Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm with you OP

That's fucked up

At the minimum, the kid's parents should have know to keep him away or say something to you
View Quote
stop it.

Op should talk to his family more if he just now found out that wuflu was (or wasn't) ravaging his close friends and family,  starting in November.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:27:59 AM EDT
[#2]
My mother and brother both had it and survived with no troubles and a women in town in her late 70s morbidly obese with breathing disorders survived it never leaving her home.
I dont really think most people have anything to fear from it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:37:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I shook hands with an hiv+ lady once. Glad to survive.

You guys have the entirety of mankinds knowledge at your fingertips, but yet here we are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I met a buddy I hadn't seen in two years.  We met, shook hands, spent almost two hours at a diner eating and chatting.  When we left, we shook hands again.

Two days later he calls me to tell me he tested positive.  He's a shift manager at a Starbucks that does both walk-in and drive-through business,so I can't say I was surprised.

But guess what? I got my own test three days later, and I'm negative.  How can that be? Shouldn't I be in a hospital on a ventilator by now?  Two hours with someone who had it, seated about two feet apart from each other.

I guess I got really lucky and dodged a bullet.

I shook hands with an hiv+ lady once. Glad to survive.

You guys have the entirety of mankinds knowledge at your fingertips, but yet here we are.

Amazing how you too have access to that same knowledge yet still post something so ridiculous.

Comparing HIV to Covid is complete nonsense unless your goal is to spread a narrative and fear monger.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:45:13 AM EDT
[#4]
In Before some "Genius" with his MD. from the University of Facebook / Twitter claims COVID is nothing but a fake & a Scam ...

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:48:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My mother and brother both had it and survived with no troubles and a women in town in her late 70s morbidly obese with breathing disorders survived it never leaving her home.
View Quote

O.P.s neighbor just had TWO people in his neighbors house who DIED of COVID...  

I have two Relatives & and a Acquaintance who DIED of COVID...

I dont really think most people have anything to fear from it - (unless you consider having Permanent Lung Scarring and / or Death as  "Minor Side Affects"... )

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:57:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Never wore a mask during the whole fucking thing. Haven't been sick for years.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:05:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what the math says but AHHHHHHHHH EVERYONE IS GUNNA DIE!!!

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:08:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I dont really think most people have anything to fear from it - (unless you consider having Permanent Lung Scarring and / or Death as  "Minor Side Affects"... )

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. Sofa king scared OF covid.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:25:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Over 400,000 Americans found out differently  ...    Including my Aunt who was as All American & Wonderful as any woman could have been.  Raised great kids & Grandkids, loved her husband from college to the day he died, always active at Church & Charities.  Just a wonderful & loving Angel in every way.

I'm a better man for knowing her, and you are by far the lesser man if you can't figure out that each of those lives gone was somebody who was loved.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:31:04 AM EDT
[#10]
What is crumby? That is not the right word.

You mean crummy. I started reading thinking you meant “crumbly” like weak.

After reading it I’m more struck by how the little neighbor shit kid seems unphased by his grandfather dying and his dad deathly ill than any of the rest. Sounds like a little sociopath.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:31:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Over 400,000 Americans found out differently  ...    Including my Aunt who was as All American & Wonderful as any woman could have been.  Raised great kids & Grandkids, loved her husband from college to the day he died, always active at Church & Charities.  Just a wonderful & loving Angel in every way.

I'm a better man for knowing her, and you are by far the lesser man if you can't figure out that each of those lives gone was somebody who was loved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry you lost people but we all die someday. Covid just rescheduled it for some.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:37:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:52:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm sorry you lost people but we all die someday. Covid just rescheduled it for some.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Acquaintance I mentioned who passed away was a Coworker of my from a former job.  Not only did we work, but we used to fish on Sunday after Church.  He was a Football Player (Defensive End for a College team in the midwest), Very Healthy.  Married, two sweet kids (girl & boy). Great Job, House, Family - he had it all.

Now he's gone.  Grieving Widow.  Two young kids without their loving father.  His parents burying their own son.  Taken decades before his time (it would seem)... Healthy one day and then Dead in 10 quick days of steady decline.  His wife, kids or parents couldn't even be by his bedside.  

I'm a peaceful & generous guy when it comes to others & their freedom of opinion, no matter how stupid. But if I could swap any of those "It Ain't Nuthin but a Cold - You are just a Scaredy Cat if you wear a mask" jackasses for either of those fine & wonderful people, I confess I'd do so in a heartbeat & a smile.

I'll have to pray over that tonight when I turn it.   May God forgive me for wishing that they find out the hard way the error of their folly.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:07:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The Acquaintance I mentioned who passed away was a Coworker of my from a former job.  Not only did we work, but we used to fish on Sunday after Church.  He was a Football Player (Defensive End for a College team in the midwest), Very Healthy.  Married, two sweet kids (girl & boy). Great Job, House, Family - he had it all.

Now he's gone.  Grieving Widow.  Two young kids without their loving father.  His parents burying their own son.  Taken decades before his time (it would seem)... Healthy one day and then Dead in 10 quick days of steady decline.  His wife, kids or parents couldn't even be by his bedside.  

I'm a peaceful & generous guy when it comes to others & their freedom of opinion, no matter how stupid. But if I could swap any of those "It Ain't Nuthin but a Cold - You are just a Scaredy Cat if you wear a mask" jackasses for either of those fine & wonderful people, I confess I'd do so in a heartbeat & a smile.

I'll have to pray over that tonight when I turn it.   May God forgive me for wishing that they find out the hard way the error of their folly.
View Quote

You must be Catholic.

Every once in awhile i run across someone who knows over a dozen people who have died of covid. All of them were fit and in their prime with so much to live for and died alone in the hospital.

Everyone else i know doesn't seem to know a single person that hasn't fully recovered.

I once knew a guy who died from the flu in his 20's. My dad died from horrible cancer in his mid 50's. One of my best friends got killed by a drunk driver while riding his motorcycle at 18 y/o. When i was in the 4th grade, i watched a kid that lived in our neighborhood get hit by a train while we were walking to the bus stop.

I dont remember people locking down the country over any of it.

People die. If your spiritually fit you should know that this existence is the only hell you will ever know.

Fear of death is for spoiled and soft societies.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:57:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You must be Catholic.

Every once in awhile i run across someone who knows over a dozen people who have died of covid. All of them were fit and in their prime with so much to live for and died alone in the hospital.

Everyone else i know doesn't seem to know a single person that hasn't fully recovered.

I once knew a guy who died from the flu in his 20's. My dad died from horrible cancer in his mid 50's. One of my best friends got killed by a drunk driver while riding his motorcycle at 18 y/o. When i was in the 4th grade, i watched a kid that lived in our neighborhood get hit by a train while we were walking to the bus stop.

I dont remember people locking down the country over any of it.

People die. If your spiritually fit you should know that this existence is the only hell you will ever know.

Fear of death is for spoiled and soft societies.

View Quote

I didn't know a person close to me or our family who died for almost 8 months.  Then people I knew & loved died.

I've known a lot of death.  It comes in so many ways.  Auto Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Flying Accident, Forklift Accident, Drowning, Slip in the Tub, Diseases from Cancer to Chirossis .  I've known people with so much material shit but so empty inside that they killed themselves in weakness.  I've known people who had nothing but their family, and yet fought bravely for their lives against the long odds.  But when death is random accidents or fairly rare diseases, that comes up as the roll of the dice or "Gods Plan" even when it devastates those left behind.  We all must die, but no one was yet preached that it is somehow God's Plan that we needlessly waste the gift of life he bestows upon us. Take simple precautions to protect your gifts.  If you'd lock your car door to keep someone from stealing your laptop, why wouldn't you buckle your seatbelt?  I can buy a laptop at many stores.  I can't get another son or daughter.

Covid is a disease.  We know that it is a Virus.  We know where it came from.  We know how it spreads.  We know that it (currently) is fatal in about 1% of the population who contract it, and can cause lifelong issues for survivors who did not die.  We know certain methods can reduce  the odds of transmission of the disease.  

I work with a lot of Medical Professionals. Besides Space & Energy, Houston is a Hub of Major Medical Centers and they have ALL been running at "Red Alert" because of the Flood of Covid Cases for many Months straight.   The Desired maximum communicability rate is less than 5%.   Houston (& Most of Metro Texas) are currently running nearly 4 times that at 19.2% ish (according to news tonight).   When I speak to Actual Doctors & Nurses (not "internet experts" who got their wacky theories & 'learning' from Twitter or Facebook) they are to a person each & all VERY concerned that they are just holding back the Tsunami.    I have yet to met a single Doctor or Nurse who just laughed it off as a Scam or "No Big Deal"...   Thankfully it isn't 99% fatal like "Captain Tripps" in "The Stand" but new mutations are becoming more infectious and at some point I'd expect them to become even more lethal.

400,000 deaths is more Americans dead than died in all of World War II (4 years) Vs. Covid in just 1 year.     When those Doctors & Nurses also say "Besides the Death - We deal with a significant number of Long Term Patients - some of whom will never fully recover" that means a something.   Sadly, some folks have put political polarization as a thing.  A virus doesn't care if you are a "D" or R" or "I" or Man or Woman or Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu or whatever.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:07:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He knew.

People do this all of the time.  They are selfish.

This is the way our society works now.  No accountability nor personal responsibility.
View Quote

It's a symptom of the decline of America and it's spreading and getting worse.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Millions of Americans die every year. Why am I supposed to suddenly start caring this year? Because cnn told me to? Because joe Biden pretends to care ? Because anonymous usernames on arfcom pretend to care?

Did you care when my grandma died of heartbreak, or did you care when my grandpa died of cancer? Or when my other grandpa flopped over dead at 55 2 weeks after retiring from a 37 year career? Are you going to care when my final living grandparent dies sitting in a room alone suffering from dementia as they ‘protect’ her from your super scary virus?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feelings mutual. I’d love to swap a few doomers out for better, stronger people that left us too soon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Millions of Americans die every year. Why am I supposed to suddenly start caring this year? Because cnn told me to? Because joe Biden pretends to care ? Because anonymous usernames on arfcom pretend to care?

Did you care when my grandma died of heartbreak, or did you care when my grandpa died of cancer? Or when my other grandpa flopped over dead at 55 2 weeks after retiring from a 37 year career? Are you going to care when my final living grandparent dies sitting in a room alone suffering from dementia as they ‘protect’ her from your super scary virus?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This crap pisses me off more than just about anything else. Its criminal to isolate people that will die anyway, from their families...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There is the possibility that he wasn't contagious when he visited, because at that point it had already run its course and infected the family.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His father was at his house literally lying in his deathbed just after his grandfather died of COVID. You want to assume the kid was not contagious?

There is the possibility that he wasn't contagious when he visited, because at that point it had already run its course and infected the family.

LOL, some people can rationalize anything.  If the grandpa just died of COVID and the father is on his deathbed with COVID then everyone in that house should be avoiding people unless it is absolutely necessary.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Kid should have been locked up to grieve alone, right.  That sounds healthy.  

I hate to break it to you but unless you stay home and lysol your delivered groceries and mail you have probably been exposed to covid more than you would like to think about.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Kid should have been locked up to grieve alone, right.  That sounds healthy.  

I hate to break it to you but unless you stay home and lysol your delivered groceries and mail you have probably been exposed to covid more than you would like to think about.
View Quote

Explain to me how getting groceries to survive or mail that might possibly be contaminated with a tiny amount of whatever is even remotely comparable to sending your kid over to play with the neighbors while you lie on your deathbed from the same viral infection that just killed your father.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Kid is twelve. Seems old enough to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Kid is twelve. Seems old enough to me.

I will say upfront, that's pretty irresponsible, however my wife teaches that age (middle school); classrooms packed with 30+kids, constant reminders for them to keep their masks on per school policy.  She's had a dozen or so pulled out for either being positive or being exposed to a family member.  Kids really don't transmit it at all, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Now for me?  Fucking work policy is if you're "exposed" at work, it's quarantine.  Got that message last Thursday as somebody tested positive at work and was in that circle evidently.  No symptoms (had it over Christmas though), but have to get tested this AM.  I don't blame anyone, it's a fucking virus...it's going to get around.  Those who are in the higher-risk categories need to protect themselves...kids are oblivious.

Quoted:
Over 400,000 Americans found out differently...

So is the CDC is saying definitively that those 400K died from COVID?  Considering our overall mortality rate is on the same glide path as last year, I would say COVID has saved tens of thousands from dying from heart-disease, cancer, respiratory diseases, diabetes, etc.  Sorry, it's real, but COVID hasn't killed 400K by itself...it's the same as the common cold and influenza with regards to exacerbating those at risk with certain comorbidities.  Is it dangerous to some?  Yeah, it is, but it's not dangerous for over 98% of the population.  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Not sure I believe the OP story.  Sounds a lot like doomer fiction
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#25]
It's possible to believe it's real and dangerous and also realize we shouldn't have shut things down. This thing has been political while at the same time being real. People who are realistic realize we have to deal with it and the way to deal is different for everyone. The unrealistic don't want to deal with it at all.

I personally am afraid of it for myself ( overweight ) and my mom ( old ) but realize for a lot of people it's nothing. We have stayed away from people as much as possible but you still have to live.

I wonder the age and health of both the doomer and the flu bro groups. I think it would be very interesting.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is the kid even of age to know there was a issue
View Quote

My boys and 9 and 5 and they understand COVID better than some adults do.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU ALLOW A CONTAGIOUS CHILD INTO YOUR HOME.
View Quote

Show me the data that suggests asymptomatic children are spreading COVID. They're not. There is no data. None.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Show me the data that suggests asymptomatic children are spreading COVID. They're not. There is no data. None.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU ALLOW A CONTAGIOUS CHILD INTO YOUR HOME.

Was the child asymptomatic?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

We all die, Hammer, it’s the main fact of life.

I have lost people I know to COVID, just like I have lost people to car accidents, gun shots, suicide, and the list goes on.

The reactions people have to this government created hysteria is sad and laughable.

An entire country brought to its knees by a virus that is never going away, and it less deadly than many, many other afflictions.

Yes, it kills older people and those with comorbidities, but so does pneumonia, sepsis and a whole host of other diseases, virus, and bacteria.

Just because we all know someone who has died from it doesn’t make it more deadly.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Someone, at some point, has been to your home and spread germs that weren't there before.

Wash your hands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He knew.

This is the way our society works now.  No accountability nor personal responsibility.

It blows my mind. How hard is it to wait a little until you're well? The lack of self control and consideration for others is mind boggling.

Someone, at some point, has been to your home and spread germs that weren't there before.

Wash your hands.

That's not how you spread fear, fuck the economy, and fuck elections.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:41:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Somehow neighbors always seem nice after they die
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He knew.

It blows my mind. How hard is it to wait a little until you're well? The lack of self control and consideration for others is mind boggling.

Wash your hands.

It amazes me that you guys can't see the distinction between all of the bullshit fearmongering measures that have been pushed up to this point and actual prudent measures that were common sense prior to Kung Flu.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So because older people died of a disease that the young and healthy aren't terrified of you wish harm upon them? You'd trade the young and healthy for people that have lived their life just because they don't cower under their blanket?

Boy howdy, that's something.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Cigarette smoking kills nearly 500k per year, everybody knows it's bad for you, yet they are sold in stores to everyone. People refuse the flu shot every year.  Take precautions, but don't stop living because you're scared of getting a virus that has a 98.3% survival rate per Johns Hopkins.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Both of my mom's parents died of Alzheimer's.

Never forget...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#36]
I guess we still have doomers about us
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Twelve year olds do dumb shit without thinking.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I guess we still have doomers about us
View Quote

Like masks, they're not going anywhere anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
But yet here you are, a month later, posting about it on old man faces book.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#40]
You should double mask to be safe.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Oh they spread it just fine. The only known fix is to wash your damn hands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kids aren't the ones doing the spreading.  Unless they're picking their noses up to their brains and wiping it on your eyeballs.
Amazing that no one seems to get this.

Oh they spread it just fine. The only known fix is to wash your damn hands.
Not sure if serious.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#42]
How old was your recently deceased neighbor, overweight, or any other health probs?

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#43]
but... did you die?

Sack up, OP.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#44]
I learned a new word today, thanks to OP

Crumby

I try to learn at least one new word every day; have been doing it for almost sixty years. Call it a hobby, self- improvement challenge; whatever.   When I saw the topic heading with "crumby", I thought, no way.  Looked it up, and sure enough, it is a word.
Thank's OP
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
OP would HATE me and my family.

Then again I’m not afraid of a virus that gave my wife sniffles for a few days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
OP would HATE me and my family.

Then again I’m not afraid of a virus that gave my wife sniffles for a few days.

Yeah OP is a giant pussy.  If this gets his panties in a twist, I don't know how he managed to get through a lifetime's worth of regular cold and flu seasons with neighbors losing multiple family members to sniffles.

Oh, wait..

Fucking dumbass.  

Quoted:
I met a buddy I hadn't seen in two years.  We met, shook hands, spent almost two hours at a diner eating and chatting.  When we left, we shook hands again.

Two days later he calls me to tell me he tested positive.  He's a shift manager at a Starbucks that does both walk-in and drive-through business,so I can't say I was surprised.

But guess what? I got my own test three days later, and I'm negative.  How can that be? Shouldn't I be in a hospital on a ventilator by now?  Two hours with someone who had it, seated about two feet apart from each other.

I guess I got really lucky and dodged a bullet.

Getting tested 3 days later doesn't tell you jack shit.  2 weeks later would be more relevant.

And for all the snark, it would appear that a lot of people never got the memo that there is a small subset of the population that is genetically pre-disposed to getting laid out by it.   Just because something is overhyped for political purposes doesn't mean it's entirely nonexistent.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#46]
My doctor told me today that I should refrain from hugging to help stop the spread of the covids. I told my doc I been divorced for 10 years and if a I got a chance to hug a girl I doubt I would be able to stop my self.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

His father was at his house literally lying in his deathbed just after his grandfather died of COVID. You want to assume the kid was not contagious?
View Quote

Sure. I had it months back. By the time I was "sure" I had it, my wife had been exposed to me on a regular basis. Months later, our daughter contacted it. The wife didn't get it from either of us. My doctor said they're seeing a LOT of households where one member gets it and no one else does.

I dunno what else to say. The wife probably SHOULD have gotten it. She either did and was asymptomatic or is immune or plain didn't get it. She passed two tests, one for each exposure, for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#48]
12 year old loses his pops and grandpops and here you are calling them “crumby”.....

The poor kid deserves a better neighborhood
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top