Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/26/2021 4:25:49 PM EDT
99% of the time a new gun owner will spend 3-5 years first "discussing" the idea of getting into guns.  They'll be given sage advice and completely fucking ignore it.
Unless you just turned 18, you knew this was coming.  Shit or get off the pot applies here.

So frequently we in the gun community are asked for advice, only to be completely fucking ignored.  I must give huge respect to by little brother - back in oct/sept he said "here's $800, go build me a gun".  Alternatively, my in-laws are busy buying hi-points, Tauruses, and shitty bolt actions no one wants.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
great!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Spot on.  

Hell, half the people panicking right now still won't buy anything.

"Oh Mah God!  Everything is so expensive!"
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]
What if your young and just got into firearms for the first time?

My join date is 15' but I didnt buy my first AK until 16'. Then I built my first AR in 19'

Not all of us live though a panic before. Yes I did stack deep but without knowing and living though the past its hard for a young person to stack deeper.

Still wish I had more
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd say 30-40% of people live their entire lives in reactionary mode. There is little long term planning or serious analysis of current events and how they may affect future events.

In a way you can't blame them, especially the ones like under 35 years old, because they've not been educated with regard to American history nor have they been taught critical thinking skills.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I gotta figure the huge majority of people buying at these prices are either bone stupid, speculating, or both.

So yeah.... fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#6]
You realize that the only way 2A continues to exist is by new gun owners and not the same old people that have a 50 gun collection right? Screwing them over or having this attitude will end up being your own un doing in the end. Too few people in the gun community with any fore sight is why libs win and we lose. Greed is what took down the NRA after all.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered 12k more primers. I don't need them anytime soon, but who knows what the year is gonna bring. When I can still get them for $40/1k, it's a no brainer.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
especially the ones like under 35 years old, because they've not been educated with regard to American history nor have they been taught critical thinking skills.

View Quote

You should probably get out of the basement more often.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool story bro.

I was just invited on my first Elk hunt. As an eastern whitetail hunter, the most viable rifle that I own for Elk is a .270 Win, and by "viable" I mean barely meets the cut. I am now in the market for a more powerful unit for this upcoming hunt. Poor timing to say the least. I'm looking at which cartridge I can possibly find to stock up on before buying a rifle, instead of just picking the rifle and buying ammo later. The hunt is pretty far in the future, so I have some time to figure it out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#10]
All I need is some belts of 7.62 nato
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess I could have bought ammo instead of food or paying for my utilities, but I stand by my decision.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#12]
nobody cares dude
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I guess I could have bought ammo instead of food or paying for my utilities, but I stand by my decision.
View Quote
What??

Your not an ARFCOM Millionaire like the rest of them??
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I feel bad that I cant mag dump 9 milis without feeling guilty though
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome to our reloading section for the past twelve years.

Buy one less gayed out AR and get a reloading press and components.

So sad, too bad.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:38:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You realize that the only way 2A continues to exist is by new gun owners and not the same old people that have a 50 gun collection right? Screwing them over or having this attitude will end up being your own doing in the end. To few people in the gun community with any fore sight is why libs win and we lose. Greed is what took down the NRA.
View Quote

Greed or attitude... no, that isn't what destroys freedom. It is an education system that indoctrinates it's victims and steals the history and the spark of freedom and individualism from their souls. AKA democrats
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My join date is 15' but I didnt buy my first AK until 16'. Then I built my first AR in 19'

Not all of us live though a panic before. Yes I did stack deep but without knowing and living though the past its hard for a young person to stack deeper.

Still wish I had more
View Quote

That's why I said unless you just turned 18
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just ordered 12k more primers. I don't need them anytime soon, but who knows what the year is gonna bring. When I can still get them for $40/1k, it's a no brainer.

View Quote

@noFoTeeneR

PM me right the fuck now and tell me where
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
99% of the time a new gun owner will spend 3-5 years first "discussing" the idea of getting into guns.  They'll be given sage advice and completely fucking ignore it.
Unless you just turned 18, you knew this was coming.  Shit or get off the pot applies here.

So frequently we in the gun community are asked for advice, only to be completely fucking ignored.  I must give huge respect to by little brother - back in oct/sept he said "here's $800, go build me a gun".  Alternatively, my in-laws are busy buying hi-points, Tauruses, and shitty bolt actions no one wants.
View Quote

I have spent several years here and your post has motivated me to purchase a gun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#20]
My eight scouts turned 21 in 2020 and 2021.

I guess we should just say "Fuck you. You should have stocked up".
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Edgy!  Jaded and world weary!

10/10
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Still wish I had more
View Quote

Shit dude I wasn't in a financial position to have anything other than a G19 and USP I inherited until the end of 2019 and beginning of 2020.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#24]
OP is correct, I have people I told years ago to get what they think they want and stock up on ammo.  Also to get into reloading, get a press and some dies and components.  Now a few of them are calling me wanting to know where get anything at all.  I don't feel bad for them, they were warned multiple times.  
As for the people just getting onto this I do feel bad for them, but they will learn a lesson early on.  When things are good stock up.  Us older ones started decades ago stocking up and acquiring parts, ammo, components, etc. and have seen shortages / panics so we planned accordingly long ago.  Took full advantage of the years we were swimming in cheap ammo and components.  This time around is different, way more intense than any before.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah! Fuck those potentially armed patriots! Scrubs didnt get in on the ground floor deserve what they get.

/sarcasm.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Greed or attitude... no, that isn't what destroys freedom. It is an education system that indoctrinates it's victims and steals the their history and the spark of freedom and individualism from their souls.
View Quote

Either way you have to have the numbers to make the majority. If we don't groom the next generation then 2A is gone! Libs aren't winning because they screw each other over!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't feel bad for the people that don't worry about the cost only the availability.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Cool story bro.

I was just invited on my first Elk hunt. As an eastern whitetail hunter, the most viable rifle that I own for Elk is a .270 Win, and by "viable" I mean barely meets the cut. I am now in the market for a more powerful unit for this upcoming hunt. Poor timing to say the least. I'm looking at which cartridge I can possibly find to stock up on before buying a rifle, instead of just picking the rifle and buying ammo later. The hunt is pretty far in the future, so I have some time to figure it out.
View Quote

Well, You are just straight up miss informed if you believe a .270 Win barely meets the cut for an elk gun......
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Shit dude I wasn't in a financial position to have anything other than a G19 and USP I inherited until the end of 2019 and beginning of 2020.
View Quote
Yup

I knew about firearms since I was a child. But I didnt buy my first one until I was 21 (a SA-85M )

I didnt have/built my first AR until 2019

So I had a year to stack as deep as I could while learning about the AR platform. So I couldnt stack as deep as I wanted becuase of time and money. So I know where your coming from brother
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Exactly.

I do feel sorry for the new gun owners, and realize that we need them more than ever. Wanna know how we lose the will to fight for our 2A? Make it impossible for a majority of gun owners to shoot or make it a pain in the ass to enjoy the hobby. You, me, and the rest of the stack it deep crowd are a very small segment or the gun community.

View Quote

Gouging them on ammo turns them away. Alot of people that don't like guns or have never had guns before can learn to love them and with that comes appreciation for 2A rights. If you turn one person that person can in turn convert others. Only way its going to work if everyone wasn't so selfish and short sighted.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Where are you ordering primers?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Since they are YOUR scouts, you can provide for them. OP is 100% right.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Several people I work with are ammo poor and just now thinking about getting into reloading because they can’t find ammo anywhere.
Now reloading components are nonexistent.
Should have started a year ago or more when they chose to blow off sage advise.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Sooner or later we are going to have to change our approach from just chest thumping if we want 2A to survive.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#36]
The idiots panic buying right now deserve to get taken to the cleaners ...  Laughs from the tower on my ammo fort.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't know about y'all, but I never stop buying. I'm pissed right now, because I can't find a 10/22 chassis. I'm neck deep in the shit everyone else wants and needs, but I can't find the toys I'm interested in.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I gotta figure the huge majority of people buying at these prices are either bone stupid, speculating, or both.

So yeah.... fuck 'em.
View Quote

"That guy who is trying to do the thing I like to do but doesn't know any better....fuck that guy. Fuck him to death and burn his house down because fuck his wife and kids too."

LOL...and we wonder why the right just can't seem to organize anything more complex than a campout.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nobody is saying screw the guys that just turned 21.  

He's talking about all of the friends and coworkers that have talked about buying instead of actually buying for years.  The guys that talked about all of those salad day deals while they bought new trucks and went on vacations.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:49:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'd say 30-40% of people live their entire lives in reactionary mode. There is little long term planning or serious analysis of current events and how they may affect future events.

In a way you can't blame them, especially the ones like under 35 years old, because they've not been educated with regard to American history nor have they been taught critical thinking skills.

View Quote

You're way low. Like that number should be double what you put. Think of the group of people that you know. How many of them would you say are "prepared" for something dramatic? I know in my group of friends it's not half of them that I could say that about.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#41]
I thought I was in really good shape and would have agreed with you last evening.

Then I discovered I need a Steyr AUG butt plate....

The failure is real.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

@noFoTeeneR

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@noFoTeeneR

@noFoTeeneR

I second that PM request.  You must be a primer buying wizard!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Several people I work with are ammo poor and just now thinking about getting into reloading because they can’t find ammo anywhere.
Now reloading components are nonexistent.
Should have started a year ago or more when they chose to blow off sage advise.
View Quote

You know you have used the term ammo poor incorrectly...   anytime you are  (insert word here )  poor it means you spent all your money buying it and have much more of it than others do.

People who are ammo poor,  gun poor,  fishing pole poor   have so much ammo,  so many guns and fishing poles  they probably spent all of their disposable income on those items.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

LOL...and we wonder why the right just can't seem to organize anything more complex than a campout.

View Quote

Exactly! Capitalism can take a back seat to 2A for a little while. Its that important!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#47]
And nobody is going to use their guns for anything but target practice anyways.  Bunch of fucking larpers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#48]
I just with the subsonic wolf .300blk would have dropped before this stupid panic.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

They want them.
Just sayin.
Taurus is the number 1 seller iirc.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top