Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 6:55:41 AM EDT
Finally it sort of makes sense, in a Freudian/Oedipal way.  Apparently, his father was a military man who abandoned him and his mother and never paid child support.

I read Rall's "Revenge of the Latchkey Kids", and he recounts how his (military man) father left Ted and his mom. If memory serves me well, this guy was COMPLETELY ignoring his child support payments and had to be coerced by the court to do so. Later on Ted writes about an attempt to reunite with him years later, and his father matter-of-factly stated he never felt "he had done anything regrettable in his life."

[maxspeak.org/mt/archives/000395.html
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:00:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Ted Rall is a Cheeseweasel.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:04:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I feel so sorry for that poor guy. Abandoned by his Daddy. Boo hoo.

Oedipus? Oh Oedipus?

He was on O'Reilly last night. Just a wee bit effeminate. Easy to dislike.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:09:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Finally it sort of makes sense, in a Freudian/Oedipal way.  Apparently, his father was a military man who abandoned him and his mother and never paid child support.

I read Rall's "Revenge of the Latchkey Kids", and he recounts how his (military man) father left Ted and his mom. If memory serves me well, this guy was COMPLETELY ignoring his child support payments and had to be coerced by the court to do so. Later on Ted writes about an attempt to reunite with him years later, and his father matter-of-factly stated he never felt "he had done anything regrettable in his life."

[maxspeak.org/mt/archives/000395.html

What a maroon. My old man was an SOB, who was in the USAF for 20 years. After he left us, we had to chase him down all over the world to get him to pay medical and dental bills for us as kids. But to project any feelings of resentment or bitterness to the armed forces is utterly moronic. It wasn't their fault, it was his fault. Should Ted Rall hate all teachers, if his dad was a teacher?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Given Rall's record it would not surprise me if he is lying about his family life growing up.

GunLVr
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#5]

I believe the VAST majority of America-hating leftists are severely psychologically disturbed probably as a result of 1) abuse/neglect during childhood, 2) drugs, 3) mental disease and 4) any combination of those factors.

The irrationally excessive anti-authoritarianism that is rampant among leftists seems to be a mechanism by which they try to cope with their immense personal insecurities - they denegrate traditional values and honorable people in order to convince themselves and others that no one is better than them, even though deep inside they know they are morally inferior crumbs with stunted personality disorders.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#6]
If I'd abandoned that little shit, I probably wouldn't regret it much either.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Perhaps two of the most common traits shared by the left are envy and schadenfreude.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's a quarter. Call somebody who gives a rat's fat bottom.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Perhaps two of the most common traits shared by the left are envy and schadenfreude.

That's a quote which should be on everyone's refrigerator!

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top