "Trolls", and above all

NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER GIVE UP!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:12:18 AM EDT
[#13]
From now until the sunset the Congress is in session a total of 70 days. Basically, if a renewal is not passed by July 25, it will be too late. On the 26th Congress adjourns and will not return until 7 September, less than one week before the ban sunsets.

And as stated numerous times, the odds of a renewal, let alone a stronger ban, passing the current House are slim to none.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:23:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Except for that douchebag John Warner, few Republicans want 'Gun Banner' associated with their name, especially those in tight races.  Some people, me included, are not ideological Republicans, and have drifted to the Republican party mainly because of the Democratic party platform rather than a specific attraction to the Republicans.  We could easily leave the Republican party as well.

The fact remains that a sunset clause exists.  The highest risk is that it will be ammended out.  My personal opinion, is that if it didn't happen during the drama in March, that it will not happen period...
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:25:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I like your pic Blueshockey, but the AWB compliant AR kinda diminishes the affect.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:35:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I like your pic Blueshockey, but the AWB compliant AR kinda diminishes the affect.

I'll second that one. I like the pic used by Molon Labe, but the preban certainly takes away from the effect. In fact, I think it really needs a bayo attached too.
Top Top