Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:01:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I think part of it too is how Midway shows in stock for items with drop down sections like that. The smaller package is unavailable, so when browsing 5.56 options, it shows "mixed availability".

The high price is also a big turn off to most.  This panic is far from over. Even reloaders are going nuts.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:03:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Great, something in stock.   Not so great if you're looking for standard run of the mill 12 gauge 7.5 to supply the next few months of youth sporting clays practice and competition.    Local 4h blew through their whole budget buying .22 for rifle and pistol.   We use our own to make the club stuff last longer.   I gave them 4 of the 333 round packs I found at Walmart.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:07:18 AM EDT
[#3]
It's like fucking Bitcoin - no end in sight!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:07:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Local big GS here has allot of ammo, but your gonna pay for it! 9mm is $35 a box. Academy 2 blocks away has been getting ammo 3 days a week with no price increase. Academy supply has been increasing last few weeks. Several battle packs each week fr the early birds. Took ALLOT of effort but finally scored SRP and SPP locally so I'm solid now. Shit's out there but deals are few and far between! FJB!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:18:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Selling 200 rounds for $200 in the morning. Anyone the says it has peaked because they went to A show is full of crap. There will be lulls because the market is digesting the current status. Then it will take off again. There will be micro economies where prices will bounce but the legislation is coming.

Bank on it
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:18:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The way I understood that video was he said they’ve made more ammo this year than in any previous 99 years the company has been in business. Lot of difference in that and saying the last 99 years combined. I could be wrong, maybe he did say that but that’s not how I took it.
View Quote

I believe you are correct. It was also Federal, not Remington (yes I know they own Remington now)
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:27:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I guess I'm in the minority here, but for the time being  I agree. Ammo isn't quite as scarce as it was a month or two ago. Two months ago you also couldn't walk into a store  and see any 9mm pistols or ARs...now they are plentiful around here. Will it get worse? Idk. But for now it leveled out for sure imo.
View Quote

Same here. A week and a half ago, my cousin let me know that a cabela’s had plenty of 556 and 9mm. I drove up there a couple hours later, and they still had a ton.

I know it was sold out the next evening when a friend went up there, but I’m starting to see more places having inventory show up.

It pisses off all the flippers here that are trying to buy a vacation home, but I think it’s starting to level off
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:31:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Um, congress enacts taxes, not brain dead joe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just wait'll Joey signs an XO to tax all ammunition
...and sends out some more Cruna Bux

Um, congress enacts taxes, not brain dead joe.

Environmental fee, then
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:34:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:37:02 AM EDT
[#11]
At some point people run out of money to blow on overpriced ammo.

There won't be an end to the desire, but there will be an end to what people can actually buy either via cash or on credit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:48:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
IMI 5.56 at midway $.79 cpr

Add in tax and shipping and you’re around $.86 cpr, but it’s been available all day, and no one is buying.
View Quote

Wait for them tax “refunds” and stimulus checks
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:51:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2021/01/05/2153664/0/en/AMMO-Inc-Announces-Plans-to-Construct-a-12-Million-Plant-Tripling-its-Manufacturing-Footprint-in-Wisconsin.html

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Jan. 05, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AMMO, Inc. (Nasdaq: POWW ) ("AMMO" or the "Company"), a premier American ammunition and munition components manufacturer and technology leader, has entered into a term sheet with the City of Manitowoc, Wisconsin to acquire in excess of 35 acres in the Manitowoc Industrial Park ("MIP") for the purpose of constructing an expanded loaded ammunition and brass casing manufacturing plant.
In conjunction with its Payson, Arizona based ammunition loading operation, the Company currently operates in Wisconsin in an approximate 50,000 sq. ft. leased facility situated in the MIP where its JMC brass manufacturing business, military-grade ammunition development and supporting loading operations reside. Following the City Council's unanimous approval at last evening's meeting, AMMO will now work with Mayor Justin Nickels and his team to prepare the definitive Development Agreement to consummate the transaction which is founded upon seven figures in incentives tied to substantial job growth and development of the world-class plant. AMMO's current plans call for constructing a best-in-class $12 million (est.), 160,000 sq. ft. facility on the site to be fully operational in the Summer of 2022. AMMO's newly minted cutting-edge facility will support the Company's plan to exponentially expand its manufacturing base of operations in the heart of the US, ensuring it is best positioned from a facilities and location perspective to serve the entire US and its overseas customer base. AMMO anticipates opening the new plant with approximately 150 employees, expecting to increase its workforce over the following 18-24 months and beyond.

"This new state-of-the-art plant will strengthen AMMO's laser focus on designing and manufacturing premium products for the commercial, military, law enforcement and overseas markets," said Fred Wagenhals, AMMO's Chairman and CEO. Mr. Wagenhals also noted that "Mayor Justin Nickels, his staff and the entire Council have demonstrated a can-do approach to supporting business and manufacturing growth in their community, providing a platform for AMMO to be a significant employer in the area, poised for continued growth in the months and years to come."

"We are excited AMMO has selected Manitowoc to expand its manufacturing operations, bringing excellent paying jobs that will make a difference in our community." "We look forward to developing a strong partnership with the AMMO team  a partnership which we believe will lead to future growth down the road and further solidify Manitowoc as a manufacturing hub for many different industries," said Mayor Nickels.

About AMMO, Inc.
With its corporate offices headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona. AMMO, Inc. (the "Company and/or AMMO") designs and manufactures products for a variety of aptitudes, including law enforcement, military, sport shooting and self-defense. The Company was founded in 2016 with a vision to change, innovate and invigorate the complacent munitions industry. AMMO promotes branded munitions as well as its patented STREAK Visual Ammunition, /stelTH/ subsonic munitions, and armor piercing rounds for military use. For more information please visit: www.ammo-inc.com.

Forward Looking Statements
This document contains certain "forward-looking statements". All statements other than statements of historical fact are "forward-looking statements" for purposes of federal and state securities laws, including, but not limited to, any projections of earnings, revenue or other financial items; any statements of the plans, strategies, goals and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning proposed new products and services or developments thereof; any statements regarding future economic conditions or performance; any statements or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing.

Forward looking statements may include the words "may," "could," "estimate," "intend," "continue," "believe," "expect" or "anticipate" or other similar words, or the negative thereof. These forward-looking statements present our estimates and assumptions only as of the date of this report. Accordingly, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the dates on which they are made. We do not undertake to update forward-looking statements to reflect the impact of circumstances or events that arise after the dates they are made. You should, however, consult further disclosures and risk factors we include in Annual Reports on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, and Reports filed on Form 8-K.

Investor Contact:
Rob Wiley, CFO
AMMO, Inc.
Phone: (480) 947-0001
[email protected]
View Quote

Ummmm, even if they move forward, this is probably 18+ months out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:52:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Add in tax and shipping and you’re around $.86 cpr, but it’s been available all day, and no one is buying.

Portions of state refunds can be taxed if you itemize.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:53:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Transitioning to flying my airplane more.  It's cheaper that shooting......??
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:53:23 AM EDT
[#16]
IMI M193 is good shit, i seen trash ammo selling for that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:56:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Smaller quantities and it would sell instantly.

Hard to justify nearly a grand to the wife for a lot of guys.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:04:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Timing is everything with this kind of stuff.

It sunk in to me that people were dying to buy home gym stuff during COVID.

I had about 500 pounds of 1” chrome plates with a barbell, curl bar, triceps bars, and 4 dumbbell bar Paris all with collars I bought in the 1990s because they were shiny and on clearance.

Plus an extra olympic barbell and curl bar and 500 pounds of spare olympic plates.  My days of needing and being convenient to have three or more pairs of 45 each at the bench, squat, and deadlift areas of my home gyms are 20 years in the past.  

I had hex dumbbells from 5”s to 110 pounds.  When that stuff was selling for 2$ plus a pound I could t admit I was never going to need it again.

By the time I decided to sell some the backlog was coming down and people were OFFENDED people would consider selling weights, used, horrible, weights, that weren’t even worth a dollar a pound.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:05:49 AM EDT
[#19]
we’re not even to the point of a gun control bill being introduced in the house
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:16:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I dunno, I'm inclined to side with OP on this.

I'm seeing the prices stabilize on the local gun/ammo selling sites. Listings for 5.56 for $1/round aren't getting marked as sold. 9MM is selling around $.60-$.70 per round.

Primers seemed to have peaked around $150-$175 per 1K on SRP and SPP. Large Pistol, rifle and magnums are around $100 per 1K.
View Quote

Where the heck are you finding primers for that price?  Online? Local?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:28:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Everyone selling can keep it at current prices.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:30:49 AM EDT
[#22]
One thing to keep in mind, is that we are pretty early in how common some of this stuff is.

We talk about leftist and academic echo chambers, but here is a massive over representation of people with NFA, building guns, ammo forts, etc.

Forty years ago,
It was RARE for someone to have an AR, HK, AK, M14, etc.  A very small part of the population.
And MOST of them ‘might have a few hundred rounds of ammo and half a dozen magazines.
A dude with dozens of guns like thar, NFA, and thousands of rounds stashed was exceptionally rare.

Thirty years ago, it was still pretty uncommon.  But 80s television, movies, the import ban, etc. Generated interest.  Even with Chinese ammo about 100$/thousand, those HKS, SPAS12s, etc. Were  about $800, a new Beretta 92 or Glock $500, and a Colt AR about $650.  Feel free to run those through and inflation calculator.

1994 brought added interest and panic.

2004 brought a Renaissance and start of the original salad days.  2008 brought a little scare.  And we had a bigger one in 2013.  At this point, lessons should really have been learned.  (The young and broke get a pass, but otherwise...)

And we had a little scare four years ago.

And now we have a defcon 1 panic.

But in all honesty,
Hardcore multi AR owning, AR building, ammo fort holding, training getting, stacks of magazine types are probably 100x as common now as in the 1980s,
But still only a small percentage of Amercians.

Plenty still own that shotgun and hunting rifle and pistol on the nightstand with a few boxes of ammo for each.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:32:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You know guys, if you dollar cost average your ammo, it makes it not seem so prison-rape level expensive.  
View Quote

Today's dry rape is tomorrow's gentle loving.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:35:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Well that didn’t last long. I’m still getting it locally for around 60-65 cpr locally. Savings is no shipping but it’s hit and miss. Also still have a lot of older boxes labeled 5.49.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:39:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

The squeeze hasn't even started yet. When it finally gets applied, what is out there now, will evaporate in several hours.

One stroke of the pen will end ammo and component imports.

Vista is a singular choke point that is obviously vulnerable.
DOT and OSHA regulations are a weapon...they don't have to ban a thing, just make things prohibitively expensive.

Brass production is the Achilles, and has been for a decade without an answer, or anyone stepping up to take the risk.
The alloy uses Nickle, and OSHA can mandate a zero exposure edict without legislation, on a whim, or order from Pedo Joe's crack cabinet that is "deeply concerned with breast cancer and our health".

These Marxist fuckstains WILL go there, as they are all Soros and Bloomberg muppets.

Primers....same thing. Lead styphnate exposure is all the concern they need as an excuse to "Save us from our own ignorance".

Joe is too damn stupid to quit pushing the Q-tip when his ear hurts, but the Marxist muppets around him, were placed there by others.

They haven't started yet.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:55:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Where the heck are you finding primers for that price?  Online? Local?
View Quote

Yeah, its like the Utah version of Gun Broker, only its free:

https://utahgunexchange.com/

Plenty of listing in $200 range, but those are staying up and not marked as sold.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:02:52 AM EDT
[#27]
I have plenty of 556, but I like having plenty of 556 and I'd prefer not to dip into reserves I cant replace. I think I'll be able to count the number of range trips in 2021 on one or two hands. Going below 5k rounds isnt acceptable to me. And it wouldnt take a lot of 200 - 300 round trips to get there.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:28:16 AM EDT
[#28]

People are sucking up 223/556 at $1 rnd here
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:52:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2021/01/05/2153664/0/en/AMMO-Inc-Announces-Plans-to-Construct-a-12-Million-Plant-Tripling-its-Manufacturing-Footprint-in-Wisconsin.html

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Jan. 05, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AMMO, Inc. (Nasdaq: POWW ) ("AMMO" or the "Company"), a premier American ammunition and munition components manufacturer and technology leader, has entered into a term sheet with the City of Manitowoc, Wisconsin to acquire in excess of 35 acres in the Manitowoc Industrial Park ("MIP") for the purpose of constructing an expanded loaded ammunition and brass casing manufacturing plant.
In conjunction with its Payson, Arizona based ammunition loading operation, the Company currently operates in Wisconsin in an approximate 50,000 sq. ft. leased facility situated in the MIP where its JMC brass manufacturing business, military-grade ammunition development and supporting loading operations reside. Following the City Council's unanimous approval at last evening's meeting, AMMO will now work with Mayor Justin Nickels and his team to prepare the definitive Development Agreement to consummate the transaction which is founded upon seven figures in incentives tied to substantial job growth and development of the world-class plant. AMMO's current plans call for constructing a best-in-class $12 million (est.), 160,000 sq. ft. facility on the site to be fully operational in the Summer of 2022. AMMO's newly minted cutting-edge facility will support the Company's plan to exponentially expand its manufacturing base of operations in the heart of the US, ensuring it is best positioned from a facilities and location perspective to serve the entire US and its overseas customer base. AMMO anticipates opening the new plant with approximately 150 employees, expecting to increase its workforce over the following 18-24 months and beyond.

"This new state-of-the-art plant will strengthen AMMO's laser focus on designing and manufacturing premium products for the commercial, military, law enforcement and overseas markets," said Fred Wagenhals, AMMO's Chairman and CEO. Mr. Wagenhals also noted that "Mayor Justin Nickels, his staff and the entire Council have demonstrated a can-do approach to supporting business and manufacturing growth in their community, providing a platform for AMMO to be a significant employer in the area, poised for continued growth in the months and years to come."

"We are excited AMMO has selected Manitowoc to expand its manufacturing operations, bringing excellent paying jobs that will make a difference in our community." "We look forward to developing a strong partnership with the AMMO team  a partnership which we believe will lead to future growth down the road and further solidify Manitowoc as a manufacturing hub for many different industries," said Mayor Nickels.

About AMMO, Inc.
With its corporate offices headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona. AMMO, Inc. (the "Company and/or AMMO") designs and manufactures products for a variety of aptitudes, including law enforcement, military, sport shooting and self-defense. The Company was founded in 2016 with a vision to change, innovate and invigorate the complacent munitions industry. AMMO promotes branded munitions as well as its patented STREAK Visual Ammunition, /stelTH/ subsonic munitions, and armor piercing rounds for military use. For more information please visit: www.ammo-inc.com.

This document contains certain "forward-looking statements". All statements other than statements of historical fact are "forward-looking statements" for purposes of federal and state securities laws, including, but not limited to, any projections of earnings, revenue or other financial items; any statements of the plans, strategies, goals and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning proposed new products and services or developments thereof; any statements regarding future economic conditions or performance; any statements or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing.

Forward looking statements may include the words "may," "could," "estimate," "intend," "continue," "believe," "expect" or "anticipate" or other similar words, or the negative thereof. These forward-looking statements present our estimates and assumptions only as of the date of this report. Accordingly, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the dates on which they are made. We do not undertake to update forward-looking statements to reflect the impact of circumstances or events that arise after the dates they are made. You should, however, consult further disclosures and risk factors we include in Annual Reports on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, and Reports filed on Form 8-K.

Investor Contact:
Rob Wiley, CFO
AMMO, Inc.
[email protected]
View Quote

wish they would of came over too Iowa. kindof like LMT did from Illinois
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:11:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Yo..OP.
FPNI
There is a fucking run on air gun pellets now. Stocks are dwindling rapidly and cost is rising.
There is still a fair amount available but it’s starting to retract toward in stock items are either expensive oddball stuff or the low end...and the low end is not so low anymore depending on how hard you look.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:34:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The way I understood that video was he said they’ve made more ammo this year than in any previous 99 years the company has been in business. Lot of difference in that and saying the last 99 years combined. I could be wrong, maybe he did say that but that’s not how I took it.
View Quote

I think that's what he really meant, but was very careful to phrase it so that people would take it the other way (more this year than combined 99 previous).
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:42:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
FPNI

the ammo shortage is just getting started

View Quote

Yep.  1/1/22 is when the filibuster ends.  Things will continue to get worse until then based just on fear and speculation.  After that, shiiiiiit.......
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:49:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Sporting clay club buys the ammo for practice but for competition you buy.    Club buys a bunch and we can buy the comp stuff at their cost.    I was told by the head coach that they are having trouble finding enough to supply and the practices might have to be curtailed (don't think he wants to relate the real shortage).    They were using Fiocchi which is now gone, Rio was used for practice a couple of weeks ago and then the comp on the weekend.   Now we are using Armusa which I think will be the last the club will see.   I've run around to all the local rural walmart stores to get enough for practice and comp for my older son if the club runs out.    Bought mixed Federal, Winchester, and Estate 7.5 and 8's at pre panic prices at walmart.    Academy, Cabelas, and the LGS have nothing other than 28G.    We have a 28 but it's my younger son's gun and he doesn't like the older using his stuff.     They both do 4h pistol and rifle but because of the master killer sickness the county extension office cancels most of the practices.   If they shut off ammo imports, sporting clays, trap, and skeet will suffer greatly.    2/3's of all the shells I see on the ground are of european manufacture.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:01:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Shooters World in Tampa,Fl has PLENTY of ammo.Their shelves are stocked likes it’s pre-covid times.9mm is at $.80/round and 223/5.56 is at $1.00/round.They have higher than average prices in the best of times but with the sheer size and scope of their operation it’s necessary just to cover the overhead on a place that size.I have a guns and ammo route I hit every few days that takes me through all the shops and big box retailers in the area that  sell ammo and reloading supplies and the only stores that actually have inventory are the places that have high prices...At this point it is what it is...I’m just happy to stay shooting without dipping into my pile.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:09:29 AM EDT
[#35]
I agree with OP.  It is at the peak now unless another event occurs. People can only panic buy for so long and so much.  If there is some shooting and/or serious talks about bans though, look out, to the the moon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:11:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Holy shit, I literally bought a couple cases of that about this time last year for less than $300 per case if I recall correctly.  I stumbled over a full case yesterday in my ammo room

Quoted:
At some point people run out of money to blow on overpriced ammo.

There won't be an end to the desire, but there will be an end to what people can actually buy either via cash or on credit.
View Quote

Agreed.  Pretty soon most with cash or willing to use credit will run out both.  Prices will eventually normalize; I suspect late spring and summer when interests turns to vacation time...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:15:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Double damn post!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:28:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I agree with OP.  It is at the peak now unless another event occurs. People can only panic buy for so long and so much.  If there is some shooting and/or serious talks about bans though, look out, to the the moon.
View Quote

You say that as if there's a chance that won't happen.  Pelosi is in charge in the house, Schumer is (inexplicably) in control of the senate and Xiden is in the Oval Office.  Everyone is in place for gun control to happen. Some republicans will offer token defense but cave when given some useless (to us) pork in return.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:41:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

About AMMO, Inc.

Investor Contact:
Rob Wiley, CFO
AMMO, Inc.
[email protected]
View Quote

That one confuses me.  I've literally never heard of this company, and I live in the Phoenix valley.  I've never seen their product on a gun store shelf or seen it for sale on line.  That's terrible marketing considering they promote themselves like their getting into position to take over the American ammunition market.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:50:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They must not think things will change with a Xiden administration.

This run on ammo isn't about shooting sporting clays.
View Quote

It’s about sporting clays too apparently. I’ve never been into shotguns, but my two boys joined a clays team this fall. I have no birdshot fort, and I’m having a heck of a time feeding their shotguns.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:59:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
FPNI

the ammo shortage is just getting started

View Quote

The understatement of the century.

Wait until the regime taxes the shit out of it. It's coming.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:19:35 AM EDT
[#42]
In the future, the only reason for ammo prices to drop is that they've successfully banned all guns definitely.

Easy there guys. This new regime is less than a week old.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:22:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Stop with the boomer shit JR, I'm 60 and I cant find 22lr either
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I dunno, I'm inclined to side with OP on this.

I'm seeing the prices stabilize on the local gun/ammo selling sites. Listings for 5.56 for $1/round aren't getting marked as sold. 9MM is selling around $.60-$.70 per round.

Primers seemed to have peaked around $150-$175 per 1K on SRP and SPP. Large Pistol, rifle and magnums are around $100 per 1K.
View Quote

Locally, it seems primers stick around a bit. But online, every piece sells out before you can click the notification you received.

Granted they aren’t getting many bricks in but they still go too fast for me to grab any, ever.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Timing is everything with this kind of stuff.

It sunk in to me that people were dying to buy home gym stuff during COVID.

I had about 500 pounds of 1” chrome plates with a barbell, curl bar, triceps bars, and 4 dumbbell bar Paris all with collars I bought in the 1990s because they were shiny and on clearance.

Plus an extra olympic barbell and curl bar and 500 pounds of spare olympic plates.  My days of needing and being convenient to have three or more pairs of 45 each at the bench, squat, and deadlift areas of my home gyms are 20 years in the past.  

I had hex dumbbells from 5”s to 110 pounds.  When that stuff was selling for 2$ plus a pound I could t admit I was never going to need it again.

By the time I decided to sell some the backlog was coming down and people were OFFENDED people would consider selling weights, used, horrible, weights, that weren’t even worth a dollar a pound.
View Quote

Damn. I missed peak concrete/plastic Weider.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:03:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This.

The squeeze hasn't even started yet. When it finally gets applied, what is out there now, will evaporate in several hours.

DOT and OSHA regulations are a weapon...they don't have to ban a thing, just make things prohibitively expensive.

Brass production is the Achilles, and has been for a decade without an answer, or anyone stepping up to take the risk.
The alloy uses Nickle, and OSHA can mandate a zero exposure edict without legislation, on a whim, or order from Pedo Joe's crack cabinet that is "deeply concerned with breast cancer and our health".

These Marxist fuckstains WILL go there, as they are all Soros and Bloomberg muppets.

Primers....same thing. Lead styphnate exposure is all the concern they need as an excuse to "Save us from our own ignorance".

Joe is too damn stupid to quit pushing the Q-tip when his ear hurts, but the Marxist muppets around him, were placed there by others.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

+1

Bullet components will become available again for free once the civil war starts.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:38:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Things have slowed a bit, but we still haven't reached peak. LGS can sell a months worth of 9 every week when they have some.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which world do you live in?
When Biden gets rolling on his gun/ammo bans you’ll see at least twice the current rate for ammo.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That Remington video the other day said they made more ammo in 2020 than in the combined 99 years of the company.

I wonder how much total ammo was sold on the civilian market in 2020.

4 or 5 billion rounds?
View Quote
No numbers yet for 2019 or 2020. For 2017 it was 8.1 billion rounds, and in 2018 it was 8.7 billion. I assume 2020 had more demand, but the Remington plant hasn't been running at capacity since Vista took it over, and won't for several more months.

ETA: Source for the ammunition numbers is the National Shooting Sports Foundation.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I think part of it too is how Midway shows in stock for items with drop down sections like that. The smaller package is unavailable, so when browsing 5.56 options, it shows "mixed availability".

The high price is also a big turn off to most.  This panic is far from over. Even reloaders are going nuts.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/468179/46FC5533-FA36-46B8-B919-CF9162C8DB5E-1797135.png
View Quote
A buddy sent me this last night, I think it was around $1950 at the time. He guessed, and I agree, that it's likely shill bidding to further drive the panic.

$0.45/primer? I just don't believe it.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top